What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA WR Shay Fields (Signed to COLORADO)

[video=youtube;E5RhjPw198A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5RhjPw198A[/video]

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=1357538&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2frecruiting.scout.com%2f2%2f1357538.html
"St. John Bosco wide out Shay Fields committed to USC in late October but with a new staff now in place, the receiver is making sure he has some backup options."

Sounds like there is still a shot at him. LA Daily News Scott Wolf called him a "sort-of commit". Hopefully we are still talking to him.

With the news that JT is not returning, it now makes a lot more sense to bring in 2 WRs.

Regardless, imo Fields is within that group of "best player available" guys you take if you can land regardless of position. Once you've filled your positional needs, there are always a handful of scholarships reserved for that.

He strikes me as the kind of kid who could get lost in the mix at SC who could shine at a place like CU.

Having both Fields and Walker would go a long way towards replacing P-Rich. I will be very impressed with this year's WR recruiting if we close out Fields.

I don't have a rivals account, but I'm guessing Fields is who he is talking about.

[tweet]415308871800860672[/tweet]

This is a big one for the coaching staff.
That is an understatement if I have ever read one.

Yet I still think it is a reach. He always wanted to go to USC and he has a USC offer. Sounds like the only reason he is looking at all is he hasn't spoken with Sark yet. If Sark says he really wants him in this class and sees big things for him there, than I think we have little chance.

But if Sark is luke warm than I'll take my chances with Cal. We are a team showing real improvement behind a great HC and Cal is not looking good. And we can offer the chance for early PT and the potential to replace a guy who is headed for the NFL.

If Sark wanted him, he would have heard from him by now. Takes 12 seconds to send all your commits a text. Kid has moved on and is just stopping short of saying it.

That is an understatement if I have ever read one.

Yet I still think it is a reach. He always wanted to go to USC and he has a USC offer. Sounds like the only reason he is looking at all is he hasn't spoken with Sark yet. If Sark says he really wants him in this class and sees big things for him there, than I think we have little chance.

But if Sark is luke warm than I'll take my chances with Cal. We are a team showing real improvement behind a great HC and Cal is not looking good. And we can offer the chance for early PT and the potential to replace a guy who is headed for the NFL.

All good points.

If we are going to turn the program and recruiting around we have got to start stealing some guys who look to be locks or strong leans elsewhere. If the coaches can give him reason to believe that CU is the right place then we will have a sign that they can sell and close the kind of player we need to close.

If Sark wanted him, he would have heard from him by now. Takes 12 seconds to send all your commits a text. Kid has moved on and is just stopping short of saying it.

Doesn't mean the kid doesn't still want to play for USC. He's called it his "dream school".
But if he's looking at it from a rational standpoint I think he's moved on. We can offer him a whole lot more then USC can. Almost immediate PT, potential to be the face of the program in a few years(judging by his highlights), a head coach he seems to be turning the program around, and still play a couple of games in CA in front of friends and family.

Also, congrats to Shay Fields and St John Bosco. They beat De La Salle in the championship last night. Shay had five catches for 58 yards.

Doesn't mean the kid doesn't still want to play for USC. He's called it his "dream school".
But if he's looking at it from a rational standpoint I think he's moved on. We can offer him a whole lot more then USC can. Almost immediate PT, potential to be the face of the program in a few years(judging by his highlights), a head coach he seems to be turning the program around, and still play a couple of games in CA in front of friends and family.

He can't play for USC if they won't take him. That's what it really boils down to.

He can't play for USC if they won't take him. That's what it really boils down to.

Not quite. If they don't take him it means Sark doesn't think he can play for USC. There's a difference. If the dude comes to CU and can ball, USC will look foolish for passing on him.

Not quite. If they don't take him it means Sark doesn't think he can play for USC. There's a difference. If the dude comes to CU and can ball, USC will look foolish for passing on him.

Yes, Sark is the head coach at USC. If he won't honor the scholarship, Fields won't play there. It's the entire reason he is looking around.

FWIW I think Sark is moving away from the USC Pro offense. Which may mean smaller receivers, but it sounds like they're not recruiting Fields

Back