What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA WR Shay Fields (Signed to COLORADO)

How is this guy not more highly recruited? Obviously USC did offer, but Cal and CU aren't exactly the best options. No Washington, Oregon etc? 80 receptions, 1600 yards and 17 TD's:wow:.

How is this guy not more highly recruited? Obviously USC did offer, but Cal and CU aren't exactly the best options. No Washington, Oregon etc? 80 receptions, 1600 yards and 17 TD's:wow:.

I think it comes down to that ideal size. I know it's bunk, if the guy can play, he can play, but the immediate response is he's too small.

Yes, Sark is the head coach at USC. If he won't honor the scholarship, Fields won't play there. It's the entire reason he is looking around.

What I mean though is perception can be wrong. Even a good football mind like Sark can be totally wrong and whiff on a kid. He might not like Fields' tape or something and be making a big mistake by not showing interest. The fact that he's not getting locked down by USC doesn't mean he's not good enough to play there, it means that Sark's perception is that he's not good enough to play there and there's a big difference IMO.

In a way, this is like the Mitch Parsons situation. CU had him locked down and he was recruiting for us. He was the ideal commit for a struggling program. When HCMM came in, he didn't like Parsons for whatever reason. He would have honored the scholarship, I'm sure, but he paid no attention to Parsons and didn't make an attempt to connect with him. IMO that was a big mistake because Parsons looks like a dude that could have really helped us, even as a true Freshman.

Fields is stuck in the same boat. Sark doesn't really want him and as a results Fields will jump ship, but that doesn't mean he's not good enough for USC, it only means that Sark has a negative perception of him, a perception that's probably wrong.

What I mean though is perception can be wrong. Even a good football mind like Sark can be totally wrong and whiff on a kid. He might not like Fields' tape or something and be making a big mistake by not showing interest. The fact that he's not getting locked down by USC doesn't mean he's not good enough to play there, it means that Sark's perception is that he's not good enough to play there and there's a big difference IMO.

In a way, this is like the Mitch Parsons situation. CU had him locked down and he was recruiting for us. He was the ideal commit for a struggling program. When HCMM came in, he didn't like Parsons for whatever reason. He would have honored the scholarship, I'm sure, but he paid no attention to Parsons and didn't make an attempt to connect with him. IMO that was a big mistake because Parsons looks like a dude that could have really helped us, even as a true Freshman.

Fields is stuck in the same boat. Sark doesn't really want him and as a results Fields will jump ship, but that doesn't mean he's not good enough for USC, it only means that Sark has a negative perception of him, a perception that's probably wrong.

Did Parsons do anything this year?

Not sure Parsons is a good comparison. Embree's staff stopped recruiting him and he de-committed during this time. Their were some noticeable issues for both staffs.

Could mean these other programs have other players as higher needs. Who knows, its recruiting. One thing is evident, Fields can play.

He he committed to BSU early in the process. Like all Broncos recruits they are not allowed to take any trips or entertain any offers thus ending his recruitment. When he decided to open his recruitment up and USC offered. At that time most schools backed off.

I just watched his vids. I would literally cream myself if we got him. He would start at WR half-way through 2014

Guys over on Rivals (including Adam) suggesting Fields is leaning CU, and Johnsons commitment to USC helps (although people here seem convinced Sark withdrew or majorly backed off the commit anyway).

Slider, make sure you are nowhere embarrassing when you bust a nut in your pants with his commitment in the next few weeks :)

It's not just people here who think Sark has backed off. Not even close actually.

It's not just people here who think Sark has backed off. Not even close actually.
True. Fields even mentioned in a Rivals article a few weeks ago that he had not even heard from the new staff yet-at least that is what I remember reading. Anyway, would love to get him and have him carry that chip on his shoulder for 4 years including every year when we play USC!

I've got to say, if we land Fields and hold on to Dotson then this class will have done much better with the speed/skill guys than I had expected. Fields, Dotson, Walker and Lee are guys you can win with in the Pac-12.

I've got to say, if we land Fields and hold on to Dotson then this class will have done much better with the speed/skill guys than I had expected. Fields, Dotson, Walker and Lee are guys you can win with in the Pac-12.
I agree. I know you are referring to Pac 12 speed for the skill guys but while we are talking skill guys, I believe Dylan is going to be a beast as a pass-catching TE for us in the coming years too.

Yep. All four have the speed and athleticism you look for. Small steps can go a long way

Really hope we can land fields. He definitely looks like a pac12 game changer. He is the perfect replacement to Prich. Fields and Walker will be fun to watch

How is that overboard. I am not saying he is the next Prich. But as HS players they have a lot of similarities. Rivals rated them very similar; both top 50 in California. Look at Fields highlight film from mid-season. He is very allusive. Big upside. If he chooses black and gold he will be a legit weapon for us. Fields, Walker, Bobo, Ross, unston, Dotson and Adkins will be explosive.

Picked up a TCU offer. It also sounds like he was very impressive in the Semper Fidelis all-star game

How is that overboard. I am not saying he is the next Prich. But as HS players they have a lot of similarities. Rivals rated them very similar; both top 50 in California. Look at Fields highlight film from mid-season. He is very allusive. Big upside. If he chooses black and gold he will be a legit weapon for us. Fields, Walker, Bobo, Ross, unston, Dotson and Adkins will be explosive.

He did indirectly call attention to himself a lot in the video. I see what you mean.

Back