What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre (Signed to COLORADO)

I know HCMM has said that Jay has earned a scholarship... but I wish he would reconsider recruiting Jay as a PWO and pay his tuition himself. It'd be a nice way to sneak a scholarship level talent onto the roster. I mean, Mac makes 2 million a year, surely he could afford to pick up the tab for Jay right?
I'm not sure if that's allowed. Not sure why I think that. May have heard it somewhere.

I have enough faith in HCMM to think he wouldn't offer Jay unless he thought he was capable of helping a Pac12 team and he wouldn't start him unless he was the best option. I seriously doubt that he'd start his son as a true freshman.
Doesn't matter it's too soon, not fair to him or the kid. Remember Cody was seen as legitimate at one point as well. Anyone who says otherwise has some serious revisionist history.

We are hurt.

I believe that people are being unfair to both Jay and HCMM. They're not the HaLkins clan. I'm not sure I agree with recruiting Jay due to the seeming lack of other offers, but in a very similar situation it looks like I was dead wrong about Derek McCartney who's in line to be a significant contributor as a RS-Freshman. So I'm just going to let it play out. And if Jay ends up choosing to be a Buff, he'll have my full support.

I believe that people are being unfair to both Jay and HCMM. They're not the HaLkins clan. I'm not sure I agree with recruiting Jay due to the seeming lack of other offers, but in a very similar situation it looks like I was dead wrong about Derek McCartney who's in line to be a significant contributor as a RS-Freshman. So I'm just going to let it play out. And if Jay ends up choosing to be a Buff, he'll have my full support.
It's a little different when your not the current coaches kid. Dan Hawkins even said (the year before he was fired) if he had to do it all over again, he wouldn't have brought Cody to CU.

Re: '14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre

That's fair. The walk on v scholly debate is an interesting one though.

It's a little different when your not the current coaches kid. Dan Hawkins even said (the year before he was fired) if he had to do it all over again, he wouldn't have brought Cody to CU.
I think it's a very different situation. HCMM has said that Jay is being recruited at DB not QB. That is a HUGE difference. Also, it is not likely that Jay would start for 2 or 3 years. If HCMM brings him in, I will not be too worried.

I think it's a very different situation. HCMM has said that Jay is being recruited at DB not QB. That is a HUGE difference. Also, it is not likely that Jay would start for 2 or 3 years. If HCMM brings him in, I will not be too worried.
Yeah I get if he's not a QB... but still I'f feel better if he was being recruited other places. Just prefer not to have this situation in the first place. It's almost a no-win scenario unless the kid is good and CU is winning. He'll have to play pretty good else it will reek of nepotism, fair or unfair.

Yeah I get if he's not a QB... but still I'f feel better if he was being recruited other places. Just prefer not to have this situation in the first place. It's almost a no-win scenario unless the kid is good and CU is winning. He'll have to play pretty good else it will reek of nepotism, fair or unfair.
+1 Exactly how I feel.

Rivals profile is showing that Jay Mac picked up a Wyoming offer and has an OV scheduled there for next weekend.

Does that offense Craig Bohl brings from NDSU require an athletic QB? I haven't watched them play.
The couple times I saw them this year including the national championship game they make us of the QBs athleticism. He's done that in the past as well. It isn't an offense that puts a lot of the load on the QB but does require him to be able to make some plays at times.

My impression was that Bohl is pretty good at adjusting to the talent he has and using his resources. Just based of seeing his teams a couple times this year and once or twice a year in the past.

NDSU ran a pro-style offense and the OC and QB coach is coming to do the same at Wyoming. Their QB was not a runner, fwiw.

Back