What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre (Signed to COLORADO)

NDSU ran a pro-style offense and the OC and QB coach is coming to do the same at Wyoming. Their QB was not a runner, fwiw.

Jensen had 479 yards rushing this season which when you add back in sack yardage would put him easily over 500. They don't feature the QB run as a mainstay of the offense but they use it enough to force the opponent to consider it in game planning. Also even though they used a pro set they ran a lot of roll out and utiliized the mobility of the QB.

Followed NDSU quite a bit the last few years. I don't think Jay is what they are looking for at QB. I think they like the guys who are above 6'2" with some athletic ability (mobility). Looking at his body type he looks like either a slot WR, which NDSU loves to utilize running reverses and end arounds, or a safety.

Just hope Jay doesn't end up at Indiana State. As someone who formerly lived in Terre Haute, no one deserves that.

Last edited:
Kids play, on scholarship, for their dads all over the place. It is only a problem here because of the Dan/Cody debacle. Advantage here is that HCMM has been through this situation already and Jay isn't playing QB.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Good athlete. As I've always said, if you are a really good guard in basketball you can play DB in football. Love the ball skills, field awareness and agility. Surprising speed in the film (great for CO 4A, so probably average for Pac-12 like Parker Orms).

Jay Mac projects as a Nickel & Safety and, especially, as a regular on special teams.

Edit: Hoops stats for 15-3 Monarch so far this year...

12.7 ppg, 3.4 apg

Nice, IMO a great addition. Congrats to the MacIntyre family...I know if I had a son who was three-star prospect I would be thrilled to be able to guide him through his college years and together they can be a great part of the Buff resurgence!

Nice! Watching his highlights he's actually pretty fast. He'll find a place to start on this team at some point

Jay has a great initial burst and very decent speed. His best attributes may be his field vision and amazingly loose hips when running.

[video=youtube;AsNMmXg0SzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNMmXg0SzU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

He is pretty fast and seems to have good vision. Solid pick up, may not be a Defensive starter, but will be solid depth.

Wow, great vid. I can definitely see him making some plays from the DB position or on ST with that kind of speed and lateral movement. That last tackle really showed off his wheels.

Having watched his film, now I have to laugh. If he wasn't our coaches son, people would be thrilled with this commitment. You can't teach the stuff he has. Well above average speed. Good open field moves. Hell, I say put him in the slot and watch him flourish.

Having watched his film, mow I have to laugh. If he wasn't our coaches son, people would be thrilled with this commitment. You can't teach the stuff he has. Well above average speed. Good open field moves. He'll, I say put him in the slot and watch him flourish.
He's going to be held to a higher standard because of that, it comes with the territory. Also, Cody is still fresh on our minds -- even if he's not playing QB.

Back