What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

He counts as the #1 recruit in this class that I want. He's at least come to a practice. He's local and he looks like he can play immediately. HUGE NEED.

State of the program, etc....this kid its the best prospect, potential program changer in the past 10 years from Colo....

He'd probably be a top 5 athlete on the team day 1

Oregon's 247 site had a feature on Ballage today. Not particularly encouraging for us. Yet another Colorado kid who's favorite school growing up is Oregon.a

"Oregon has always been one of my favorite schools," Ballage said. "I would love to have that offer and learn more about the school and the coaches. That's just always been my favorite school."

They haven't offered yet, and apparently prefer him at linebacker, but I'm not real confident of our chances once they offer. Helfrich heading up Oregon is probably not real good for us with the top local talent until we can get some damn wins to show these kids going to CU is not just an exercise in futility. Oregon is basically us back in the 90's now.

Sounds like we need family pressure to come through and so far it sounds like we have a decent chance at him.

Ballage admitted that he is hearing from his family a lot of good things about Colorado’s new coaching staff.

“Josh loves the new coaching staff,” Ballage told BuffPlayBook.com Monday night. “He loves the change. Uncle Howard is always talking about how I should go to Colorado.”

“Coach Mac told me that I was the first person he offered once he got hired as the head coach at Colorado,” Ballage said. “He and his staff are telling me that I’m a top priority for this recruiting class. It’s pretty cool to see all of my hard work is coming together, it’s really a great feeling.”

Scout

Nice. Ballage is an elite recruit. Would not surprise me if he is a consensus top 100 player come February.

He is, by far, the best running back in this state.

Just based on athletic ability he may be the best player in the state at a number of positions.

He is something that we haven't had much of the last few years, an elite athlete who is a quality football player.

I'd love to have Ballage on our team in any capacity. We need a huge size/speed injection into this program. Ideally, he could come in and create havoc in the backfield as an edge rusher.

Hell, just get him in and worry about position later. Dude has some game, our biggest recruit to me.

Thanks for the insight, Bellside. A commitment from Ballage could make a huge difference in the type of class he would come in with.

Getting players like this is the key to us returning to where we want the program to be.

Bellage could be the PRich of his class-the impact skill position player that has the potential to elevate the play on his side of the ball. If he is going to commit to CU it would be awesome if he would do it sooner rather than later b/c as Bethesda implies it could help HCMM & Co. secure other higher profile recruits.

Ran a 11.03 in the finals of the 4A 100m at state (8th place). Christian McCaffrey ran a 10.92 and finished sixth.

Got bumped to a 5.9rr - 4* and the #136 player nationally by Rivals.

[tweet]336877455593840642[/tweet]

Back