What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

Do not understand interest in Boise. KB could probably go to just about any BCS school, why would you waste 4 years in Boise?

I give Boise some credit. It's a really nice place to live. It's not that different than Colorado. It's got similar weather, there's some rural places but you're not too far from the city... Not only that but they're well coached and have a good football program. In a couple years I hope we're able to wrestle recruits away from them, but honestly, I can see the appeal of Boise State... and, they've got a little Colorado connection (both being called the Broncos and being the alma mater of one of Denver's best players.)

A surprise season would allow us to close recruiting strong and also kick 2015 recruiting into high gear.

Stranger things have happened. In fact, teams significantly outperform preseason expectations all the time. It just hasn't happened here in a while due to organizational issues. Organizational items are where the current staff seem to be thriving, so I wouldn't write this team year's team off in the least.

I hear what you're saying. I'll agree that the potential is there. I can imagine the offense with the new system being more effective, but I can't imagine the defense improving much. I hope I'm wrong. CU is due. I need Saturday's to be relevant in my life again.

I give Boise some credit. It's a really nice place to live. It's not that different than Colorado. It's got similar weather, there's some rural places but you're not too far from the city... Not only that but they're well coached and have a good football program. In a couple years I hope we're able to wrestle recruits away from them, but honestly, I can see the appeal of Boise State... and, they've got a little Colorado connection (both being called the Broncos and being the alma mater of one of Denver's best players.)

What city? Boise is half the size of Colorado Springs.

I would have to strongly disagree in regards to Boise. Boise is pretty small and really doesn't compare to Boulder (especially considering Denver is 30 minutes away).

Good football program no doubt, but we've out recruited them for players many times through these tough years because of our superior school, location and conference.

I have been to Boise, there is a reason it is kept in Idaho. Comparing it to Boulder is like comparing grilled cheese sandwiches to filet mignon....

I wonder how much the position he was offered for played in to his final 4.

Honestly think that the best recruiters for getting Kalen to CU are not the ones on our staff, but rather the ones in his household. If his mom and other relatives decide that they really want him to stay closer to home as opposed to going off to Big 10 or SEC country, we might have a shot. They'll also be able to continue working on him thru signing day, even in the quiet periods of recruiting. Now of course, if Kalen's family prefers him to go to the best or most established program he can get an offer from, then we're just out of luck.

Kalen hasn't put CU in his top five Because he wants to see a bigger commitment form CU As far as Trying to turn the program around with an emphasis on developing their players cultivating more of a winning attitude he's already visited CU a bunch of times and will visit some more before the years overand they will have a shot up until the last day of Signing day and even though he might say differently his family is playing a big part on where he'll go. They want him to go where he feels best but mama wants him close to home. The only school that could really come in and make a big effect on his recruiting to where he would want to shut everything down as far as now is Oregon If they come in and promised him the world which most schools do to a kid that's the only school where he might give a verbal immediately

Thanks for the info. I am sure we will see a much different team, even if the record is not much better than 3 or 4 wins this year. Next year I think we will be back in a bowl game, and by the time Kaylen is a junior or senior I would expect CU to be back in the fight for higher ranked bowls and maybe even some TOp 25 action. If HCMM can get SJSU into the top 25, I cannot imagine that he cannot do that here with a few years and recruiting classes behind him.

Michigan has done a great job of coming into CO. and taking our top recruits the last few years. I have a feeling Ballage ends up at Michigan.

I hate Michigan so much, but if we lose Ballage to them, it's our own fault. The program has been horribly mismanaged for years. We should be able to get top flight recruits from in state. Boulder is a really cool place to go to school, but I can't blame a kid for not wanting to play for a team they think is a doormat. Sure, maybe there'll be some kind of kid who's got state pride and who grew up loving CU and will come here despite offers from better schools, but I don't know if Ballage is that guy.

Per yesterday's Rivals story, plans to take five officials after football season (Mich/Mich St./Boise/Nebraska ... and secret fifth -- CU?!). Sounds like he's a big Boise fan.

Oh? What did he have to say about Boise if you don't mind summarizing? (I want to be respectful of their paywall obviously but a cliff notes version doesn't hurt my conscious too much.)

Per yesterday's Rivals story, plans to take five officials after football season (Mich/Mich St./Boise/Nebraska ... and secret fifth -- CU?!). Sounds like he's a big Boise fan.
Of those places listed I would hope he would go to Boise.

I think Boise was the first to offer.

That's correct. He credits a lot of the attention he got since then to that first offer. From a Scout article a few months back:

Kalen Ballage: “Well definitely Boise State was the first school to really actually notice me. If not for Boise State I wouldn’t have the publicity I have now because even with my talent, someone has to notice you. When that one person notices you, it’s kind of just like everything blows up. I think Boise State help me do that; and their coaching staff is great. I got to know their coaching staff before any other coaching staff, so just their timing was really great.”

... gets a call in the morning "so, did you catch the Boise game last night?"

Re: '14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage

It would do my heart good to see a good lammie ass stomping tonight. But a lot could be forgiven about the last 7 years if the team can turn around that quickly. I don't see that probably happening, but a man can dream.

Boise State has had their top recruiting classes of all time the last few years, but they are clearly slipping.

However, I hope Ballage remains interested and uses one of those 5 Official Visits to go visit them. By January, he won't be considering them at all. You don't go to Boise to play in any offense that isn't in the top 5 nationally. You just don't do that.

I'll predict that Ballage's final list of favorites looks a lot different in 3 months than it does right now.

Boise State might be declining. They lost to Washington by 30 points. Hope he chooses the bigger stage of the Pac 12 over the Mountain West.

Back