What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO K/P John Scott (Verbal to Alabama)

Of course we're gonna lose the in-state kids---at first. They've been steeped in anti-CU, woe-is-us-the-sky-is-falling-no-talent-no-hope-WAC-coaching crap(a lot of which is endemic to defeatist/critics/smartass cynics on sites like this one) since they been paying attention to college football!

So what would you expect?

Disappointing. I'm a big believer in the idea that special teams have a huge impact on games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Of course we're gonna lose the in-state kids---at first. They've been steeped in anti-CU, woe-is-us-the-sky-is-falling-no-talent-no-hope-WAC-coaching crap(a lot of which is endemic to defeatist/critics/smartass cynics on sites like this one) since they been paying attention to college football!

:lol:

And here I thought CU had actually been pretty bad the last several years. Instead, I just perceived all of that. My mistake.

Dave Plati has actually used four different log on names at Allbuffs, and he can't understand while each has gone red on rep. FACT!

Dave Plati's assistant who knows enough about the interwebs to be able to login and post for him has actually used four different log on names at Allbuffs, and he can't understand while each has gone red on rep. FACT!

fify

Are you saying that Plati and BB are related?

And the other side of that coin is that in-state attitudes will be the quickest to shift once there are positive results on the scoreboard. Hawkins killed it in-state on the heels of making a bowl game.

And here I thought CU had actually been pretty bad the last several years. Instead, I just perceived all of that. My mistake.

Point being: you correct a huge mistake(Embree), you're entitled to some benefit of the doubt. Posters here keep whining and lamenting about the "pretty bad" teams, a great deal of which badness can be laid at the feet of the departed staffs--especially Water Bottle's. Fine. Accept that. But its over.

Why the need to continue bitch and moan at the new regime and remaining players, then turn around and complain that impressionable HS kids won't commit/sign; as if there is absolutely no connection between A and B?

Because we completely disagree on the talent level in the program. It always amazes me when some posters in this forum treat every recruit as a future all-conference player, but then they are the first ones to throw those same players under the bus 2-3 years later.There's no point in having this forum is all we can talk about is puppy dogs and ice cream.

Because we completely disagree on the talent level in the program. It always amazes me when some posters in this forum treat every recruit as a future all-conference player, but then they are the first ones to throw those same players under the bus 2-3 years later.There's no point in having this forum is all we can talk about is puppy dogs and ice cream.

So long as you brought up the subject...I'm partial to Boston Terriers and Moose Tracks.

****. That one's gonna be hard to flip. Hope Ryan Charles is getting regular contact. Any punter-specific need for this class if we can't get our clear #1 target there?

He's got some leg and some upside. He's had a nagging injury last year and it is preventing him from showing his stuff at camps this summer from what I hear (at least early summer). He hasn't been training to be an elite kicker that long, so he's definitely a guy to watch.

I can't even be mad at this guy. All these kids want to go to the pros. Colorado is on the down (sorry to state the obvious) and why not go to a school that sent 10 players '13, 8 players '12, 5 players in '11 and 7 in '10. Not to mention all of the free agents that were signed. I am not saying that a Kicker has as much chance as a RB coming out of Alabama, but why not go to a school that gives you a legitimate shot at making it to the league. I know that we send kids too, but not at this moment.

I can't even be mad at this guy. All these kids want to go to the pros. Colorado is on the down (sorry to state the obvious) and why not go to a school that sent 10 players '13, 8 players '12, 5 players in '11 and 7 in '10. Not to mention all of the free agents that were signed. I am not saying that a Kicker has as much chance as a RB coming out of Alabama, but why not go to a school that gives you a legitimate shot at making it to the league. I know that we send kids too, but not at this moment.

Of all of the reasons to choose Alabama over Colorado this is possibly the worst one I have seen...

Everything you have just said is pretty irrelevant for a kicker.

Colorado should be a kickers paradise. We have an below average offense and we are a mile up. All that equal is long FGs to show off the leg.

Kickers who want to go pro can come from almost any school. In some cases a weaker school may be an advantage because you are getting more FG attempts instead of XPs. Also how often at Bama does a kicker get a chance to put a game winning FG attempt on tape when they are usually up by 35 points.

The big advantage of going to a school like Bama' over a CU is that the Bama' coaches can legitimately tell you that you are going to have fun winning a lot of games and be likely to play in some major bowls and championship games.

I thought Scott would Punt in college, not Kick. I'm kind of surprised if Bama is looking at him as a Kicker.

I thought Scott would Punt in college, not Kick. I'm kind of surprised if Bama is looking at him as a Kicker.

Same applies to a punter. How often does Bama put their punter into "resume building" situations. Not a lot of kick out of your endzone, need a big punt to give the defense a chance. In fact some games Bama just doesn't punt that much period.

It's got to be pretty cool as a 17-18 year old to walk around your high school in Colorado and be able to tell kids you got a scholarship to play football for Nick Saban at Alabama. That plus a s**tload if winning will probably make a kid want to go there.

A good coach with a good team will put players with potential in situations to showcase their talent for the next level. John won't suffer any ill-consequences for his decision to attend Alabama. Every high school player dreams of the opportunity to be part of a national championship team and John got his.

That's all kinds of ****ed up. I've lived in the south. I hate the weather down there.

The farthest south I've ever been was Virginia, and while it was beautiful, it was sweaty balls all freaking day. I appreciated Cali weather a little more when I returned home. I assume Bama is like that, just worse. And with more Duck Dynasty.

The two complaints I've heard from people who don't like the weather in Colorado have either been from folks who simply hate it when the temp dips below 50 and from folks who have sinus problems in low humidity. As said, different strokes. I don't like heat and can't stand humidity.

Back