What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OT Sam Jones (Verbal to ASU)

the rot has spread too far. Last season was just too bad. We need wins. And yes, we need recruiting too - but last season was extremely damaging.

I didn't think we'd get him to begin with, but being surpassed by ASU and freaking CSU really sucks. I'm still going to bet he'll end up at Oregon, but it's quickly looking like another tough year for in-state recruiting.

Something is going on here. ASU is out efforting our staff for this guy, and CSU ahead of us? weird weird weird.

the rot has spread too far. Last season was just too bad. We need wins. And yes, we need recruiting too - but last season was extremely damaging.

Plenty of other unsuccessful schools seem to nonetheless do an adequate job with in-state recruiting. Indiana for example whose been to one bowl game in the last 20 years landed three in-state blue-chip commits last year. Poor performance is obviously not ideal for recruiting but it's not the insurmountable barrier that some of the apologists on here have portrayed it to be either. In-state recruiting needs to improve, no excuses.

'14 CO OT Sam Jones

Plenty of other unsuccessful schools seem to nonetheless do an adequate job with in-state recruiting. Indiana for example whose been to one bowl game in the last 20 years landed three in-state blue-chip commits last year. Poor performance is obviously not ideal for recruiting but it's not the insurmountable barrier that some of the apologists on here have portrayed it to be either. In-state recruiting needs to improve, no excuses.

Probably because they went from 1-11 to 4-8

You also seem to be forgetting the whole Embree was an absolute disaster on so many levels thing

Really hurts this year, Colorado has a pretty good class this year if they could get 4 or 5 of the top players in state this year it would be a start to a good recruiting class. Hope things change.

I'm starting to come to the belief that we will need to build the team with out of state guys who haven't been as directly exposed to our glaring sucktitude over the last couple years.

It doesn't help that Oregon is now headed up by a guy who has direct experience working in our program.

simple proficiency (not winning tons of games) is all we need to show to get the stain off. It wasn't just that we lost, it was how we lost.

simple proficiency (not winning tons of games) is all we need to show to get the stain off. It wasn't just that we lost, it was how we lost.

And practiced and warmed up and how the coachs acted (stubbornly insisted on pro-style everything, played favorites) and reacted (screamed, sulked, pouted) and adjusted (they didn't)....as you said, the rot spread very far.

on the field, is what I meant. I agree, on the field improvement will do nothing without a foundation built with prospective recruits.

Yeah.

The coaches need to work this all the way til February too. That is more important than anything.

Yeah.

The coaches need to work this all the way til February too. That is more important than anything.
yup. guys that say no cause they think there is no chance they will see any wins while they play here will (hopefully) be able to change their minds if we show improvement.

Yeah...based on today's Rivals update, what's the over/under on how long before he is a Duck? We're not even getting mentioned outside of the "other offers" category.

Reading that I got the impression he really prefers ASU, but all the shiny crap at Oregon is going to cause him to commit there eventually.

Looks like he picked up a Cal offer and I think UCLA was out to check him out as well.

Jones is one of the best offensive tackles out west. We need to be checking on him all the way to signing day.

Landed Cal and NMSU offers. It also sounds like there's some uncertainty his Oregon offer is committable

Boy, he looks really strong. Even on the few plays in his tape where he makes a mistake technically and loses some leverage he manages to overpower his man anyway. You gotta think that with some proper coaching on his technique that he'll be unstoppable.

Very doubtful he chooses us, but maybe we are actually making up ground here.

Rated 4* by ESPN which surprisingly is the highest of all sites knowing they typically undervalue anyone west of Texas

Should be number 1 on our wish list with Ballage a 1B.

I'd love to have him here but don't think that's likely. I'd reverse your order though, Ballage could turn into a gamebreaker at a number of positions. Ideal would be to have them both.

This kid had better get on board. I hope Oregon hits some bumps on the field this year that no one sees coming.

Good story by Neil Devlin today in the Post.
"Jones has 10 scholarships offers and has pared that list "unofficially" to Oregon, Kansas State, Arizona, Colorado and Colorado State, while also maintaining interest in California and Washington State."

http://bit.ly/15hUleP

Back