What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

3. Too small to and not big enough and not aware enough to play the point. CU has zero production from that spot. Dinwiddie plays point and Booker plays the 2, the other guard (Chen,Stalzner,Adams,Talton) whoever is in, contributes NO offensive production. This is an important recruiting class for Tad. Without another shooting guard in this class, this team cannot win the PAC12 again.Hopes he make a good choice.

It's pretty early for Eli and Talton though. Will be Juniors by the time our 2014 class comes in, and might be very different players from what they are now. Askia and Dinwiddie will be seniors. And CU has Chris Jenkins, Jaron Hopkins and Tre'Shaun Fletcher coming in next year. Maybe Jaron can play the point a bit. Fletcher ran it in high school too, although he is not expected to probably play point at the college level

I do agree that it's a big decision for Tad to make, as well both Collier and/or Perkins. I think either way, CU can build a pretty good class with Collier or Perkins though.

This is what I have seen from Collier for the past 4 years. Scouted him, watched him, scouted him some more. He cannot play at the level CU needs him to play at because:
1. Has not grown in 2 years and body type will not allow him to be a scorer at high DI level 2. Release point on shot is low and and does not elevate enough or quick enough to overcome #1.
3. Too small to and not big enough and not aware enough to play the point. CU has zero production from that spot. Dinwiddie plays point and Booker plays the 2, the other guard (Chen,Stalzner,Adams,Talton) whoever is in, contributes NO offensive production. This is an important recruiting class for Tad. Without another shooting guard in this class, this team cannot win the PAC12 again.Hopes he make a good choice.

Yeah, I've seen Dom play too. He's already better than Stalzner and Talton right now imo. I don't think Tad needs him to be a scorer, just a floor general that can hit open shots. Plus, he's been digging in on defense lately. Looks like he's serious about improving in that area. All that said, I'd rather have Perkins. :huh:

pimpin aint easy who is an AAU coach posted on buffstapede that Collier is a CU lean at this point and it appears that Perkins will either go to Kansas or Duke

pimpin aint easy who is an AAU coach posted on buffstapede that Collier is a CU lean at this point and it appears that Perkins will either go to Kansas or Duke

For what it's worth, Perkins is not a high target for Duke. They are really going hard after some other prospects.

I really want Collier at CU - moreso than Perkins.

For those with a sub, Rivals has an interview with Collier.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/894/1348068.mp3

The most notable piece for me was when he was asked about the timing of his decision and said it would likely be by the end of his junior year. So, roughly, the same timing as Scott and Gordon last year, I would think.

For what it's worth, Perkins is not a high target for Duke. They are really going hard after some other prospects.

I really want Collier at CU - moreso than Perkins.

I thought they weren't going to offer any other PG recruits until they found out if they could get Tyus Jones to commit. Anyways, the Duke news would be good if it wasn't for KU. As it is, CU has to beat out at least one blue blood, if not two. Not easy.. even for an up and coming program. I'd be happy with either Collier or Perkins. I think Boyle could build a very good class around either player

I thought they weren't going to offer any other PG recruits until they found out if they could get Tyus Jones to commit. Anyways, the Duke news would be good if it wasn't for KU. As it is, CU has to beat out at least one blue blood, if not two. Not easy.. even for an up and coming program. I'd be happy with either Collier or Perkins. I think Boyle could build a very good class around either player

Not to keep threadjacking here, but you're exactly right. Jones and Okafor are Duke's top targets it seems right now, with some other wings in play. Jones seems to like Duke a lot, but he's the man in 2014. He could definitely go anywhere, and if he does, sure, Duke could go after Perkins. I just don't think the statement right now though that Perkins is KU or Duke can be accurate. I don't know the kid, but he has to know that he's Duke's 2nd option at point for 2014. You all most likely don't care about Duke recruiting though, so I'll stop there.

I still really want Collier instead of Perkins. In a crazy recruiting world though, I wonder what happens if somehow McLaughlin and Jackson-Cartwright also like CU a lot...who do you take? I actually still take Collier, because he's from in-state.

One thing that you may enjoy doing is go to scout.com, go to 2014 prospects, and just see who has Colorado listed. Of course, this doesn't mean we have a chance with them, but it does mean that either they're on our or we're on their radar. Next recruiting season will be fun for CU.

A couple of Rivals posters mentioned that Dom was at Sunday's game at Cal. He's setting up permanent residence at the Keg. Come on Dom, make it official!!!

A couple of Rivals posters mentioned that Dom was at Sunday's game at Cal. He's setting up permanent residence at the Keg. Come on Dom, make it official!!!
No kidding. For a guy who hasn't committed, he is sure spending a lot of time in Boulder. Not that I have any problem with that. It would really suck to see him go somewhere else after all the time he spent getting to know the program.

No kidding. For a guy who hasn't committed, he is sure spending a lot of time in Boulder. Not that I have any problem with that. It would really suck to see him go somewhere else after all the time he spent getting to know the program.

he is probably going to be way ahead of the other recruits (beside Perkins) in terms of offense and defense just because he has seen CU play so much ball.

very good recruit. seems like a billups/dinwiddie true point guard type that has great offensive potential, but doesn't necessarily need to score to have an impact on the game. probably my #1 want for this class because dinwiddie will probably go pro after next year and having a point guard that can play like he does is an invaluable thing to have on the team. it'd be great to get him and have someone who can step in immediately as a freshman and fill that void. i think collier is the best candidate for this job. Perkins would be a great get as well, but i feel like he is more of a booker type guard, and don't get me wrong i love askia, that has to be selfish and take a lot of shots to get his points, not necessarily shooting a high percentage. perkins will probably get big minutes as freshman, but i think collier is more of the guard we need in the 2014 class.

A couple of small ratings updates for Dom: ESPN moved him down from the #13 to #15 SG, while Rivals bumped him up from the #65 to #61 overall prospect for 2014.

Anybody watching the state game?

On Root right now. Colier looks the part but his team is very undisciplined. They have better talent than Eaglecrest but don't play to their talent.

Colier just got a nice steal and then got the layup blocked.

On Root right now. Colier looks the part but his team is very undisciplined. They have better talent than Eaglecrest but don't play to their talent.

Colier just got a nice steal and then got the layup blocked.
Yep I've been watching the whole thing. Dom looks very good but East is also super young and have never played a team just as athletic as them. Treshawn Wilford is so much fun to watch play.

Yep I've been watching the whole thing. Dom looks very good but East is also super young and have never played a team just as athletic as them. Treshawn Wilford is so much fun to watch play.

Been googling Treshawn Wilford, the kid is everywhere. No profile anywhere that I could find. A SR. somebody has to realize this kid can play right?

Been googling Treshawn Wilford, the kid is everywhere. No profile anywhere that I could find. A SR. somebody has to realize this kid can play right?
Me too. The guy has done very well on Dom and he's a lefty. Tad loves that!!! But he has to play somewhere. He is talented.

I watched the replay yesterday on ROOT before the Selection show. Rudy Carey is the master of getting the least out of his talent.

Back