What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

If Tad wants Dominique that's good enough for me. If Tad decides on a different player then I will trust that judgement and wish Dominique good luck at the school he ends up going to, and he's going to have plenty of choices to pick from.

What I have noticed is that Tad has a pretty good eye for not only seeing how good a guy is but more importantly for seeing how good a guy can become.

It is however an indication of how far we have come that we would even discuss the possibility that Tad might have someone he prefers over a kid with this kind of credentials.

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier

Do we have any idea when Collier and/or Perkins are expected to announce?

Not a clue. But on that not when is the early signing period for class of '14 and when is the spring signing period? And it seems like Tad tends to fill up his spots in the early period... is that when most kids sign, or has it just happened that way for us?

Not a clue. But on that not when is the early signing period for class of '14 and when is the spring signing period? And it seems like Tad tends to fill up his spots in the early period... is that when most kids sign, or has it just happened that way for us?

Early period is in November of their senior year (small window of time). Regular period begins in April of their senior year (extended window of time).

Most of the talent signs in November. I'm starting to notice a trend, though, of a number of the elite prospects delaying until April so they have the opportunity to jump on opportunities at the blueblood programs who may have lost unanticipated players early to the NBA. So spring seems to be the cream of the crop along with the late bloomers. It's generally better to sign in November unless you're a KU/UK/UNC type program or you'll likely be in a position of making some reaches.

I can't remember the source but I thought Collier said at one time he would like to do it before his senior year started. Don't quote me....going strictly on memory here.

Collier putting on a show right now (both scoring and passing) in the aptly named Show.

There was a picture of Dom and Carlton Hurst in the Post this morning, with another guy between them. Carlton is listed at 6'2" and Dom at 6'1", but Dom is a good two inches taller.

There was a picture of Dom and Carlton Hurst in the Post this morning, with another guy between them. Carlton is listed at 6'2" and Dom at 6'1", but Dom is a good two inches taller.
I'm pretty sure the other guy is TreShawn Wilford, who's also listed at 6'2". Dom's clearly the tallest of the group.

I'm getting seriously excited at the possibility of Dom playing for CU for a few years.

I finally watched my taping of "The Show" last night. I'd love to see Collier in a CU uniforn for 2014. Impressive player.

Dom's AAU team won their first two games of the Jayhawk Invitational. Going to try to check out his game today at 3:00. On the same team as KU commit Conner Frankamp

If Boyle wants to implement a Louisville like defense... I could see how Collier would be instrumental in that regard. Just a very tenacious defender... also, had a few passes that make me think he might be a bit underrated as a passer. Offensively, and this might be because of it being an AAU tourney... but he has a lot of work to do in that regard. Definitely will need to get stronger to be able to finish the "and 1's" he's going to get when he attacks the basket.

Looks like CU, K-State and Iowa are the front runners to land him.

Stumbled across this article on the Scout board...

Colorado, Kansas State, and Creighton are the schools I talk to the most right now,” said Collier.

The in-state Buffalos have been after Collier since the very beginning of his high school career, and he says he has a tremendous relationship with the staff in Boulder.

“I like the style of play and the coaching staff,” said Collier. “I like Tad Boyle and Rodney (Billups). I have been close with Rodney for forever and I have gotten close to Tad since freshman year.”

Scout

Bring it home.

Dom is the guy we need to build this class (and the future of the program) around.

I'm starting to get a little impatient here. I get Dom's desire to take visits, and I'm confident he'll be a Buff in the end, but every tournament that passes this summer with him as an uncommitted prospect is a missed opportunity to sell other recruits on playing with him at CU and build momentum on the recruiting front.

I'm starting to get a little impatient here. I get Dom's desire to take visits, and I'm confident he'll be a Buff in the end, but every tournament that passes this summer with him as an uncommitted prospect is a missed opportunity to sell other recruits on playing with him at CU and build momentum on the recruiting front.

Dom should just enjoy the whole process. He hasn't went on any official visits, at least that I know of. No reason for him to rush into any decision, so early.

Dom should just enjoy the whole process. He hasn't went on any official visits, at least that I know of. No reason for him to rush into any decision, so early.

I don't think he's taken any visits either, but was planning on going to Manhattan soon I think. I agree that he doesn't need to rush things, but he's seemed like a strong lean for awhile now and the sooner he commits, the more opportunity he gets to do a little recruiting and improve the talent he'll be playing with.

Eric Bossi @ebosshoops
Colorado is on the board with a four-star point guard in 2014. Details coming

William Whelan @William_Whelan
Collier was the Colorado Gatorade Player of the Year as well as Mr. Basketball.

Evan Daniels @EvanDanielsFOX
Dominique Collier just pledged to Colorado, per LJ Goolsby.

Josh Gershon @JoshGershon
Really nice pickup for Colorado in Dominique Collier. 2014 combo guard that has improved as shooter. Important local commitment for Buffs.

Evan Daniels @EvanDanielsFOX
Dominique Collier is headed to Colorado. Playing close to home played into it ...

Rodney Billups @rodneybillups
Congrats to my bro, I'm happy for you kid. Very excited!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Very glad he committed early (and that he committed in the first place, just happy to sign him obviously). Should definitely help recruiting.

Back