What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Jeremiah Paige (Verbal to CSU)

Probably, since I think Pickens would be the priority, but I don't think Paige is far down that list.

Could Paige be the left handed Jaron Hopkins? The kid looks pretty smooth and very athletic. CU has to be at the top of the list...

Could Paige be the left handed Jaron Hopkins? The kid looks pretty smooth and very athletic. CU has to be at the top of the list...

As good as this week is for us, I'm not so sure Paige is enjoying it. With Collier in the fold, and another potential 2013 commit coming, 2 of the 3 potential 2014 scholarships could be gone. jg and I were talking about this the other day, but Paige should've jumped early if he wanted to be a Buff, I think. He and his family seem to really like CU and he had a commitable offer from all reports, but I wonder if that will be the case now with only 1 spot left. I have a hard time seeing the staff doing anything other than making Andre Adams priority #1 at this point.

As good as this week is for us, I'm not so sure Paige is enjoying it. With Collier in the fold, and another potential 2013 commit coming, 2 of the 3 potential 2014 scholarships could be gone. jg and I were talking about this the other day, but Paige should've jumped early if he wanted to be a Buff, I think. He and his family seem to really like CU and he had a commitable offer from all reports, but I wonder if that will be the case now with only 1 spot left. I have a hard time seeing the staff doing anything other than making Andre Adams priority #1 at this point.

Yeah, you'd have to think that if Tad takes another wing with for the '13 class, then we are only looking at bigs the rest of the '14 cycle. We have to get a big in the '14 class.

Damn. I don't like that at all. I figured it would be CSU or Wyoming, but roland's right, that's a big pickup for them. Eustachy's doing a nice job of upgrading their athleticism without sacrificing skill level (well, except for Holt). They're going to be tournament contenders as long as he stays in town.

This doesn't bother me at all. When it comes to recruiting in both football and basketball, we will always get commitments from more quality recruits. They get Paige, we get Collier.

This doesn't bother me at all. When it comes to recruiting in both football and basketball, we will always get commitments from more quality recruits. They get Paige, we get Collier.

yes but we might have Dom for two and they might have Paige for four.

yes but we might have Dom for two and they might have Paige for four.

The odds of Dom being gone after two years is incredibly unlikely. It's incredibly difficult to get drafted, and while I really like Dom as a player, I'd be fairly surprised if he was really one of the top 25-30 players in college basketball by his Sophomore season. Colorado's basketball program has only had two players in their history get drafted before their Junior Season

Paige was probably the 3rd best player in the state, and it wouldn't shock me at all if he makes Rivals150 list at some point. Not as good of a pickup as Dom, but a very good pickup for them

The odds of Dom being gone after two years is incredibly unlikely. It's incredibly difficult to get drafted, and while I really like Dom as a player, I'd be fairly surprised if he was really one of the top 25-30 players in college basketball by his Sophomore season. Colorado's basketball program has only had two players in their history get drafted before their Junior Season

Paige was probably the 3rd best player in the state, and it wouldn't shock me at all if he makes Rivals150 list at some point. Not as good of a pickup as Dom, but a very good pickup for them

that is the old Colorado basketball program you are talking about. We are an NBA pipeline now.

I doubt Collier leaves before his Junior year, but I wouldn't mind if we did start sending kids early all the time. Looks great for our program.

we could have had a third this year, if the mayor came out he would likely have gone late first round.

Great get for Eustachy today. Both CU and CSU's back courts are going to be really fun to watch develop over the next few years.

that is the old Colorado basketball program you are talking about. We are an NBA pipeline now.

We are certainly significantly better then in the past. But still don't think we're going to be pumping out NBA players left and right. Everyone has a different view of the program, but I see us more emulating Michigan State/Louisville then I do Kentucky/Arizona/Kansas. I expect we'll have a lot of very talented college basketball players that fit Boyle's system, and maybe 1 or 2 of them being NBA 1st round picks.

Far as Dinwiddie being a 1st round pick this year, it's possible. I do think he pressed things too much at the end of last year and that would have hurt his chances of going in the 1st round. Who knows though.. all he has to impress is one person really. I don't believe he got assurances he'd be drafted by a team though, and being only a sophomore it'd be a bit a risky leaving early if he wasn't certain

Well yeah, of course we're going to recruit at a higher level. It's not like Paige suddenly shifts the balance of power in the state, but I don't want to see him in Fort Collins either. I have a feeling he's going to be a pretty solid player.

Don't underestimate Paige based on current rankings. As someone already mentioned, there's a decent chance he'll move into the Rivals 150. Even with where the program was two years ago, Dom and Perkins would have probably been longshots to be Buffs and Paige would've been our must-have instate recruit.

If Dom is good enough to get drafted after two years that means he has given us two years of NBA first rounder play, and that we have won a lot of games. I'll take that deal.

We also aren't going to see CSU come off the schedule anytime soon. One key is that we have to start beating them every year home or in the Fort. If we do that then we also are helped if they are a good team. If they are winning then it helps their RPI and us beating them helps our RPI.

Paige is a kid that 5 years ago we would have loved to have had as a Buff. Now he is a very nice prospect but looks to be a step below the quality of kids that Tad is recruiting. Which of our recruits would you give up to free up a scholly for him.

Paige is a kid that 5 years ago we would have loved to have had as a Buff. Now he is a very nice prospect but looks to be a step below the quality of kids that Tad is recruiting. Which of our recruits would you give up to free up a scholly for him.

I'm assuming you're asking me, and the answer would be none. I like the size, athleticism and versatility all 4 of the 2013 recruits bring, but from a pure talent standpoint, there probably isn't a huge drop from any of them to Paige. If you agree with the top-100 rankings for Fletcher on a couple sites, he would be the lone exception.

More than anything, I just don't think you can blow off a kid like this with the "Eh, who cares, Dom's better" response. He has a chance to have a good college career and, assuming we would've had 3 schollies to give, as we all thought, I wouldn't have blinked if he was the 3rd player in Tad's class next year. And, it raises the Rams profile with in-state kids. They'll never be a destination for kids like Dom, but they can compete for the 2nd tier. That means Tad and his staff will have to be more aggressive and make earlier evaluations on kids like Paige, who they would otherwise likely be able to slow-play as back-up options. That's probably a relatively minor concern in the long-run, but it does put a little more pressure on the staff.

MattRob

I agree with you that if Paige had ended up a Buff I would not have been dissapointed. He is a good kid and a solid prospect. As it stands I do say Dom is better and the mix and talent of the rest of the class means that while I would like Paige to be a Buff I wouldn't want to give up one of the others for him.

Key point is that this shows how far the program has come in the past few years. In some past classes we would have been hoping for Paige to come and be the highlight of the class. We are now to a point where we have to give up some good kids to get some others.

MattRob

I agree with you that if Paige had ended up a Buff I would not have been dissapointed. He is a good kid and a solid prospect. As it stands I do say Dom is better and the mix and talent of the rest of the class means that while I would like Paige to be a Buff I wouldn't want to give up one of the others for him.

Key point is that this shows how far the program has come in the past few years. In some past classes we would have been hoping for Paige to come and be the highlight of the class. We are now to a point where we have to give up some good kids to get some others.

Yeah, I completely agree with how far the program has come, when a potential top-150 kid is more of a plan B recruit. I would've rather he ended up at Wyoming or elsewhere is all. On the other hand, as you mentioned before, we'll be playing CSU consistently, so as long as Eustachy's there, it should be a game that provides a nice non-conference RPI bump.

Back