What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 GA RB Josh Boyd

lawdogg

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

Unknown.jpeg
Norcross HS (Norcross, GA)

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 180
40: 4.5

Rivals Rating: 2*-5.4rr
Scout Rating: NR
ESPN Rating: 3*-74 grade; #111 RB
247 Sports Rating: 3*-85 rating; #28 APB

Reported Offers: COLORADO (per Rivals), Syracuse, Air Force, Indiana, Toledo, UAB, UNLV

Last edited:
Tip of the cap to Slider who pointed out this offer yesterday. Right now, Rivals is the only site showing a CU offer. Decent feet as evidenced by the highlight vids.

[video=youtube;NM3jmKtiEYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM3jmKtiEYU[/video]

[video=youtube;6dWYzVLSvBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dWYzVLSvBQ[/video]

Pretty wide ranging offer sheet right now. Norcross is suppose to be one of the best teams in the country this year so if he has a good year, I would expect that list to grow.

Pretty wide ranging offer sheet right now. Norcross is suppose to be one of the best teams in the country this year so if he has a good year, I would expect that list to grow.

Yup, Norcross is a big time school and faces great competition. They've churned out guys to big time programs over the years.

I don't get why we are recruiting a guy out there originally from Il. Is he a legacy or did he contact the coaches?

I don't get why we are recruiting a guy out there originally from Il. Is he a legacy or did he contact the coaches?

Good question. The AFA offer my indicate an interest in the region and also some interest in aviation/aerospace. We have strong programs related to those fields for a kid who looks like he might be academically oriented.

To be clear, Josh Boyd played at South Gwinnett last year, where he rushed for 760 yards and 9 TDs. He transferred to Norcross for the upcoming season, where he is expected to replace a senior RB that signed with the 2013 class at Alabama. Last week, Norcross scrimmaged with another local HS power to get ready for the season. Boyd rushed for 60 yards on 9 carries in that exhibition, including a 2 yard TD run.

For those interested, it looks like Norcross will be playing a nationally televised game on ESPN tomorrow at 7 pm est. They are going up against a seemingly talented team from Florida, so might be a good opportunity to see what kind of prospect Boyd is.

Looks pretty good on ESPN. They're giving him the ball a ton.

*Edit Norcross is getting blown out.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good on ESPN. They're giving him the ball a ton.

*Edit Norcross is getting blown out.

The Norcross offense just has not looked to be in a good groove, at least not in the first half. Hadn't seen much out of Boyd to make a judgement one way or the other. Looked to have adequate speed the couple times he had a little room. Mostly though, the offense has been smothered. Thinking that Walters is our connection on this one. ESPN shows him as having interest from NCST (no offer yet) and I have to wonder of Walters became familiar with him last year with the Wolfpack. That's about the most I can reason from a connection standpoint.

Looked pretty good to me. He's not a big guy by any means. Noticed they didn't list CU in schools he's considering. C'mon ESPN. Yeesh, Norcross down 55-0. :wow:

Last edited:
Back