What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 JC DB Ahkello Witherspoon (Signed to Colorado)

WELCOME TO THE BLACK & GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

big upgrade to our depth chart. I'm looking forward to a safety that has a chance at guarding a TE

Thank goodness the days of undersized safeties are over.

They were small but made up for it by being slow.

I know that there are a lot of people who are less than impressed with this recruiting class but this guy like most of them at least appears to be a guy who is physically capable of competing with PAC12 level athletes. He isn't going to get run over or flat run past by a lot of guys.

For me, this is the biggest get so far this year. Legit size strength and speed. Much needed!!

Welcome aboard!

Certainly, we need numbers at DB since Awuzie and Thompson were the only 2 DBs we took last year and they both played right away.
Sounds like he is going to need some time to refine techniques but getting here in January helps that process get started. Wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts as we lose nobody at CB and add in Yuri and Moten. Not sure Moten can make it back after re-injuring his Achilles in July.

Henderson - SR*
Moten - SR
Crawley - JR*
Hall - JR*
Wright - SO
Awuzie - SO*
Walker - SO
Witherspoon - SO*

* indicates redshirt year available. Not redshirting as a CB is pretty unusual and 5 of 8 on our depth chart never redshirted. That's got to change at this position.

Last edited:
I read that the coaches told Witherspoon they weren't sure if he'd play CB or S but they'd check him out in camp. Personally, the dude looks like a safety to me. I'm not a film expert, but he seems like a big hitter with good tackling skills and a nose for the ball. Seems like his skillset would make him an intimidating FS option. Add that to the fact that Henderson is solid, Crawley has a ton of skills, Awuzie looks like a player at the nickel corner spot and we look pretty set at CB. I even predict big things for Yuri Wright. HCMM knows DB's and Yuri is highly skilled, has put on good weight and agreed to redshirt because he wanted to be a better football player. I'm getting excited about this defensive backfield.

As others have said in this thread and other threads, I think he is going to get PT immediately. Love that he gets here for Spring so b/w having already played JUCO ball and having a Spring here he is going to get a big head start. Also in the latest Rivals article about him he admits that he really needs to hit the weight room when he gets here. So hopefully he can put on 10 + lbs of muscle by the time Fall comes around. Wouldn't be surprised to see him starting some games in 2014

That's like David Robinson going to the Naval Academy for submarine training and quickly sprouting into a 7 foot tall NBA center. :wow:

I don't think they really offer submarine training at the Naval Academy, per se.

Back