What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 MI PF Yante Maten (Verbal to Georgia)

Any chance we see Tad go after another big such as Maten?

I don't know. I guess there's a chance. But I would be surprised if Tad doubled up at PF. We're kind of loaded with youth there now with Jam Scott (So), Gordon (Fr), XJ (So), Thomas (Fr) and Miller (incoming Fr) all able to play that spot.

Looks like Maten is having a good Sr year - he was the MVP in a holiday tournament in Chicago:

This was his stat line in the final game:
23 points, 14 boards, 10 blocks, 6 assists, 4 steals

he than followed that up with this game last week:
23pts 18rebs 15blks 8ast 5stls

Re: '14 MI PF Yante Maten

Looks like Maten is having a good Sr year - he was the MVP in a holiday tournament in Chicago:

This was his stat line in the final game:
23 points, 14 boards, 10 blocks, 6 assists, 4 steals

he than followed that up with this game last week:
23pts 18rebs 15blks 8ast 5stls

Was he playing against middle school kids?

Is CU still in contact with him or is that ship sailed? I know we are +1 in scholarships if Dinwiddie leaves. Just curious

I don't know. I guess there's a chance. But I would be surprised if Tad doubled up at PF. We're kind of loaded with youth there now with Jam Scott (So), Gordon (Fr), XJ (So), Thomas (Fr) and Miller (incoming Fr) all able to play that spot.

XJ and Thomas are more wing players than down low forces. We need another big that is ready to contribute whenever Scott leaves. I'm surprised that we aren't all over this guy. Tad hasn't banked a scholarship yet and don't think he'd do so this year. Maybe they are waiting for an answer on the Spencer front.

XJ and Thomas are more wing players than down low forces. We need another big that is ready to contribute whenever Scott leaves. I'm surprised that we aren't all over this guy. Tad hasn't banked a scholarship yet and don't think he'd do so this year. Maybe they are waiting for an answer on the Spencer front.

We have Tory Miller fresh off a Prep year coming in for next season as well.

He's listed in the OP at 6'8" which means he's probably not taller than that. That's what Dustin Thomas was listed at. Just doesn't seem like a PF/C type at all to me, so I don't see him as a Josh Scott replacement.

Maten is a back to the basket post player and interior presence, he's not a wing at all. I think CU was and probably is still all over him, they have been on him since this summer and were one of his first big time offers. I think he decided to play out his SR year and see what he would be able to generate in terms of offers by playing well this year - looks like it's going to pay off for him.

I don't think we're "actively" recruiting him and by no means think he's coming to CU, just interested to see how this plays out. Kid goes from mid-major offers only to IU and Mich St watching him in 6 months.

Back