What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 NH PF Tory Miller (Signed to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

329901.jpg

New Hampton Prep (New Hampton, NH)

AAU: KC Run GMC

Reclassified from 2013 (Lee's Summit, MO) - AllBuffs 2013 Profile

Ht: 6'8"
Wt: 247

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked PF (#144 overall)
Scout rating: 3*; unranked PF
ESPN rating: 3*-74 grade; #47 PF
247s rating: 3*-87 rating; #62 PF (#232 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, CSU, Creighton, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Kansas State, Marquette, Miami, Minnesota, Missouri State, Nebraska, Penn State, Providence, St. Louis, Villanova, Wichita State

[video=youtube;to6Se0dJX7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to6Se0dJX7I[/video]

46m

William Whelan @William_Whelan
Colorado has offered Tory Miller, big man with KC GMC.

Miller is on the same AAU team as Dom Collier.

We should consider him among the top targets for 2014 now.

From earlier today by Will (at the Pangos Fab 48 AAU tourney in Vegas scouting Miller and others):

• Next up was Tory Miller. Miller is built like a brick house and has tremendous athleticism as well, making him a sleeper in the Buffs' recruitment of '14 big men. He doesn't have an offer yet, but that could change after the staff meets to recap their impressions of the tournament.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1529298

Big body! Can he jump? Highlights showed a lot of dunks but nothing impressively above the rim. Muscle is good but I'd like some elevation to go with it for rebounding.

Big body! Can he jump? Highlights showed a lot of dunks but nothing impressively above the rim. Muscle is good but I'd like some elevation to go with it for rebounding.

Watch that first blocked shot at about 22 seconds. He takes one step across the lane and gets well above the rim for that block. He's not going to be the most explosive athlete off the floor, but a 6'8"-6'9", 250lb kid with that kind of athleticism and a willingness to attack the rim can be a scary thing in college basketball. I hope Dom keeps working this one, because Miller is the perfect compliment to our other bigs.

Just look at the screen cap on his highlight video. Kid's elbows are at the rim. Plus he gets up quickly. Kid is a solid #2 on the wish-list at this point behind Humphrey.

I like him more than Humphrey because there is no guarantee Humphrey will add the necessary weight and this guy is solid

I like him more than Humphrey because there is no guarantee Humphrey will add the necessary weight and this guy is solid

I'd take Miller over Humphrey too. The biggest weakness on the current roster is size/strength along the frontline. Miller is one of those rare players who could potentially fill that need while not taking anything away from the team's overall athleticism.

Watch that first blocked shot at about 22 seconds. He takes one step across the lane and gets well above the rim for that block. He's not going to be the most explosive athlete off the floor, but a 6'8"-6'9", 250lb kid with that kind of athleticism and a willingness to attack the rim can be a scary thing in college basketball. I hope Dom keeps working this one, because Miller is the perfect compliment to our other bigs.

I will admit it would be nice to have a frontcourt that doesn't always make us lament "can this team put any weight on?" Someone who can beat up others in the paint will be a valuable get. The Dom connection makes me hopeful that we have a shot at getting Tory as a tall player with some athleticism to go with his bulk is pretty rare to recruit out of high school. I don't know how great the odds are of Mike Rohn being on staff a couple years from now but I enjoy the prospect of him coaching a physical talent like this one should we be able to get him to Boulder.

A couple thoughts, He has solid fundamentals and footwork in the post. Guys that are 6-8 and 250 in High School don't necessarily need to have good fundamentals, they can usually use their sheer size to over power players. It's nice to see that he has the fundamentals, it makes the transition to the next level much easier. He has a good looking shot and high release, in that video his FT form and a couple of jumpers he makes from the corner all look good. Love the baby hook!

Fans tend to pay attention to seven footers but college BB has a lot more 6'8"-6'10" guys who can hurt you. This kid looks like the kind of guy who could give us a frontcourt presence and still fit into what Tad likes to do.

The big plus is that he could be a presence on both ends of the court without having to worry about covering for him due to a lack of bulk or of mobility.

Arizona State & California have offered 2014 PF Tory Miller of KC Run GMC (MO).

Tad's Offers carry a lot of weight now a days. I want this kid even more now.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-07-30 at 2.02.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-07-30 at 2.02.50 PM.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 593
What an intriguing player. Would love to get him on board. Would be a fantastic fit for what we're doing here. Great moves in the post.

According to his twitter he also has Tulsa, VCU, and Okie State offers. He was also tweeting with Collier a couple days ago (nothing basketball related)

Would be a great get for the program - nice to have a big so we wont get shoved around in the paint

'14 NH PF Tory Miller

According to his twitter he also has Tulsa, VCU, and Okie State offers. He was also tweeting with Collier a couple days ago (nothing basketball related)

That VCU and OSU offer really shows this guys ability to play uptempo

247 lists a top 5 of Marquette, Iowa, CU, ASU, and Miami (FL).

AZ predicted to CU as of today.

OV's to Marquette (10/11) and Iowa (9/13) set up so far

Miller doesn't seem to have the best hops but I love his physicality and strength; I'm pretty sick of our teams getting pushed around down low.

Miami will be taking quite a step back this year. I highly respect Larranaga, but he's no spring chicken.

I don't know if the coaches are prioritizing Welsh or Miller at the top of their board. Maybe whomever commits first gets the spot. But my personal preference is Miller. As much as I'd love to beat UCLA for a 7 footer in their own backyard, I think we need a banger on our roster. And I also think there's a lot of value to bringing in the post player our star PG recruit is tight with.

Back