What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 NV RB Nathan Starks (Signed to UCLA)

In his interviews, he seems like a pretty good kid. Also, it sounds like he didn't want to move here but mom made him. So, maybe, if Mac could sell CU to his mom.....

Between this move and Ballage at ASU our division games aren't going to get any easier. Pac-12 quietly becoming a big running back conference.

Wish CU would have recruited him harder.

I don't.

MacIntyre has fought for kids and given 2nd and 3rd chances (and beyond) to some of our guys to the point where it was risking the locker room. There were some players who didn't get on the field but were not kicked off for repeated violations because Mac kept giving opportunities for them to earn their way back.

But when he and the staff looked into Starks they stopped recruiting him. I'm not judging Starks except to say that he was obviously not a good fit for the program culture.

I don't.

MacIntyre has fought for kids and given 2nd and 3rd chances (and beyond) to some of our guys to the point where it was risking the locker room. There were some players who didn't get on the field but were not kicked off for repeated violations because Mac kept giving opportunities for them to earn their way back.

But when he and the staff looked into Starks they stopped recruiting him. I'm not judging Starks except to say that he was obviously not a good fit for the program culture.

I think that UCLA stopped recruiting him too, but when they missed on Joe Mixon I guess they didn't care anymore.

Starks is a good kid. Know that from personal experience on multiple occasions but hey whatever

Are people saying he is JUCO bound bc of grades or transfer credits got screwed up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I don't.

I don't think Starks would ever really consider CU, like any other highly rated recruit, but sometimes you have to swing for the homerun on the risks that the UCLA's and USC's don't have to take.

Starks is a good kid. Know that from personal experience on multiple occasions but hey whatever

Come on - it easier to demonize him for being a bad kid, and say he is "obviously not a good fit for the program culture". Who wants to take a chance on a potential great tailback in our own backyard who is good enough to get a scholarship offers from UCLA, Florida State, Nebraska, Alabama, Arizona, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas and USC? Jim Mora and UCLA are notorious for recruiting bad kids, right?
Anybody from Yale's recruiting e"

I don't.

I know a young man who grew up with him. After extended conversations, I can't say I disagree with you.

Lets not forget that these are kids who are easily convinced to make mistakes when they are 15-18. Part of the coaches job is to is turn kids into men. To change their culture not just the culture of the program. Mothers commit kids to coaches who have a track record of influencing kids. A little bit of what I am getting out of this is that our coach doesn't have the ability to reach for 2 or 3 more challenging players and influence them to make better decisions.

Lets not forget that these are kids who are easily convinced to make mistakes when they are 15-18. Part of the coaches job is to is turn kids into men. To change their culture not just the culture of the program. Mothers commit kids to coaches who have a track record of influencing kids. A little bit of what I am getting out of this is that our coach doesn't have the ability to reach for 2 or 3 more challenging players and influence them to make better decisions.

What I get out of this all is Starks was made to move here. He never had interest in CU and is not a CO kid, having only played half a season here.

Back