1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'14 PG Ahmaad Rorie back on market

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive - Basket' started by Buffnik, May 2, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Hard to tell if we were ever in on him because he committed so early, but let's hope we try at least.

Quick look - he appears to be a Ski-type of player. Shoot first PG. Small, quick. Good 3 point shooter. ESPN projected him to be Cal's starting PG next year.

3. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

Is he going to sit after transferring within conference and foot the bill? Doubt it.

4. Hoops Fan

Hoops Fan Club Member Club Member

Would that rule apply to a situation where the player had not enrolled and the coach who recruited him left?

5. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

A signed LOI is what matters not whether he enrolled, so he'd have to sit unless there's some special circumstance, in conf or ooc.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't think so. The story, as I read it, is that he was released from his LOI. He hasn't enrolled at Cal. I think he's free to go anywhere he wants to without sitting out a year.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I believe that by Cal granting a full release from the LOI it is as if he never signed one and is on the open market like any player who is currently unsigned for 2014.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Begs the question: With Collier already signed, would we go after Rorie? Do you pass on a talent like that? I don't think you do, but it would certainly cause some challenges.

9. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I don't think Colorado goes after another freshman PG. I think if they add a PG it is an upper classman, and probably a senior