What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TNFR OT Shane Callahan (Signed to Colorado)

Matt McChesney's "Six Zero Strength" has become the go-to place for football training in the metro. Love to hear that Shane will be joining the Dungeon.

[tweet]473113560143638528[/tweet]

Nod to Adam for getting Maximus down there last week to check it out. A few days prior, someone asked Max who Shane would be training with, and Max said "me".

I cringed.

Max visited the Dungeon and soon after we see the above tweet. Thanks Adam!

Is there any new info on Callahan? There's been no official report that he's joining the Buffs, the only news articles about this are a month old and say he's "moving closer to home". Why can't this be announced yet?

Also, there is hope on the board that Callahan would be eligible to play right away. How likely is this? What precedent is there?

I just wonder why we haven't heard a word yet.

Is there any new info on Callahan? There's been no official report that he's joining the Buffs, the only news articles about this are a month old and say he's "moving closer to home". Why can't this be announced yet?

Also, there is hope on the board that Callahan would be eligible to play right away. How likely is this? What precedent is there?

I just wonder why we haven't heard a word yet.
Welcome to the board!

Semper Gumby

School can't talk about it until he's enrolled.

NCAA has to rule before there is anything to report on the eligibility front.

So unless Shane decides he wants to start doing media interviews (and he's not the self-promotors type seeking the spotlight), there is literally no source that would allow an official report.

School can't talk about it until he's enrolled.

NCAA has to rule before there is anything to report on the eligibility front.

So unless Shane decides he wants to start doing media interviews (and he's not the self-promotors type seeking the spotlight), there is literally no source that would allow an official report.

That's very frustrating, but makes more sense now.

We know he's working out with Six Zero Strength so it's obvious he's "home" in Colorado, but there's no news. How come schools can't comment until he's enrolled? On national signing day the kids aren't enrolled and won't be from Feb-August right? Is it different because Callahan is a transfer? Also, is it possible the NCAA has ruled but we won't know anything until Callahan is officially enrolled at CU?

Some other questions you may be able to answer:

What is the precedent for him being immediately eligible? Is it likely to be granted?

How big is Callahan exactly? I've seen everything from 6'4'' to 6'6''.

National Signing Day is the signing of the scholarship paperwork. It's official with a financial aid agreement.

A transfer has to have credits accepted to be admitted. Then the financial aid agreement would need to be signed. I shouldn't have said "enrolled".

Precedent would be if there was a personal/family reason that made it important to change geographic location. Shane has a case, allegedly, and we should not go into more detail than that on a public message board. Respect that he wants to keep personal stuff personal.

Size: 6'5" (+/- 1"), 300 lbs (+/- 15 lbs).

I can't wait for this one to be official and to find out if he is going to be eligible for 2014. Our prospects improve greatly for this year if he is. With the Lynott and Middlemiss signings for 2015 we are lining up a potential top tier Pac 12 OL by 2015/2016

I can't wait for this one to be official and to find out if he is going to be eligible for 2014. Our prospects improve greatly for this year if he is. With the Lynott and Middlemiss signings for 2015 we are lining up a potential top tier Pac 12 OL by 2015/2016

Not just top tier, but a top tier made up of 3/5ths Colorado prospects. The way Lynott moves, and the fact that he was a RT until this season... I'd expect him to be a RG. He might be a big dude, but he can run and pull with the best of them. Usually the better run blocking guard plays right and I'd say that's probably a better spot for Tim. A line of:

LT Callahan
LG Irwin
C Kelley
RG Lynott
RT Middlemiss

Could be pretty fierce in 2015.

I am excited about our future but you are jumping ahead here.

Middlemiss is a quality prospect but if he is starting in 2015 we are in trouble. He has some developing to do.

I am excited about our future but you are jumping ahead here.

Middlemiss is a quality prospect but if he is starting in 2015 we are in trouble. He has some developing to do.
That is why I said 2015/2016. Hard to imagine Callahan not being a starter from Day 1. Most seem to think Lynott will be too. Who knows how much Middlemiss will improve between now and 2015 but I am not sure anyone would be surprised if he ended up in the 2 deep and did not redshirt.

Regardless, as skins fan said, we are shaping up to have a pretty damn good line in the next few years, made up largely of Colorado beef

That is why I said 2015/2016. Hard to imagine Callahan not being a starter from Day 1. Most seem to think Lynott will be too. Who knows how much Middlemiss will improve between now and 2015 but I am not sure anyone would be surprised if he ended up in the 2 deep and did not redshirt.

Regardless, as skins fan said, we are shaping up to have a pretty damn good line in the next few years, made up largely of Colorado beef
I agree. If we turn the corner in 2015, as I suspect we will, and then we add all this young talent, 2016-2018 promise to be really good. I know there's a lot that can go wrong between now and then, but it's the offseason and I man can dream :lol:

Plati told me awhile back there wouldn't be any official word until fall camp if he ends up at CU

Some folks getting way ahead of themselves re: O-Linemen who have yet to practice or enroll here.... Freshmen and transfers alike.

Some folks getting way ahead of themselves re: O-Linemen who have yet to practice or enroll here.... Freshmen and transfers alike.

Yep. Super excited for Callahan and the other guys, but right now it's only potential (another word for "haven't done anything yet"). Quality coming into the program and the trajectory is great for the future of the OL. But I do worry that some unrealistic expectations are being created.

Not just with Callahan.

As an example, if Miller grayshirts then redshirts then doesn't earn a starting job until his junior year... we're still looking at a 2-year starter in the Pac-12 who will be likely to get drafted by the NFL. But I fear that we'll have fans thinking there's something wrong with him if he's not starting by 2016.

To start with projecting any of our OL prospects as a "probable" NFL draft choice is a bit of a stretch. We do finally have a group of guys who could legitimately project to that level but playing on Sundays is a big jump.

That said the rest of what you stated is spot on. Lets see how these guys do lining up against guys as big and fast as they are instead of HS kids. Let's see how they develop and progress.

I would argue that Calahan is a bit different case. He has lined up in practice against guys who will be in NFL training camps, he has earned a spot on the depth chart of a program plays at the highest level of college football. Would he have been an eventual starter for them, decent chance but no guarantee with the other players they keep bringing in. What we do know with him is that he has already proven he can compete at that level.

For what it is worth I am excited about the group of guys we have coming in. Miller has a very high ceiling, Lynott is the real deal, etc. etc.

That said we still need to see it on the field but it's nice to dream a little after years of "prospects" who belonged at mid-majors.

By "projected NFL", I meant in the general sense that anyone who starts for 2 years in the Pac-12 and has the measurables will get a chance at the NFL.

Back