What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX ATH Reggie Turner

The article is for VIP's only but 247 says we're in his top two. I think we've got enough smallish WR's though. Then again, if he rises above the crop or plays defense he looks like a good player.

To be fair, my wife was my second choice behind Cindy Crawford. Kids love the bling of Oregon and Oregon vould dign ten thousand kids a year if the NCAA would let them. Just how it is.

Early senior season highlights...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recru...87135575&SIG=f149647db93e5755097bed98de1f89de

He tweeted "It's a business" today ... not sure if that's related, but the timing is interesting.

He tweeted "It's a business" today ... not sure if that's related, but the timing is interesting.

Athletes slow-playing a school while they wait for a better offer is a business move too. Can't be disappointed with how either side plays it. That's the game.

The guy never blew up like some said. I still think he is to small to play in the Pac 12.

He in fact has been waiting on an Oregon offer......

Everyone knows the best way to get a winning Pac-12 school interested in you is to verbal to Mike MacIntyre when you have a committable offer and let the poaching come to you.

Everyone knows the best way to get a winning Pac-12 school interested in you is to verbal to Mike MacIntyre when you have a committable offer and let the poaching come to you.

Which is weird because MacIntyre only offers kids with no offers that nobody will ever want. FACT.

He may be too small, but where has anyone said he was going to a major BCS recruit?

I think this recruit thread is missing about 3 pages where I argued he was to small to play RB for us and was ganged up on about how he was going to blow up and be such a big recruit this year by the time season ended. I pointed out his weight and how that would be a major challenge for BCS football and a slot WR or DB would be a better option for him if he was able to RS and put on weight.

No one argued he would be a major BCS prospect. Most argued he was worth the risk for CU because of his speed. See the difference?

No one argued he would be a major BCS prospect. Most argued he was worth the risk for CU because of his speed. See the difference?

The old "If no one else wants him we should take him because he is fast argument" got it.

Side Note: I wonder if he really did have a commit able offer to CU. I know Lee was a little more highly regarded and they sure look like they double each other up.

The old "If no one else wants him we should is okay. Gotake him because he is fast argument" got it.

Side Note: I wonder if he really did have a commit able offer to CU. I know Lee was a little more highly regarded and they sure look like they double each other up.

All we hear is cu needs speed, but signing LB's who have 4.8 speed Is okay. Got it.

What happened to this guy?

I don't have a Rivals account, but there might be something in this article.

January 30, 2014
Turner plays the waiting game

Jason Howell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting
Reggie Turner is still working through things as signing day approaches, but a few schools are standing out.

4109.gif
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!

I'm going out on a limb and saying that he didn't actually have a commitable offer. He may have had his sights set on a higher level that his size and talent was going to take him.

The FCS and D2 schools very often end up filling in their classes with guys like this in the days after signing day. Not unusual that a kid who might have gotten a low BCS level (mid-major) scholly ends up waiting himself into a lower level.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that he didn't actually have a commitable offer. He may have had his sights set on a higher level that his size and talent was going to take him.

The FCS and D2 schools very often end up filling in their classes with guys like this in the days after signing day. Not unusual that a kid who might have gotten a low BCS level (mid-major) scholly ends up waiting himself into a lower level.

Could be. Could have been a GS offer that got misunderstood and now there's the bitterness. Hard to know.

So this guy went from waiting on an Oregon offer to no offers from anyone. I would still take him as a PWO so that we can scrimmage against his speed for the games against Pac 12 opponents.

Back