What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX C David Wacker (Verbal to Boise State)

Kinda surprising. I thought he was a strong lean for Nebraska.

Me too. This is a good fit for David, though. He gets to play in a solid conference. I don't follow Boise State closely, but they appear to be building a decent program up there. They made the Big Dance last year. Nebraska hasn't made the Dance in 15 years and counting (and never won an NCAA Tournament game in their entire history, 6 appearances). Miles might put some fight in Nebraska, but I'd be mildly surprised to put it lightly if he can get Nebraska's head consistently above water in the B1G (let alone with Maryland joining the already brutal fray) and making Dance appearances and 20+ win seasons with any consistency.

Me too. This is a good fit for David, though. He gets to play in a solid conference. I don't follow Boise State closely, but they appear to be building a decent program up there. They made the Big Dance last year. Nebraska hasn't made the Dance in 15 years and counting (and never won an NCAA Tournament game in their entire history, 6 appearances). Miles might put some fight in Nebraska, but I'd be mildly surprised to put it lightly if he can get Nebraska's head consistently above water in the B1G (let alone with Maryland joining the already brutal fray) and making Dance appearances and 20+ win seasons with any consistency.

Got to say from a BSU perspective, we're thrilled to land this one. We're definitely looking up at a lot of folks from a basketball standpoint, but I do think we've landed our "Coach Pete" for basketball in former Gonzaga assistant Leon Rice. This is a situation where we're trying to get where you guys are from a program standpoint. We want to be a consistent dancer and hopefully as we continue to build up academics, do stadium expansion for football, and round out our overall athletics program by making basketball a quality thing at BSU we'd be more attractive for the Pac-12/Big 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wacker was a bit further down your priority list as it had seemed you were a little higher on a couple of other bigs you were targeting.

Last edited:
Got to say from a BSU perspective, we're thrilled to land this one. We're definitely looking up at a lot of folks from a basketball standpoint, but I do think we've landed our "Coach Pete" for basketball in former Gonzaga assistant Leon Rice. This is a situation where we're trying to get where you guys are from a program standpoint. We want to be a consistent dancer and hopefully as we continue to build up academics, do stadium expansion for football, and round out our overall athletics program by making basketball a quality thing at BSU we'd be more attractive for the Pac-12/Big 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wacker was a bit further down your priority list as it had seemed you were a little higher on a couple of other bigs you were targeting.

We pretty much moved on a couple months ago. I wish David the best at Boise, good place for him to land.

We pretty much moved on a couple months ago. I wish David the best at Boise, good place for him to land.

Yeah. I thought he was the kind of player that Tim Miles does well with, so I didn't want to see him at Nebraska. Them sucking makes me happy.

Yeah, Boise State is building a good program. Most of their players from last year are back, and should be even better. Wouldn't be surprised with another trip to the tourney.

Still, surprised that either he passed on Nebraska, or Nebraska passed on him, as there seemed to be fairly strong interest for awhile. Hope he does good at Boise State.

Back