What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX DE Zach Vaughan (Verbal to Houston)

Wow, huge surprise. Houston is kind of a mess. Vaughn must have really wanted to stay in state.

Houston was showing some stuff for a few years until the coach bailed for aTm. Kid may not realize the stench there last year will likely get much worse this year. Pretty good chance this kid opens up his recruitment again late.

Houston was showing some stuff for a few years until the coach bailed for aTm. Kid may not realize the stench there last year will likely get much worse this year. Pretty good chance this kid opens up his recruitment again late.

Travis Bush and Jamie Christian are a couple of dynamic young recruiters I'd have loved to add when we were building our staff last winter. Zach must've really wanted to stay close to home if that was his best in-state option and he took it before his senior year started. UH will have a couple 6 and 7 win bowl seasons as a middle of the pack (American Athletic Conference) team, but despite still being able to pull some talent I think that program's ceiling for improvement going forward is pretty low unless they get another elite quarterback to run the old Briles/Sumlin system that gave opponents fits a few years ago.

Unfortunately for us, despite the upgrade in conference, Houston starts out with a powderpuff schedule:

Southern
at Temple
Rice
at UTSA
Memphis

They'll be 5-0 at that point.

And they have started construction on their new stadium. Maybe dirt moving beats pictures of dirt moving?

rawImage.jpg

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...um-project-starting-to-take-shape-4637447.php

Word is that Coach Levine has released 3 2014 commits for inappropriate use of social media. No idea if Vaughan is one of those three but we have some experience picking up recruits with those issues.

Word is that Coach Levine has released 3 2014 commits for inappropriate use of social media. No idea if Vaughan is one of those three but we have some experience picking up recruits with those issues.

Don't get your hopes up, none of the released were commits.

Recruits =/= commits.

Commits are those who gave us a verbal. Recruits or those who are (or in this case were) being recruited but are currently uncommitted.

Whoa? For real? Wow, that is shocking news. Thanks for clarifying that Houston fan!

Recruits =/= commits.

Commits are those who gave us a verbal. Recruits or those who are (or in this case were) being recruited but are currently uncommitted.

Thanks for the clarification. I saw the story in the Chronicle this morning and wondered if there was any chance that Vaughan was one of them, especially since he seemed to initially have some interest in CU.

Best of luck with Arizona when you play them. I'd love to see CU and UofH start up a home and home for football and/or basketball.

Must be a slow news say for the Houston Chronicle then. I guess they were playing up the social media angle, but offers get pulled every day for a variety of reasons. In any case, I'd love to have Zach change his mind and come to Boulder.

Use of the word "release" is inappropriate for recruits, whether committed or not. If you decide not to recruit them anymore, you don't recruit them anymore. If they have an offer, you pull the offer. But you can't release he who is not caged.

Recruits =/= commits.

Wait. I thought this kid was verbally committed to UH? If he is not, then my hopes are up.

Wait. I thought this kid was verbally committed to UH? If he is not, then my hopes are up.

He is verbally committed to UH.

Our beat writer tweeted this morning for clarification that the three who were dropped were recruits and did not have offers yet. (basically what I said last night) All 19 of our current commits are still with us and yes, that includes Vaughan.

Our beat writer tweeted this morning for clarification that the three who were dropped were recruits and did not have offers yet. (basically what I said last night) All 19 of our current commits are still with us and yes, that includes Vaughan.

Thanks for the updates.

That best writer is a dumbass. In short, this "story" amounts to UH deciding to remove 3 guys from their recruiting board because they can be a bit more selective with 19 guys already committed.

Stop the presses, this is big. There's a social media component to this revelation. :lol:

Yeah, this "released" BS is exactly that. But it would be nice having a writer, any writer, spinning things in a good way about our program.

Ah ha. pre-coffee reading comprehension problems.

Back