What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX DT Eddy Lopez (Signed to COLORADO)

I'm no expert at breaking down tape, but did it seem to anyone else that he had poor technique?

To me, it didn't seem like he used his hands well, he just used his athleticism and strength to get into the backfield. Sure, that's a good thing, but it looks like some work needs to be done. Then again, you can't teach athleticism, but you CAN teach technique. I wonder if that'll be a hallmark of the rebuilding process early on.

I think that's exactly it. We're targeting some players who have the physical tools to start for us in the future and trusting in our staff to get them coached up properly. Eddy will no doubt need some conditioning and probably even have to shed a couple pounds a year from now when he arrives to get in Pac-12 shape but I'm thrilled we're taking size and strength with technique as the project area rather than a technically sound prospect who might never get to the height or weight we need playing on the line.

seems to be a good example of HCMM approach. Althetic prospects that can mature in the system before they are called upon to play. If Eddy grows over the next year as he did this past year, he may see the field early. Looks like the staff found a diamond in the rough here. Welcome young Buff.

Wow, I was worried watching his sophomore film. But he jumped off the screen his junior year (plus badass music helped)!

Great first step. I can see why the coaches would jump all over this lesser known player. He is raw but has great potential.

Good one coaches!

I'm pretty enthusiastic about this one. Plus athlete to develop that Jeffcoat personally worked with at the UT camp. Good recruiting to make this happen. Hard work pays off.

'14 TX DT Eddy Lopez (Verbal to COLORADO)

Here's what a written scholarship from MM looks like (props to Rivals and Eddy posted it on his twitter)

5y6eve8a.jpg

Interesting.....according to the date, this is an offer from the future. He must have one of those hot-tub time machines.

Interesting.....according to the date, this is an offer from the future. He must have one of those hot-tub time machines.

NCAA rule. No written offers until Sep 1 of a player's junior year.

'14 TX DT Eddy Lopez (Verbal to COLORADO)

NCAA rule. No written offers until Sep 1 of a player's junior year.

But he still got it before 9/1, so what's the point of such a rule if all you have to do is post date the letter? The offer isn't effective until then, maybe, but that is of little consequence.

Looks like a solid prospect. Would like him to be around 285-290 pounds, reminds me of Derek Wolfe of the Broncos.

But he still got it before 9/1, so what's the point of such a rule if all you have to do is post date the letter? The offer isn't effective until then, maybe, but that is of little consequence.

Since he's a Senior, that's not the reason. I think it was a typo and should have said 8/1/13

That's a little odd, though, considering he'll be a senior.

Yeah. Maybe they just date them all "September 1" to be safe. Who knows?

P.S. Kind of cool that from a google search on "ncaa rule written offer football", the #1 hit is the Allbuffs thread on the topic.

Yeah. Maybe they just date them all "September 1" to be safe. Who knows?

P.S. Kind of cool that from a google search on "ncaa rule written offer football", the #1 hit is the Allbuffs thread on the topic.

Could just mean that there are a lot of schools out there who's fans don't really care what the rules are.:lol:

Rivals has him a 2**, 5.3 rr.

My guess would be they've seen very little of him, if at all. . And I mean that for better or for worse.

That ranking is reserved for:
No other offers and not enough film vs known opponents, nor in person evaluation, to give a real ranking. So what that is good for, I don't know.

But I'm sure Coach Jeffcoat wouldn't know too much about DL talent....

RichRod will take note I'm sure as El Paso is 4.5 hour drive from Tucson, much less with a good radar detector.

Last edited:
Now listed at 6'4". Senior stats so far: 33 solo tackles, 22 assists, seven tackles for a loss and four sacks.

Back