What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX ILB Grant Watanabe (Signed to COLORADO)

:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

WELCOME TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice. I know he isn't blazing fast or super tall but plays with good instincts, which are huge at LB. Also we were not the only Pac 12 school to offer which makes me feel good that our 1st 2 commits are perceived as legit BCS.

Getting our first two commits in the same week, both 3 stars, and having them be an offensive tackle and a middle linebacker sounds pretty good to me. At least makes the staff seem very organized in seeing them identify the guys they can coach to take their games to the next level, getting the word out to them about what Boulder and the football program are like going forward, and then building on that relationship to close the guy. It's going to take several years before we can judge whether the efforts to get these first two paid off for the program, but I am very encouraged now by what I see on paper.

Welcome aboard young man! looks like a pretty sure tackler and I think his speed will be fine. Being from Texas he already has the work ethics and played some pretty good competition. These coaches are killing it in Texas

Getting our first two commits in the same week, both 3 stars, and having them be an offensive tackle and a middle linebacker sounds pretty good to me. At least makes the staff seem very organized in seeing them identify the guys they can coach to take their games to the next level, getting the word out to them about what Boulder and the football program are like going forward, and then building on that relationship to close the guy. It's going to take several years before we can judge whether the efforts to get these first two paid off for the program, but I am very encouraged now by what I see on paper.
+1

:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5::dance5:

Woohoooo!!! Welcome to the Black and Gold!!!

Sefo visited with Grant and Zack during their unofficial visit to Boulder in early April. They talked about the who, what, where, when and why he committed to Colorado; he told them to take their time, enjoy the process, not an easy decision, your family will support you when that time comes; It may come early or later but you will be a 100% sure its the right one for you and the family. He end it with a "Go Buff!!"
Welcome Grant, let's hope Zack is next.

Last edited:
Definitely looks the part. Welcome Grant

628x471.jpg

WELCOME:dance5:

One thing that really sticks out in his film is he is tackling, not just hitting. You can see how he hits, and wraps at the same time, and in most cases the runner doesn't gain another inch.

WELCOME:dance5:

One thing that really sticks out in his film is he is tackling, not just hitting. You can see how he hits, and wraps at the same time, and in most cases the runner doesn't gain another inch.

Dizon II. Good get. Welcome Mr. Watanabe.

Back