What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Texas)

Seems like he is underrated by the recruiting services so far given his offer list.

That un-possible! Recruiting services is GODS! Always right, never miss on kids, just like No 1 NFL draft choice this year and Bakhtiari!

Both two star recruits! Now that he's commited to the Buffs, ratings will drop further!

colorado.jpg

We got our bookends and both have advanced techniques polished. Add some good S&C and they will play earlier than most as they will be needed. Great get here.

Looks like he fits the pattern of kids that M2 is going after. Athletic with a lot of room to develop. Nice to see that a couple years down the road we may break out of this constant cycle of being thin on the OL.

Came across this today via LSU 247. I'm not too worried, but definitely something to keep an eye on. More than anything, this tells us that HCMM has found himself a good tackle for the future. We need to continue to play well on the line and hold onto Elijah's commitment.

Following Cameron Robinson's commitment to Alabama, I am told by numerous sources that LSU will continue to look for an offensive tackle prospect in the 2014 class.

In Friday's Tiger Wrap, we went over some names to watch moving forward.
St. Louis offensive tackle Brian Wallace is a guy they like on film, and he will get a stronger look in the coming weeks as evaluations begin.
However, I would keep a very close eye on Colorado commitment Elijah Rodriguez .
I am told the staff absolutely loves Rodriguez on film, and he's moved way up the board and will get one of their first in-person evaluations this fall. The current plans are to get out on see Rodriguez in the next few weeks.
Rodriguez, a 6-foot-5 and 275-pound tackle prospect, plays high school ball at Cypress Creek in Houston. He just recently committed to Colorado, but that could change if a bigger program made a move. Right now LSU wants to see him in person and check out whether or not he's the caliber of guy they want. But from his film, they like what they have seen.

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Colorado)

Came across this today via LSU 247. I'm not too worried, but definitely something to keep an eye on. More than anything, this tells us that HCMM has found himself a good tackle for the future. We need to continue to play well on the line and hold onto Elijah's commitment.

Following Cameron Robinson's commitment to Alabama, I am told by numerous sources that LSU will continue to look for an offensive tackle prospect in the 2014 class.

In Friday's Tiger Wrap, we went over some names to watch moving forward.
St. Louis offensive tackle Brian Wallace is a guy they like on film, and he will get a stronger look in the coming weeks as evaluations begin.
However, I would keep a very close eye on Colorado commitment Elijah Rodriguez .
I am told the staff absolutely loves Rodriguez on film, and he's moved way up the board and will get one of their first in-person evaluations this fall. The current plans are to get out on see Rodriguez in the next few weeks.
Rodriguez, a 6-foot-5 and 275-pound tackle prospect, plays high school ball at Cypress Creek in Houston. He just recently committed to Colorado, but that could change if a bigger program made a move. Right now LSU wants to see him in person and check out whether or not he's the caliber of guy they want. But from his film, they like what they have seen.

...oh ****.

...oh ****.

I mean, I couldn't blame him if he jumped to LSU at all. Means a lot though that MikeMac was first to offer. Proves his staff has a good eye for talent, if LSU's staff agrees enough to offer him to play OL in the SEC.

I mean, I couldn't blame him if he jumped to LSU at all. Means a lot though that MikeMac was first to offer. Proves his staff has a good eye for talent, if LSU's staff agrees enough to offer him to play OL in the SEC.

Couldn't blame him? I could. Prospects commit for a lot of different reasons and we can safely assume that an opportunity to play for a program with a ton of recent success isn't what is driving any of the 2014 CU commitments.

In saying that I would blame someone for flipping I am also assuming, of course, that when a prospect commits to Coach MacIntyre that the commitment conversation isn't:

"Coach, I've got great news for you. I plan on joining the Buffs unless I change my mind."

"Great! We'll stop accepting commitments for this roster spot now! Go Buffs!"

Couldn't blame him? I could. Prospects commit for a lot of different reasons and we can safely assume that an opportunity to play for a program with a ton of recent success isn't what is driving any of the 2014 CU commitments.

In saying that I would blame someone for flipping I am also assuming, of course, that when a prospect commits to Coach MacIntyre that the commitment conversation isn't:

"Coach, I've got great news for you. I plan on joining the Buffs unless I change my mind."

"Great! We'll stop accepting commitments for this roster spot now! Go Buffs!"

If a kid wants to play football for a program like LSU I wouldn't blame him. I wouldn't be happy, but I get it. Especially given how early we are in the season. Obviously we have plan B's and C's in place for this very reason.

Back