What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Texas)

I wonder how interested he is in LSU?

If they do go after him and he sticks to us that would be a big feather in M2s cap. One it show's that he can identify talent, secondly it would give the coaches amunition to use with other recruits to say that we have guys who have offers to top programs choosing CU.

I wonder how interested he is in LSU?

If they do go after him and he sticks to us that would be a big feather in M2s cap. One it show's that he can identify talent, secondly it would give the coaches amunition to use with other recruits to say that we have guys who have offers to top programs choosing CU.

Would we have to consider recruiting to be widely better than it has been if LSU and others start trying to pick off our guys?

Would we have to consider recruiting to be widely better than it has been if LSU and others start trying to pick off our guys?

I would consider it to be a major step up is LSU and others are even watching tape on our recruits.

FWIW, in his interview with Adam at Rivals after his commitment, his comments did not seem to paint a picture of someone who was likely to change his mind.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1540285

"Coach MacIntyre said that it is a big decision for me and he said he is definitely going to stay faithful to me and I said, 'I am making a commitment to you and I am not going to change my decision.' I also told him that the faith aspect was the No. 1 reason I committed. Of course there are a million other reasons but faith is probably the No. 1 thing for me."

I find it flattering, frankly, that LSU is looking at poaching one of our recruits. The crazy thing is, I'm not terribly concerned about it.

Re: '14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Colorado)

What will be will be. I believe him at this point I also believe we are building a fire here at CU (MOAR COUCHES!!!!!) and more and more kids are going to want to be part of what is going on here. I also expect MM will get the kids that fits in with his style of play, and more importantly his culture. Whatever the stars and offers......I am starting to trust that if MM thinks a particular kid is right for CU, I will trust him. I love what I see so far. I hoped for a win and a team that looked better....but had no hope that he could make this immediate of an impact at CU. I think 4 to 5 years and CU will be in its first Rose Bowl.

Love the kool aid......nom nom nom

LSU still interested -

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/7647804-123/lsu-recruiting-saturday-showdown-on

look way down towards the end of the article-

Not worried

"Coach MacIntyre said that it is a big decision for me and he said he is definitely going to stay faithful to me and I said, 'I am making a commitment to you and I am not going to change my decision.' I also told him that the faith aspect was the No. 1 reason I committed. Of course there are a million other reasons but faith is probably the No. 1 thing for me."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1580042

"Right now, I'm just praying about it and trusting in God to help me make the right decision," Rodriguez said. "Right now I'm committed to Colorado and I'm sticking with that commitment. It feels right and it's a good fit, but I'm also considering LSU.

"I would love to go back and take an official if they invite me," Rodriguez said. "I didn't really get to see that much other than the stadium and the locker room after the game. That would be great to take an official visit there."

LSU lock if they offer.

If this kid flips after all he said about commitment, I'll be very disappointed. Commitment and keeping one's word is a big deal.

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Colorado)

C'mon Les do CU a favor and not offer. Close to home? Check. National power? Check. Amazing facilities? Check. Packed house full of crazy fans? Check.

Besides immediate playing time, better academics and the "Boulder mystique," CU is not the front runner if LSU offers.

FSU snooping around. Still no word on how his visit went this past weekend. LSU has an OV set up for OT Derrick Kelly (they offered last week, so maybe Rodriguez isn't "#1" on their board) out of FLA on 1/17. So it appears they will take an OT for sure

Last edited:
Still only 2 OL commits for LSU. It's only a 4 hour drive from Houston to Baton Rouge.

Back