What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Texas)

I really hope we keep him. I'd love to be wrong, but he seems to love LSU way too much to turn them down imo.

LSU offered him, let's just hope that he stays true to CU. He's certainly been vocal about loyalty and commitment.
I wonder if Mac would play that card? I'll be really disappointed if he flips given his promise that he is a "man of his word."

LSU offered him, let's just hope that he stays true to CU. He's certainly been vocal about loyalty and commitment.

Looks to me like our staff does recognize talent even when not a 4 star.... Hope Mr. R sticks! We need you big fella!

Another example of this staff recognizing talent. Stay with us Elijah!! You can play right away and be part of something very special.

Recent article in Rivals makes me think he is going to LSU. Speaking about Les Miles home visit:

"Their in-home visit let me know they were really serious about recruiting me and wanting me. I want to go to a place where they want me and I want them. It was a game changer."

Isn't this old news now?

Semper Gumby

It's a few days old now in terms of an update. The update's main point was that his Grandfather attends every game and lives to watch him play. That is now a big consideration. I've already moved on. LSU is a top 10 program, and I'm not sure HCMM, even with God on his side, can compete with Grandpa being able to participate. For the record, Miles comes off as a warm cuddly, folksy guy, but he's nothing like that.

Old news that he has been offered by LSU yes, but to my knowledge that he had an in-home visit by Les Miles that was a game changer is new news. At least it was news to me and was reported as such in Rivals yesterday.

C'mon grandpa. Sign up for the Pac-12 network and HCMM can send you game tape every week. You probably won't see Eli play at LSU as much as he'll play at CU anyway.

C'mon grandpa. Sign up for the Pac-12 network and HCMM can send you game tape every week. You probably won't see Eli play at LSU as much as he'll play at CU anyway.

and hell... in 2 years - the Buffs will be back on national television (not just the Pac-12 Network) and we should actually be competing, and winning! what?!?!

Has coach MacIntyre had his home visit yet?
if it comes down to swaying a grandparent I would bet on the sincerity of Mac over Miles. Especially if the have seen anyone of the sports illustrated article on OSU paying players under Miles watch.

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Colorado)

Are we allowed to sign up his grandpa to the pac 12 network? :)

Its a 4 hour drive to Baton Rouge from Houston. Including getting to and from the airports, its a 4 hour trip to Boulder. Give me a break on the family coming to the game stuff. Yeah, flying is a bit more pricey, but other than home games and, maybe Arkansas and aTm, they'd most likely have to fly to away games anyway.

sec.jpg

The trips, especially Utah, AZ and SoCal, from Houston, are not all that much different. And they are a helluva lot nicer places to go to, IMO.

Pac-12_map_OSU_medium.jpg

Last edited:
if it comes down to swaying a grandparent I would bet on the sincerity of Mac over Miles. Especially if the have seen anyone of the sports illustrated article on OSU paying players under Miles watch.

HCMM has not had the in-home yet. Could be that is what Rodriquez is waiting for. HCMM would play well with the parents and grandpa, but Grandpa can go to LSU home games and he ain't going to get to many CU home games. Unfair fight imo, unless Miles' true colors show thru. Oh Yeah, Miles was a choir boy when he coached under Mac1 at CU and didn't start cheating until he went to OSU. yeah.

Its a 4 hour drive to Baton Rouge from Houston. Including getting to and from the airports, its a 4 hour trip to Boulder. Give me a break on the family coming to the game stuff. Yeah, flying is a bit more pricey, but other than home games and, maybe Arkansas and aTm, they'd most likely have to fly to away games anyway.

sec.jpg

Perhaps he doesn't fly, can't afford to fly, or hates to fly. Plus you are ignoring the parking costs at the airport, the rental car in Denver, etc. A family can load up the SUV with some eats and lawn chairs and drive over to Baton Rouge in the morning and have a full day, much much cheaper.

Compare that cost (basically gas and groceries) to what it would cost for a family of 4 to fly 6 times a year. Jeez.

HCMM has not had the in-home yet. Could be that is what Rodriquez is waiting for. HCMM would play well with the parents and grandpa, but Grandpa can go to LSU home games and he ain't going to get to many CU home games. Unfair fight imo, unless Miles' true colors show thru. Oh Yeah, Miles was a choir boy when he coached under Mac1 at CU and didn't start cheating until he went to OSU. yeah.

You should probably move on, like you said you had earlier in the thread.

Perhaps he doesn't fly, can't afford to fly, or hates to fly. Plus you are ignoring the parking costs at the airport, the rental car in Denver, etc. A family can load up the SUV with some eats and lawn chairs and drive over to Baton Rouge in the morning and have a full day, much much cheaper.
Point is, if they want to attend all the games, they'll have to fly either way except aTm. Hell, even Arkansas is an 7 1/2 hour drive. Mississippi St., the next closest, is 8 1/2 hours.

Compare that cost (basically gas and groceries) to what it would cost for a family of 4 to fly 6 times a year. Jeez.
We need some SECesque alums to step up to the plate and, you know, make travel arrangements and costs a little more palatable, :lol:

At the very least, if he decommits and goes to LSU, the football gods owe us! :thumbsup:

Flying time from Houston to Denver is 2:20 starting at $118. A round trip to Baton Rouge, using $0.55 per mile, will cost you $300 in gas and wear/tear on your car. They'll have to stay in a hotel either way.

Last edited:
Supposedly he will have it in January but also Rodriguez is going back to LSU for his OV as well, so we'll see.

Maybe his grandpa would just prefer to go to BR 6-7 times a year over Boulder. That's not the winning argument to make.

Somehow I don't think this one is over yet.

It is an uphill battle considering that LSU is closer to home, a winning program, and Miles is a great snake-oil salesman.

On the other hand CU offers a better overall experience educationally and in terms of a place to spent 4-5 years of your life. He would have a much better chance to play early and be part of building something.

As was mentioned earlier with cheap airfares the difference in traveling to Boulder vs. Batton Rouge isn't that great and is a much more enjoyable place to go. Let's see how he reacts to his in-home with M2.

Let's also see how he responds to the fact that CU was in on him early and believed in him early on. Does his word in commiting to CU mean that much to him.

With some kids I'd say this thing is over and time to move on. In this case it will be tough but I wouldn't give up yet.

Maybe his grandpa would just prefer to go to BR 6-7 times a year over Boulder. That's not the winning argument to make.
Its all fun to kick around. Of course, I'm only half serious, the serious being I'd love to see him come here. I'm not hanging on his decision. Whatever he wants to do is all well and good. If he decides its better for him and his family to go there, I can't argue with that. I just think his grandpa needs to listen to a fellow senior citizen! :wink2:

Back