What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Texas)

Well, this does raise the point that perception is everything. It's not unreasonable to say that someone could tour both LSU and CU as a student and think that living in Louisiana would suck and that Boulder is more up their alley. Even if only 1% of athletes thought this way (I'm sure the number is much, much higher) that still means there's still plenty of like minded guys out there.

Coach McCartney actually recruited a fair number of players from Louisiana. So quite a few guys preferred Boulder. My roomate transferred from LSU, he didnt think much of it. I got the impression it wasn't the safeest campus. If facilities are your thing then it is defintely the place for you, but there is more to a school than facilities. I never really cared what my weightrooms looked like, you are there to work out not worry if they have spanish tile or berber carpet.

Coach McCartney actually recruited a fair number of players from Louisiana. So quite a few guys preferred Boulder. My roomate transferred from LSU, he didnt think much of it. I got the impression it wasn't the safeest campus. If facilities are your thing then it is defintely the place for you, but there is more to a school than facilities. I never really cared what my weightrooms looked like, you are there to work out not worry if they have spanish tile or berber carpet.
We should persue this discussion in much more detail on this board.

FSU too?! Kid has some serious loyalty if he stays with the Buffs. Kind of player we need in more ways than one. Hope he hangs in there with all these late suitors calling.

Yesterday, 09:36 AM #551
DBT
Just saw the Belichick accusation on Welker's hit on Taliban along with Bayless' comments. Gimme a break!

Make that the 20th

UT has 21 commits, but only 2 offensive linemen committed. It looks like a really weak 2014 class of O-linemen in Texas.

He's a Colorado commit until he isn't. I refuse to get bent out of shape when a team like LSU, UT, UCLA or UW comes calling on somebody we have committed. I view that as a sign that our coaches are doing their homework on these kids and getting in early. We can't have it both ways. We can't get pissed off at the lack of other BCS offers while simultaneously getting pissed off when other BCS schools make offers to our commits.

He's a Colorado commit until he isn't. I refuse to get bent out of shape when a team like LSU, UT, UCLA or UW comes calling on somebody we have committed. I view that as a sign that our coaches are doing their homework on these kids and getting in early. We can't have it both ways. We can't get pissed off at the lack of other BCS offers while simultaneously getting pissed off when other BCS schools make offers to our commits.

It's not the offer, it's the multiple trips after committing.

OK. So you're going to get pissed off that an 18-year old takes an all-expenses paid trip to Austin for the weekend? I'm struggling with why this is worth getting upset over.

'14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Colorado)

IIRC he turned down a trip to FSU and cancelled his trip to LSU. So this would be his first, and only, trip after committing.

OK. So you're going to get pissed off that an 18-year old takes an all-expenses paid trip to Austin for the weekend? I'm struggling with why this is worth getting upset over.

I'm not pissed off. I just think his verbal should be considered soft, at best. He's obviously listening to other schools.

They haven't listed an offer from texas yet so there is still hope. But if Texas does offer, I'm pretty sure we can say goodbye to him. Which sucks.

Elijah held strong when LSU and FSU offered. I'm not going to disrespect him by saying that I think he's going to turn his back on MacIntyre and CU this late in the process.

Rodriguez has been a solid commit to date, why should that change? He has a great opportunity to be part of a big turn around at CU with coaches that have been committed to him from the beginning. CU has a ton to offer. Bernardi has coached many players in the NFL. I am definitely biased; but it sure seems like he will make a bigger impact in college football at CU than at UT. CU is gearing up for a good run starting in 2015. Elijah stick with the Stampede.

Re: '14 TX OT Elijah Rodriguez (Verbal to Colorado)

Texas is probably going to ask if he wants to be a PWO.

Rodriguez has been a solid commit to date, why should that change? He has a great opportunity to be part of a big turn around at CU with coaches that have been committed to him from the beginning. CU has a ton to offer. Bernardi has coached many players in the NFL. I am definitely biased; but it sure seems like he will make a bigger impact in college football at CU than at UT. CU is gearing up for a good run starting in 2015. Elijah stick with the Stampede.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/88174-14-CA-ATH-Koa-Farmer-(Verbal-to-Penn-State)

Sweet! How would you like to start on your first day?

fire-wheelchair-o.gif

Back