What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TX RB Vic Enwere (Verbal to Cal)

Welp. Hopefully he takes some visits this fall and realizes being a big RB in the air raid probably won't be overly fun.

May have spoken too soon on the air raid RB thing..

SJSU 2012: 1475 rushing yards
LTech 2012: 2726 rushing yards

:lol:

May have spoken too soon on the air raid RB thing..

SJSU 2012: 1475 rushing yards
LTech 2012: 2726 rushing yards

:lol:

the whole "Bear Raid" thing, contrary to popular [internet fan] beliefs, isn't skewed toward throwing. more 50/50 split, not to mention La.Tech's true frosh RB put up 1200 yards last season

on the plus side for Colorado, you guys picked up a potentially good back in Michael Adkins for 2013, and looks like you guys are in good shape with Kalen Ballage for 2014 right?

the whole "Bear Raid" thing, contrary to popular [internet fan] beliefs, isn't skewed toward throwing. more 50/50 split, not to mention La.Tech's true frosh RB put up 1200 yards last season

on the plus side for Colorado, you guys picked up a potentially good back in Michael Adkins for 2013, and looks like you guys are in good shape with Kalen Ballage for 2014 right?

no

yes and no.

Yes, Michael Adkins was a late emerger and I expect him to be a very, very good back at CU with time.

No, we are not in good shape with kalen Ballage. I think we have a chance, and it will come down to the end, even if he early commits. But by no means do we have an early edge. I think we will be in it at the end though.

While we need RBs every year (at least one), I don't feel like we are recruiting for need right now. With that said, deep football teams always have a few guys emerge for early PT and that is certainly a possibility with any young RB here at CU.

Welp. Hopefully he takes some visits this fall and realizes being a big RB in the air raid probably won't be overly fun.

La Tech ran for 227 yards a game last year, good for 17th in FBS, and had FORTY SEVEN rushing TDs. It isn't Mike Leach's offense.

I think both offenses can showcase an RB. This ain't over if we can get him here on a visit.

yes and no.

Yes, Michael Adkins was a late emerger and I expect him to be a very, very good back at CU with time.

No, we are not in good shape with kalen Ballage. I think we have a chance, and it will come down to the end, even if he early commits. But by no means do we have an early edge. I think we will be in it at the end though.

While we need RBs every year (at least one), I don't feel like we are recruiting for need right now. With that said, deep football teams always have a few guys emerge for early PT and that is certainly a possibility with any young RB here at CU.

a few Cal fans are puzzled why we're not offering Ballage purely for his freak athleticism (good student too). but, scholly spots are limited, and can't say Ballage is even interested in Cal..

Officially offered by michigan a couple days ago and will now take a visit to UM

They could use the help. They are struggling. Hoke isn't the answer

Semper Gumby

Maybe with Enwere they could score 15 points in the game instead of 9. The PAC 12 seems like it would be a lot better conference for a offensive player than the B1G, the B1G just plays boring football.

That he is takng an ov means hes not sold on cal and yesterday porobably didnt help.

Maybe we are still in on him. Although with adkins powell dotson and lindsay (i include lindsay bc of hcmm's recent comments) RB is not a big worry in my opinion

That he is takng an ov means hes not sold on cal and yesterday porobably didnt help.

Maybe we are still in on him. Although with adkins powell dotson and lindsay (i include lindsay bc of hcmm's recent comments) RB is not a big worry in my opinion

Until we are consistently winning games against the majority of our opponents I don't think we can say that any position isn't a big worry.

I like the backs we have but each has some question marks.

Powell is powerfull but lacks speed and elusiveness, he has also had a hard time staying healthy

Adkins has had some flashes but not yet shown he can be the guy consistently

Dotson looks like a step up but isn't even here yet.

Lindsay may give us speed and quickness but is small.

A guy like Enwere would have a legitimate opportunity to compete and contribute early based on what we have seen.

According to this article, Enwere doesn't mention CU as a school still in contact with him:

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2013/11/2...golden-bears-tcu-horned-frogs-missouri-tigers
My guess is HCMM is satisfied with our stable of RB's especially in light of our other deficiencies with relatively few spaces left in this class. Personally, unless it is a "can't miss" athlete like Ballage, I would prefer we look at our lines and WR situation and maybe another TE

No mention of CU in this new article, but it's clear that HCMM's best pitch would include a focus on academics at CU. That and he doesn't sound very firm in his commitment.

The article is behind the pay wall (http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...re-planning-on-success-beyond-the-5085205.php), so I'll just include some of the key items.

"At the end of the day, football will end," Enwere said. "You want to be able to have an outlet to continue your success in life without football. Any little bit of an edge you can get is that much more of a help.

"Vic is as good a running back as I've ever coached," Schreiber said. "I've been fortunate to coach about eight or nine who have been really good. He's going to break tackles and run through some things. But the thing that separates Vic from being just a big back is that he is fast. He has legitimate 4.4 speed."

Planning for the future
Cal's recent struggles have not made Enwere second-guess his choice. From his experience at Austin, he's learned he has familiarity with Cal's philosophies. The opportunity to contribute as a true freshman also makes it the preferred option.

"You can't live off of somebody else's legacy," Enwere said. "Whether they had a bad season or a great season, your personal legacy depends on how you respond."

Decision not set in stone
Despite his loyalty to Cal, Enwere has not shut down his recruitment.

He made a trip to the Michigan campus earlier in December and praised the atmosphere in what he said was "all in all a good visit."
"Being committed to Cal, he wanted to have something to compare it," Schreiber said. "I don't think that he's wavering on his commitment. It's just if you're going to be comfortable, you need something to compare it to."

The opportunity to make comparisons will arrive soon. Enwere is scheduled to visit Berkeley, Calif., for the first time in January.
The trip could end up being the deciding factor, and a change of heart is not out of the question.

"There's always a chance for you to change your mind in any decision no matter how sure you think you are," he said. "There is always somewhat of a possibility. I don't know if anything will change that, but it's possible. Right now, I'm happy with where I'm at."

Enwere has to know Mixon is going to Cal. How dykes is recruiting two studs for that abortion of an offense is impressive

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back