What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 AZ OT Cade Cote (Verbal to ASU)

Grayshirting guys who won't be strong enough to take reps in fall of their freshman year is a good idea. Miller fits that category. He would have been sitting on the sideline or have been knocked on his butt.

Grayshirting guys who won't be strong enough to take reps in fall of their freshman year is a good idea. Miller fits that category. He would have been sitting on the sideline or have been knocked on his butt.

Fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different poster on this board who is much closer to the situation but Miller coming out of HS was very light for his frame.

If I'm not mistaken he was both a late developer who grew a lot in the later part of HS and also had some injury issues in HS that limited his time in the weight room.

Some HS kids are resistant but I'm a big believer that for a lot of developmental kids the grayshirt is a big help. By giving up a fall with the team they gain an extra year of potential eligibility since they aren't physically developed enough to truly compete as true freshmen anyways.

The also gain a spring training season before their true freshman year which can be huge in terms of getting S&C work and individual coaching. In the fall the position coaches are so tied up with recruiting and coaching the guys in their position groups who are playing Saturdays they don't have much time for the young guys. In spring they have the time to work on the technique issues and on developing a basic foundation that lets the kids get a lot more out of their RS year.

I would expect that if they can get Cote to flip they are likely to ask one of the other OL recruits to greyshirt. The logical choice would be one of the HS D-line kids who they are planning on moving to OL who would benefit more from the extra time.

Different poster on this board who is much closer to the situation but Miller coming out of HS was very light for his frame.

If I'm not mistaken he was both a late developer who grew a lot in the later part of HS and also had some injury issues in HS that limited his time in the weight room.

you are mistaken. Miller has always been tall. He didn't have injury issues, he had mono.

The grayshirt will help him a lot. And a redshirt will probably also do him some good. As you point out, he has a big frame. He should make a very solid OT. I wouldn't expect to see him on the field before 2017, though.

you are mistaken. Miller has always been tall. He didn't have injury issues, he had mono.

The grayshirt will help him a lot. And a redshirt will probably also do him some good. As you point out, he has a big frame. He should make a very solid OT. I wouldn't expect to see him on the field before 2017, though.

And this is part of why I love the GS for him.

Had he come in this fall he would be using his RS year this season. As you state he probably isn't going to be ready next year either so he would spend his RS Fr. year on the bench and likely his soph season before playing as a jr. and sr.

With the GS everything gets moved back one year. If things work out like we hope he can start getting playing time as a soph and be a solid starter for the following two years.

Personally I think greyshirts should go for all offensive and some defensive lineman unless they are at their full playing size already. I know it has helped Lisella tremendously and has basically two redshirts year to get to the weight he needs to be and it looks like he will. That gives him four years to play at his desired size instead of two or three.

Sacky - I think you missed it but Isaac suffered a shoulder injury in early 2014 and after trying the rest regiment that Team Doc recommended, he had to go under the knife. Isaac is in rehab and essentially lost a year of S&C between mono and the injury/surgery/rehab. Unlike Lisella, Isaac won't have had those gains during the GS year, but will at least have kept him from using his RS year. He's a few years away but he's going to be really good.

Sacky - I think you missed it but Isaac suffered a shoulder injury in early 2014 and after trying the rest regiment that Team Doc recommended, he had to go under the knife. Isaac is in rehab and essentially lost a year of S&C between mono and the injury/surgery/rehab. Unlike Lisella, Isaac won't have had those gains during the GS year, but will at least have kept him from using his RS year. He's a few years away but he's going to be really good.

i wasn't aware of the shoulder injury. Thanks for the clarification. I think you and I are biased, but I agree that he'll be a good player in a few years.

i wasn't aware of the shoulder injury. Thanks for the clarification. I think you and I are biased, but I agree that he'll be a good player in a few years.

That's three of us in agreement. Holic is much closer to the situation than the rest of us are but my impression is that he is one of those kids who matures late physically but who is going to be a real athlete on the OL.

As important I get the impression that he is also one of those guys who is just quality in terms of attitude and effort, a guy who is a leader by example.

I hope I am right because if I am we are going to enjoy watching him a great deal.

I think bottom line there could be reason to add the bodies we want, and make it happen without creating a massive pop in lineman in this year. Some could potentially be spread into the next cycle.

I tell you one thing if Cade did officially flip the worry of having a weak lines that has permeated Buff talk the past few years is going to be officially dead. Honestly, getting the guys onboard we already have should be enough to make the discussion dead. A flip here but would outright banish it for at least a couple years.

I tell you one thing if Cade did officially flip the worry of having a weak lines that has permeated Buff talk the past few years is going to be officially dead. Honestly, getting the guys onboard we already have should be enough to make the discussion dead. A flip here but would outright banish it for at least a couple years.

The fact that he is commited to another PAC12 school not named Washington State or Utah and that he has had interest from other PAC12 schools would make a flip very significant. I would send a message that Colorado is starting to get back into the game.

I want him because I think he can help us win. I also want him because we need to start winning some recruiting battles and this would say we are competing.

The fact that he is commited to another PAC12 school not named Washington State or Utah and that he has had interest from other PAC12 schools would make a flip very significant. I would send a message that Colorado is starting to get back into the game.

I want him because I think he can help us win. I also want him because we need to start winning some recruiting battles and this would say we are competing.

Not to mention that a flip here would mean that we don't have to play against him for 4 years within our division. I think that he's going to be a player in this league, it's just a matter of who he is suiting up for. I'd much rather have him in the black and gold than maroon, yellow, and flame helmets...

Back