What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 AZ WR Justin Jan (Signed to COLORADO)

I don't mind the risk on a player with that size, especially with him coming from Chandler. Definite redshirt I would think.

He had a very good QB throwing to him this year, Bryce Perkins, 3 star who committed to ASU very early in the process.
Regardless, watching those highlights he seems like a TD machine. Great in redzone but also lots of YAC TDs too. Obviously the defenses were not Pac 12 caliber. Not sure he is a RS candidate. IMHO he has the potential to be of value next year, but more as a receiver than a blocking TE.

Regardless, watching those highlights he seems like a TD machine. Great in redzone but also lots of YAC TDs too. Obviously the defenses were not Pac 12 caliber. Not sure he is a RS candidate. IMHO he has the potential to be of value next year, but more as a receiver than a blocking TE.

Yeah, if we struggled to attack the seam as others have said then Jan fills that need.

Those highlights are against some pretty good competition. Several against Valor, who they handled with ease.

Just watched his senior highlights. Either Jan is getting completely looked over or we are missing something here. He is blowing by guys in his highlights.

Just watched his senior highlights. Either Jan is getting completely looked over or we are missing something here. He is blowing by guys in his highlights.

He was overlooked. Played behind a senior as a junior and didn't have a lot on tape.

He was overlooked. Played behind a senior as a junior and didn't have a lot on tape.

:nod:

The dirty little secret about recruiting is that most of the offers and service ratings are based on how good a prospect looked during his junior season.

Have to say he is one of the guys I am really excited to see playing in a Buff Uni. I see good things for the offense if Sefo gets a little more time to throw.

Have to say he is one of the guys I am really excited to see playing in a Buff Uni. I see good things for the offense if Sefo gets a little more time to throw.

If the O-line can give sefo an average of +1sec on passing plays, I think we see a big leap in his productivity. Too many plays blew up before he finished his drop back and he had to scramble and throw against the grain, or lock on to his hot read because he had no time to check down. A bit more time is all he needs I think. A big receiver like Jan will really make life so much easier.

Really like his senior tape.

I noticed he put all his TDs at the beginning of the highlight tape, which is a smart move. I counted 18 TDs, all of which were from variety of routes and distances. Other than his size, his best attribute is his knowledge to get North and South after the catch. Very physical, good blocker, good athleticism for his size and great hands. Comparisons have been made to Tyler M. I think he is more athletic than Gucci, so used in a similar role, he should do extremely well.

Again, great hands on highlite tapes means zilch. But I do like this kid. Just saying.

Had he simply been catching everything that hit him, in stride, in the chest, then I would agree. However, there are certain things you can look for in the highlights when "evaluating" this. Things such as laying out for a catch, making over the shoulder grabs, going down to the ground and securing it, as well as catching it away from his body rather than letting it get to his pads, are all great indicators of his ability. There were many instances like these in the highlights and you don't catch 18 TDs by accident.

And I've seen many instances of highlite tapes where kids did all those thing right and still didn't have great hands.
But your point that he uses solid fundamentals and is well coached is a good one.

And I've seen many instances of highlite tapes where kids did all those thing right and still didn't have great hands.
But your point that he uses solid fundamentals and is well coached is a good one.

Fair enough. Not trying to compare him to Odell Beckham Jr. or anything but I think we should all be able to agree that that fact he plays WR/TE for one of the premier AZ power houses, it's a good indication that he can catch the football just fine. Should work the seams and middle of the field perfectly in this offense.

Back