What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA ATH Dwayne Parchment (Verbal to San Diego State)

How would I know? Glad I could provide a laugh...

But to that point, and since I was too lazy to run sarcasm font when I first wrote that, I'll opine further about this trend where we compete with a Mountain West school for recruits.

I think it's going to be fairly common to see the CU staff offering a player and have a Boise offer show up very soon after, and the other way around for guys they offer early. Our fanbase is rightfully afraid when we see the Boise name because of the road that took us down from December of 2005 onward. But while we ultimately won't be setting our ceiling to recruiting at their level forever and being satisfied with it, they became the program they are because they had to get an edge in evaluating talent that the big name schools in the northwest weren't closing and they've won big doing that for more than a decade. Some of the coaching staff there are Boise lifers and they are very well connected out west, and now they are a mid-major who is competing and often even winning battles against Oregon State and Washington State, occasionally even Washington. If CU could similarly close on, say, recruits from the state of California who USC or Stanford didn't have room for but OSU and WSU gave committable offers, we would move into the middle tier of the Pac-12 sooner rather than later.

Buuuuuuuuuuut if Dick Tharp really was trying to troll us one more time by having his kid who works in the Boise AD poach our recruits then I'd have a hearty chuckle about it and then tell him to go **** a cactus for helping to arrest our development in the athletic arms race.

Good luck to you guys on this one. Glad to see both our schools making his final cut. I've got my fingers crossed that he might end up a Bronco, though from reading through the thread it looks like you guys definitely got the jump here and been on him longer. If he doesn't choose us, I hope he signs on with you Buffs.

Btw, I found the reference to us offering everybody Colorado offers amusing. From the point of view of the BroncoCountry bunch it's the other way around but we certainly do seem to be fishing in the same recruiting lake pretty often in recent years. I think this year Colorado has definitely been first to the punch with recruits more often than the Broncos have, but that it has been the other way around in previous years.

Adam already said we're still recruiting him hard

Gracias. A few more tidbits of information from my end.

Boise State is recruiting Parchment at CB, a position where we currently have two commits and three graduating seniors. It is likely that if another CB commits before Parchment makes his decision, Boise State will be done recruiting at CB and will be out of this race. It's not certain because our new coaching staff is believed to be moving from a 4-3 defense to a 4-2-5 defense so possibly we would take a fourth CB but I think it unlikely. I think it more likely that we wanted to see if we could land Josh Butler first and when we lost out on him started putting a harder full court press on Parchment.

Also, according to Brandon Huffman of Scout, Parchment grew up with current Boise State commit Damion Wright and they played on the same 7v7 team. Don't know how significant a factor that is to Parchment but I thought I'd pass it along.

Reactions: aik
Good luck to you guys on this one. Glad to see both our schools making his final cut. I've got my fingers crossed that he might end up a Bronco, though from reading through the thread it looks like you guys definitely got the jump here and been on him longer. If he doesn't choose us, I hope he signs on with you Buffs.

Btw, I found the reference to us offering everybody Colorado offers amusing. From the point of view of the BroncoCountry bunch it's the other way around but we certainly do seem to be fishing in the same recruiting lake pretty often in recent years. I think this year Colorado has definitely been first to the punch with recruits more often than the Broncos have, but that it has been the other way around in previous years.

To be fair, with Hawk and JE I'm not sure they had a clue about recruiting. I think our coach now is a much better coach and a much better talent evaluator. I'm sure he had to move into a different class of kids he can approach as the coach of a PAC 12 school than a WAC school, and that takes time to build those relationships. I am very interested to see how the team and recruiting progress matures in the next few years. I like where it is trending. Now to see if our season can get us a 4 star or two.

Feel like Boise should try harder on these Photoshops

[tweet]499027343013191681[/tweet]

Feel like Boise should try harder on these Photoshops

[tweet]499027343013191681[/tweet]

This makes me so tempted to encourage Buff fans to send him farks of that. :lol:

Don't do it, guys. Seriously. Close the Photoshop, put down the bong, and back away from the computer.

Back