What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA ATH Jay Jay Wilson (Verbal to Arizona State)

h/t to SD Buff for the find (article is from today)

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1713452

"Arizona State and Utah came by the school last week to visit me," Wilson said. "I'm going to take my first official visit this weekend to Utah and then I'm going to visit ASU the first weekend we can take visits in January I think."

The Pac-12 South foes are the only two schools locked in official visits for Wilson, but he said Colorado is also a good possibility and he continues to talk to a wide range of schools including Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, UCLA and USC.

Regardless of qualifying concerns - should be brought in on a visit for a sign and follow at a minimum. He keeps mentioning CU in his updates.

Regardless of qualifying concerns - should be brought in on a visit for a sign and follow at a minimum. He keeps mentioning CU in his updates.
Exactly. He seems to like CU, no reason not to get him on campus.

"For sure [I will visit] Colorado. They were my first offer, so I owe them that much," he said.

"I owe them that much"?? I don't know if I should be excited because he seems to be loyal to the first school that offered, or sad because he's treating CU like a charity case by coming to visit. I hope an official visit would really help our chances but he seems to be more interested in the bigger programs.

"I owe them that much"?? I don't know if I should be excited because he seems to be loyal to the first school that offered, or sad because he's treating CU like a charity case by coming to visit. I hope an official visit would really help our chances but he seems to be more interested in the bigger programs.

It's a high school kid in a media interview. Probably hard to explain continued interest in CU in the face of interest from certain programs, given recent records and public perception. It sounds like he really has a good relationship with our coaches and likes a lot about CU.

Cough! Cough! :rolling_eyes:

And again Allbuffs freaks out over an unplanned, of the cuff, neutral comment from a 17-18 year old HS kid.

To me the comment means nothing other than he hasn't discarded CU from consideration. Get him to Boulder, let the coaches talk to him, and then see what happens. If he is non-commital and neutral after that then we worry but right now what matters is to get him in for a visit.

Sounds like we backed off. Hopefully that changes in January, kid is a monster. At the very worst, sign and follow. Take a flyer and recruit this kid.

Once Tini says we've cooled on him and there's 0% chance he gets here, I'll get my hopes up.

We backed off after knowing for months he was a qualifying risk. Top notch.

Well, it's possible that he had a chance to get his grades/test scores up this semester, so they stayed on him, but that didn't happen, so.

Well, it's possible that he had a chance to get his grades/test scores up this semester, so they stayed on him, but that didn't happen, so.

I'd give you a pretty good chance of being right. For a program that needs an infusion of talent it's worth keeping doors open on kids like this. Had he taken care of business we would have been in position for an athlete who could make our class notably better.

So visits to ASU and CU.... Visited Utah, which has no DC now. Maybe Oregon State gets some consideration?

Top of the list type of recruit for us right now (assuming he can get in).

Last edited:
Visits on 1/24/2015, Men's basketball plays Washington State at 6pm. Hopefully Coors is rocking after a strong showing on our Utah/Arizona road trip.

Seriously need him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So visits to ASU and CU.... Visited Utah, which has no DC now. Maybe Oregon State gets some consideration?

Top of the list type of recruit for us right now (assuming he can get in).
If he qualifies I have no doubt we'll accept him. Want.

Back