What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA ATH Jay Jay Wilson (Verbal to Arizona State)

I had never heard of blueshirting before. If I was a player, there's no way I would accept such an offer. Way too risky. You don't know if the team goes and recruits another player and kicks you to the curb. If you're getting a blue shirt offer, you have to figure you are considered a marginal recruit by that school to begin with. If that's the case, they won't have any issue cutting you loose if another kid catches their eye.

I know it's USC, but that's not an offer I'd take if I had any other offers. And if USC is offering a blue shirt, you'll have plenty of no-shirt offers to choose from.

I had never heard of blueshirting before. If I was a player, there's no way I would accept such an offer. Way too risky. You don't know if the team goes and recruits another player and kicks you to the curb. If you're getting a blue shirt offer, you have to figure you are considered a marginal recruit by that school to begin with. If that's the case, they won't have any issue cutting you loose if another kid catches their eye.

I know it's USC, but that's not an offer I'd take if I had any other offers. And if USC is offering a blue shirt, you'll have plenty of no-shirt offers to choose from.

USC this year may actually be a bit of a special case since they're coming off the NCAA penalties and would need to use blue shirts to get to an 85-man roster. So possibly less risk. Still a risk I wouldn't want my son to take, though, so I agree with you.

Never heard of it either, didn't know it existed. All I do know is we need this guy, we need to get a visit somehow, someway.

Sounds exactly like what Scotty McKnight did here.

Except Scotty McKnight's dad and Hawkins were very close (played college ball together, I believe). There was no way Hawkins wasn't going to honor any sort of "handshake agreement", assuming this was the case with Scotty's scholarship situation.

Except Scotty McKnight's dad and Hawkins were very close (played college ball together, I believe). There was no way Hawkins wasn't going to honor any sort of "handshake agreement", assuming this was the case with Scotty's scholarship situation.

But it is the same thing...The other schools are not looking to break their word either. USC certainly has the room.

JAY JAY is the guy I want, who we do not have yet. Besides, we have history with a great JJ from the past.... Name works in Buff land.

Give us a good hard look when you are here Jay Jay. Want you to be a Buff!

Just recently watched his senior highlights and he had a surprising amount of wiggle for a bigger guy. Still absolutely wrecks clowns on defense, so he would warrant a look there, but he's an offensive weapon as well.

There are very few things that are more awesome than Colorado snow to someone who has not experienced much of it. Good news....it will be sunny and gone in a couple of days, before the magic starts all over again.

Let's hope this is a flight delay or other airport hassle:

[tweet]561962223401066496[/tweet]

Michigan may roll in with an offer soon, just don't know what type

Back