What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA OLB NJ Falo (Signed to COLORADO)

Just talked to Inderkum coach Terry Stark, he spoke with N.J. and confirmed the commitment. I'll get his quotes up in a story over on BuffZone.com. He said CU's staff likely saw N.J. as an eighth-grader when the were recruiting his older brother Nate to San Jose State. N.J. has a younger brother who is 6-4, 200 and was a standout on the freshman team.

Cue the nattering nabobs: But he doesn't have other P12 offers...blah, blah. I like it. Kid looks the part and the staff is clearly working it. Sounds great to me, welcome aboard NJ.

From Rivals NorCalpreps

From June:
Strengths: Falo has grown in a very good way in recent months and he's probably not done growing, either. Not too long ago he had more of a safety's build, but he has recently come into his own on a physical level and the sky really is the limit.

In fact, the way he's growing it's possible he could wind up as a rush end coming off the edge of the line. He reacts well and has good awareness in the middle of the field on defense and he hasn't really lost any quickness as he's put on weight.

Weaknesses: We don't often say this but it's difficult to poke any holes in Falo's game. Part of that is due to the fact that he's still such a work in progress and it's tough to tell where he will end up.

But in terms of size, strength, quickness and smarts, he's got it all.

Now, should he end up on the line then size is likely something he's going to work against to some degree, but at the very least he could be a situational pass-rusher.

Falo hasn't stepped up into a starring role but that happens this coming year and we'll see how he handles that.

Bottom Line: Falo is likely to be a hybrid DE/OLB type and where he projects will largely depend on who is talking to him. Some schools will say linebacker, others defensive end.

Falo will probably be one of the most athletic and skills front-seven players in the region next year.

Last edited:
SD - That looks like the ESPN Insider format. You guys can get to it by following the ESPN link in the OP and just 1 click from there.

Always an honor to be the first Buff in the class! Make sure your little brother gets lots of CU bling to wear also!

Welcome! Always love the first to pop.

I also heard that Troy Palamalu is jealous of the hair.

Great news! Obviously a priority target and this helps set the tone for 2015. Welcome aboard!

Here's my offering with quotes from N.J. and coach Terry Stark. CU's staff obviously has fans in the Falo household.

http://bit.ly/LOlhcX

First and foremost, welcome to the BnG NJ! Great article NotKyle and from the sounds of the quotes, this is a pretty solid commit as it sits today. This kid and family sound like they are huge fans of the staff and Coach MikeMac. Worth the time to click this link.

I get the impression that we are building some momentum for '15. Hope so.

:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5:

Hell yeah! Welcome to the Black and gold!

Go out and help us recruit California!!!

Kyle's article makes me more optimistic that he will stick to his commitment. He seems like a very respectful kid and has a strong reason to pick CU based on a longer relationship with the staff and a big brother who encouraged this too.

Based on video and his status already, wouldn't be surprised to see him being a 4 star when it's said and done. Welcome aboard NJ! Way to start out the 2015 class with a bang.

Love to see this. Family ties! Anyone on that team that he can persuade to come to CU as well? That Sac area is going to be a nice area for us.

I'll say it because none of the rest of you guys has the guts to - Reminds me of Troy Polamalu.

Don't you mean the sack? Sack, guts, whatever. I do like the pickup tho, need some good news around here.

Welcome! Always love the first to pop.

I also heard that Troy Polamalu is jealous of the hair.

I'll say it because none of the rest of you guys has the guts to - Reminds me of Troy Polamalu.

ummm.... Anyway, I limited my comparison to the hair because (1) I hate comparing athletes just because they are the same race (that white WR could be the next [Wes Welker/Scotty McNight]) (Polamalu is of Samonan decent; is Falo?] and (2) Polamalu is a 5'10", 210 lb DB, while Falo is a 6'3" 225 lb DE/OLB.

So other than the hair, I don't really see the similarity.

ummm.... Anyway, I limited my comparison to the hair because (1) I hate comparing athletes just because they are the same race (that white WR could be the next [Wes Welker/Scotty McNight]) (Polamalu is of Samonan decent; is Falo?] and (2) Polamalu is a 5'10", 210 lb DB, while Falo is a 6'3" 225 lb DE/OLB.

So other than the hair, I don't really see the similarity.
Dude is a safety.

Back