What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA QB Kyle Kearns (Verbal to Wake Forest)

Boy, I hope our coaches know what they're doing. This is a game of musical chairs, and everybody is scrambling for the last couple seats.

Not sure how to type this without coming across as "dickish" ... but wasn't that impressed with Kearns on Sunday. Granted, I didn't see a lot, but enough.

has CU offered? if so will he choose CU and the idea of playing in the Pac 12 over the 'relationship' he has developed with Coach Sparkles in the Fort?

Not sure, but the timing is obvious. I'm guessing MM told Kearns we were moving on-----> Bowers or Montez

Timeline: came to camp, did not get an offer, committed to SMU.

:nod:

I know from a good source that the coaches were hoping to be wowed by Kearns. It didn't happen. Kearns didn't have the best QB performance on Sunday of the guys who threw. May not have been 2nd best.

I still think he's going to be a good player in college. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he did very well for June Jones within that system. And you really couldn't play for a better guy than June. I'm sure he'll have a great college experience there.

:nod:

I know from a good source that the coaches were hoping to be wowed by Kearns. It didn't happen. Kearns didn't have the best QB performance on Sunday of the guys who threw. May not have been 2nd best.

I still think he's going to be a good player in college. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he did very well for June Jones within that system. And you really couldn't play for a better guy than June. I'm sure he'll have a great college experience there.

Haha, us in the islands know a few stories regarding June that would contradict this off the football field. But on it, you are right.

Haha, us in the islands know a few stories regarding June that would contradict this off the football field. But on it, you are right.

Everyone has his skeletons.

I remember when Jeff George flamed out of the NFL following his blow-ups with June Jones, there were a lot of media folks and NFL coaches/players/execs making statements to the effect of: "If a QB can't get along with June, he can't get along with anyone." Definitely has a rep as one of the best to work under at that position.

So Bowers and Montez are now our more realistic targets? Is Jones totally out of reach now or is that what everyone's secretly hoping for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how to type this without coming across as "dickish" ... but wasn't that impressed with Kearns on Sunday. Granted, I didn't see a lot, but enough.
Well apparently HCMM & Lindgren share your impression.

So Bowers and Montez are now our more realistic targets? Is Jones totally out of reach now or is that what everyone's secretly hoping for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm (probably stupidly) holding out hope for the Jones/Darnold level guys. But wouldn't be shocked if Buffs wound up getting Bowers or Montez. Sure they're fine players, but don't seem as exciting as the others.

I gotta say, I really like the vibe that the consensus is that this kid will be a good college QB... but that the staff passed on him for someone better.

Do these comments say anything. This is from an interview he did on Scout. “I visited Colorado and that was pretty much the school I would have chosen if I liked it. I just didn’t feel the same way as in Dallas. Coach June Jones just has such a reputation to his name in that Run-n-Shoot offense that I fit into very well,” Kearns said. “He doesn’t waiver on the type of quarterback he likes. He knows what wins them games and they never waivered with me.

Crazy that a 4* QB is unranked nationally and only has offers from SMU, Wake Forest and UC Davis. What gives?

Gonna guess Wake Forest bound after his visit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crazy that a 4* QB is unranked nationally and only has offers from SMU, Wake Forest and UC Davis. What gives?

This ies the exact reason that you should never look at stars.
only look at height, weight, and how fast he can run 40yards

Back