What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA RB Donald Gordon (Signed to COLORADO)

I can't help but to feel really freaked out that Duff knows something we don't about this.

We freak out easily. On top of that, we create things to freak out over.

Ain't that the truth.

There's rarely a good reason to worry about a de-commit unless he starts setting up other visits. It's a testament to how highly you guys think of Gordon that you're freaking out within 24 hours of him committing despite him having no other P5 offers and no visits scheduled.

Amazing the capacity to find reasons to stress out after getting good news. :lol:

Ain't that the truth.

There's rarely a good reason to worry about a de-commit unless he starts setting up other visits. It's a testament to how highly you guys think of Gordon that you're freaking out within 24 hours of him committing despite him having no other P5 offers and no visits scheduled.

Amazing the capacity to find reasons to stress out after getting good news. :lol:

What have you heard? It sounds like you know something!

Welcome to the Black and Gold!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mvlosaiCez1sgyhbuo1_500.gif

I'm super excited with Gordon. Can't wait to see him on the field.

I was wondering where the "freak out" talk was coming from. So I looked back through the thread. I'm not sure there's really any freaking out taking place.

Started with Flounder reporting on the updated star rating

4* 80 now on ESPN. #35 RB nationally.

Which led to the inevitable snarky comment that we got a player that's not a hidden gem.

so he is no longer a hidden gem?

Then, I think a reasonable comment from Flounder (I know, right?)
All hands on deck to hold him

And a plea. (still a long way from a freak out)
Please let us hold on to this one.

Then a bit of info that might, actually lead to a bit of a freak out...
Talked to Donald last week, nice kid. Talked to his offensive coordinator last night, I'll get that typed up. They keep his touches to 20 or fewer, so there's not a lot of wear on the tires ... to use a terrible analogy. Sounds like UCLA has shown a lot of interest, but not sure they'll offer.

Followed by a reasonable question.

Would he be tempted by a UCLA offer? Or is this a pretty solid verbal?

Followed by a reasonable answer that could, in fact, lead to some freaking out (but didn't)

Have to figure any time a young man playing in Southern California has interest from UCLA, they'd possibly jump at an offer. The OC said he thinks Colorado is a good fit for Gordon and he believes the RB will be able to contribute early. There might be some holding on here until February.

And another reasonable concern that falls very, very short from freaking out.
That is what scares me. Feb is a long time away.

And then this...

What's the worry about holding on here?

Nobody ever expressed a worry about holding on. Nowhere was it stated that we are in serious jeopardy of losing this commitment. It's been a lot of celebration, tempered with some realization that we're not across the finish line yet. That's it.

I, for one, am thrilled at the commitment.

Did I, or did I not throw out the magical unicorn of justice on page 1.

I was wondering where the "freak out" talk was coming from. So I looked back through the thread. I'm not sure there's really any freaking out taking place.

Started with Flounder reporting on the updated star rating

Which led to the inevitable snarky comment that we got a player that's not a hidden gem.

Then, I think a reasonable comment from Flounder (I know, right?)

And a plea. (still a long way from a freak out)

Then a bit of info that might, actually lead to a bit of a freak out...

Followed by a reasonable question.

Followed by a reasonable answer that could, in fact, lead to some freaking out (but didn't)

And another reasonable concern that falls very, very short from freaking out.

And then this...

Nobody ever expressed a worry about holding on. Nowhere was it stated that we are in serious jeopardy of losing this commitment. It's been a lot of celebration, tempered with some realization that we're not across the finish line yet. That's it.

I, for one, am thrilled at the commitment.

and that bitches is how you multi-quote

And how many of you guys are now stuck with the song I posted trapped in your heads? lol

and that bitches is how you multi-quote

Agreed. Such a simple concept that seems to stiffle most. Bravo Sack, nice recap.

I'm excited for this guy. Seems pretty electric with good balance. The vision is something we haven't seen in a while. I hope we aren't getting blown smoke due to the level of competition.

I won't worry about keeping him until after a visit to another school is set up. Do we have a visit set up yet?

Gordon's offensive coordinator:

“[The Buffs] run the ball, so that’s a good marriage. He’s an every-down back, he can run it down hill and he’s not afraid to stick his nose in there. He’s caught a few passes for us. Last year we didn’t really throw him the ball, this year we’ve kind of worked on that. Throwing him the ball in the flats, down field a little bit, trying to get him accustomed to the variations of what it’ll be like in college.”

Really need to hold on to him. Program turning recruit.

Really need to hold on to him. Program turning recruit.

A bit of a hyperbole. No one guy (except perhaps the best QB in the country) is a program turning recruit, but we should be really happy to get him. Also, you obviously weren't around to experience the Darrell Scott saga.

A bit of a hyperbole. No one guy (except perhaps the best QB in the country) is a program turning recruit, but we should be really happy to get him. Also, you obviously weren't around to experience the Darrell Scott saga.

I was in the locker room the first day DScott moved to boulder. At the time I was playing COD on the xbox with a small player my height 5'6" at the time, and I asked him if it was Darrell(the only player I knew in the 07 class) he turned and said "yeah he guh, but I'm gonna be bettuh". That was all he said the entire time we played we played. Little did I know but that was freshman Rodney Stewart.

I was in the locker room the first day DScott moved to boulder. At the time I was playing COD on the xbox with a small player my height 5'6" at the time, and I asked him if it was Darrell(the only player I knew in the 07 class) he turned and said "yeah he guh, but I'm gonna be bettuh". That was all he said the entire time we played we played. Little did I know but that was freshman Rodney Stewart.

Cool story brah.

Was he eating a donut? DScott that is.

Back