What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SF Bennie Boatwright (Verbal to USC)

He was quoted saying if he was projected to go in the top 15 he will leave. There is a lot of the season to be played, but a 6' 6" point guard helps his stock a lot.
And he's got a lot of athletic ability, I'm not sure I see a realistic scenario where he isn't gone after this year

I honestly think the top 15 comment was said just so people wouldn't harass him during the year. Barring an injury (God no), I don't see any way he comes back next season.

I think Michael Carter-Williams' success for the 76ers bodes well for Spencer. I see so many similarities in there games and the ability to guard a 1 or a 2 on the next level makes a point guard that much more valuable. Spencer is gone after this season imo.

Feeling less good about Boatwright. The positive quotes are getting dated. I'm doubtful that we see any early commits for 2015, so right now we're pretty much setting the target list and we'll see who rises and sets a visit in the fall.

Love Boatwright's game, though.

Feeling less good about Boatwright. The positive quotes are getting dated. I'm doubtful that we see any early commits for 2015, so right now we're pretty much setting the target list and we'll see who rises and sets a visit in the fall.

Love Boatwright's game, though.
He's starting to learn the recruiting game a little bit- talk about schools only when asked directly, always say something positive, and keep all doors open. I'd be interested to hear Will interview him and ask him about 4 or 5 of the top schools in the west. That's when you can start to read between the lines.

He's starting to learn the recruiting game a little bit- talk about schools only when asked directly, always say something positive, and keep all doors open. I'd be interested to hear Will interview him and ask him about 4 or 5 of the top schools in the west. That's when you can start to read between the lines.

One day I'll learn, I should just stay quiet and read the tea leaves when I read things like the above post from nik.

For those without a scout subscription, is that a good or bad update?
I don't have a subscription but he had a tweet like a week ago, where he listed CU as one of his ten schools and said it was no order, but it wasn't alphabetized FWIW.

I'd be happy with Hemsley and Walker. We also didn't hear about Tory Miller until a month or so before he signed and I think we're all happy with that pick-up

I'd be happy with Hemsley and Walker. We also didn't hear about Tory Miller until a month or so before he signed and I think we're all happy with that pick-up

Yup. A lot of times in basketball recruiting especially, guys come out of nowhere. Even top 100 guys like XJ catch us by surprise (go back and read his profile thread, I only started it because he was a top 100 kid and we had an offer).

What am I missing? Are we assuming that the 10 final schools were actually listed in order or did the scout update show us out of the mix or something?

We're not out of it at all. I want to make that clear. But right now, it appears that there are teams who are a lot higher in the rankings than CU - both from the Scout interview and the tealeaves. It's been roughly 24 hours, so Bennie's dad was quoted saying that the schools they're hearing from the most are UCONN, USC, UCLA, Oregon, UDub and Cal. Considering he's planning on cutting the list down to 5 after the EYBL season, that gives us a lot of ground to make up without a lot of time.

But it's not over until it's over.

We're not out of it at all. I want to make that clear. But right now, it appears that there are teams who are a lot higher in the rankings than CU - both from the Scout interview and the tealeaves. It's been roughly 24 hours, so Bennie's dad was quoted saying that the schools they're hearing from the most are UCONN, USC, UCLA, Oregon, UDub and Cal. Considering he's planning on cutting the list down to 5 after the EYBL season, that gives us a lot of ground to make up without a lot of time.

But it's not over until it's over.
This jives with what Will said in his last update. Made the point that it makes sense he'd be hearing more from the local schools as Tad and co. having had the opportunity to see any of these guys as much.

Back