What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

jim-nantz-chair-kick-o.gif

This doesn't fit with Altman at all, a verbal to a previous school is only barely a transfer. He's loosening his standards I guess...

Well, the "good news", I guess, is that - given Altman's record - odds are he will be dismissed from the program within two years.

Looks like he's pretty good friends with Jordan Bell...maybe that's what swayed him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wonder if the abysmal year we are having had an impact.

It's not like Oregon is exactly tearing it up.

I am very perplexed by this commitment. He must have been very unimpressed with Cal/CU, and not had a committable offer from KU.

i wonder if the abysmal year we are having had an impact.

I'd argue the opposite - CU would look great to a score first guard like Dorsey with Ski leaving. He's get a ton of shots and be the immediate focal point of the offense.

Perhaps Dorsey considers himself a one-and-done player, which would fit in very well in Altman's system.

I honestly don't know. I'm just spitballin'.

Well that decision was uneventful. We're loaded with experienced guards next year, and that might be why he chose Oregon.

I like our backcourt for next year, and think we really could pick up a mobile big man to start developing.

PG Collier/Talton/Stalzer
SG Fortune/Hopkins/Fletcher

Like this idea a lot. I'm ready for next season already. I still think we can make a run in the Pac 12 tourney and with some luck in the bracket and some upsets along the way, we could maybe just maybe make March Madness. Good luck to Dorsey at Oregon. Would have been a great Buff, but Tad will find a better fit for our program.

Well that decision was uneventful. We're loaded with experienced guards next year, and that might be why he chose Oregon.

I like our backcourt for next year, and think we really could pick up a mobile big man to start developing.

PG Collier/Talton/Stalzer
SG Fortune/Hopkins/Fletcher

Not that we have a great tradition of fan support, but watching Oregon play a home game against Washington to a half empty arena on the fuggliest court in America gives me pause to contemplate the shear absurdity of young Mr. Dorsey's decision.

Not that we have a great tradition of fan support, but watching Oregon play a home game against Washington to a half empty arena on the fuggliest court in America gives me pause to contemplate the shear absurdity of young Mr. Dorsey's decision.

Yes, because that was his main reason for going to Oregon. Fan support.

Best of luck to Tyler. I hope he tears it up at Oregon - just not against us. Lord knows the Pac could use another infusion of talent.

My earlier response was removed within 2 minutes of being posted. If it wasn't you then my apologies. I just think the one-sided nature of the BBall forum is an absolute joke.

Wasn't me.

As for my response to DBT, I just find it absolutely hilarious that people refuse to acknowledge that Oregon may have been a good fit for the kid. There have been tons of people ****ting on Dorsey for committing there instead of here, like it's some no brainer to choose Colorado. Oregon is 16-7 this year. Oregon had a sweet 16 run last year. Oregon won the P12 two years ago and made the sweet 16. Oregon has the lucritive Nike contract. I'm pretty sure that Dorsey could not care less that we have a better student section. And honestly, if he's choosing a college based on that, he's an idiot.

This isn't like Dorsey committed to Central Florida over Kentucky. There were two schools (three including Cal) that wanted him badly. All three have pretty similar recent histories. Bitching about fan support at Oregon being weak just makes us look like sore losers.

Wasn't me.

As for my response to DBT, I just find it absolutely hilarious that people refuse to acknowledge that Oregon may have been a good fit for the kid. There have been tons of people ****ting on Dorsey for committing there instead of here, like it's some no brainer to choose Colorado. Oregon is 16-7 this year. Oregon had a sweet 16 run last year. Oregon won the P12 two years ago and made the sweet 16. Oregon has the lucritive Nike contract. I'm pretty sure that Dorsey could not care less that we have a better student section. And honestly, if he's choosing a college based on that, he's an idiot.

This isn't like Dorsey committed to Central Florida over Kentucky. There were two schools (three including Cal) that wanted him badly. All three have pretty similar recent histories. Bitching about fan support at Oregon being weak just makes us look like sore losers.

I agree. There are plenty of legit reasons to go to Oregon and plenty of other rea$on$. My view is due to the various piles Altman has stepped in since his arrival, why would you want to attach your name to that unless there were some other benefits. Maybe the fact Dorsey will only be there for a year or two weighed in. Who knows.

We don't need Oregon to get more talent or get any better at anything, ever. We need their little fairy dream bubble world to pop.

We don't need Oregon to get more talent or get any better at anything, ever. We need their little fairy dream bubble world to pop.

The Pac-12 blows this year. We need EVERYONE to get better. A rising tide raises all boats.

Wasn't me.

True. While some say Dorsey should look at how we use Ski, they're not realizing that we've been forced to use Ski this way. Joseph Young is being used similarly & there was no heir apparent for Oregon next year. Josh Scott & XJ will likely take the largest share of shots next year & there's no guarantee Dorsey would supplant them in his 1st season. Dorsey actually has more opportunity to be the lead dog at Oregon than at CU.

Wasn't me.

Hey, you're Mr. Basketball. Not me. If you say Oregon is a great fit, I'm fine with that. My statement was only an observation stemming from watching the Washington game and noticing a half empty arena. My observation of their court is a joke based on what I believe to be true. But mostly, my and other's opinions probably stem from a perceived "sleaziness" of Altman and the program for which I am sure you will correct me and assure me Altman is a great guy and Oregon is a first class program.

Wasn't me.

To me, it wasn't so much that he didn't pick Colorado, which I fully expected. It was that he didn't pick Kansas or Cal who nearly every "expert," had him choosing. I don't think it is wrong at all to say that it was a surprise that he picked Oregon.

While it is ridiculous to expect any player to pick a school based on their student section, it is just as ridiculous to suggest that winning one or two tournament games is a primary factor for someone of his caliber. Most players at Dorsey's ranking pick a school that gives them the best chance to get developed and drafted in the shortest amount of time. Who was the last guard that did that for them?

Then you throw in the accusations against Altman, and the real possibility that he isn't even the coach when Dorsey plays his first game...

It isn't like I am wishing he plays terrible or anything, it is just a perplexing decision and even more so if he had a legitimate offer from KU.

Huge game tonight to advance Oregon to the sweet 16. 27 points and the game winning 3 pointer.

Back