What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

In all honesty...I don't know why ASU doesn't go the 1 and done route more often...they would have to hire a more appealing coach than Sendek to accomplish that....but that would seem like an avenue they would be better at than their current JUCO route

In all honesty...I don't know why ASU doesn't go the 1 and done route more often...they would have to hire a more appealing coach than Sendek to accomplish that....but that would seem like an avenue they would be better at than their current JUCO route

Jahii thought he was one, but that didn't quite work out for him.

ASU will just be a fun weekend.
If KU makes him their top priority guard, he's theirs to lose. It'll be a crowded backcourt there regardless.

CU offers the best combo of feature guard opportunity, winning, campus life, & NBA prospects.

I'll get the live chicken ready just in case we need it.

Fingers Crossed on this one!

Some perspective on Dorsey from info received when he committed to Arizona:
1. Not a one and done--not happening. He is a volume scorer, and is relatively inefficient.
2. He will turn 20 during his freshman year in college. He may well have reached his ceiling already.
3. The reality is less that Dorsey decommitted from Arizona, and more the reverse. There are several articles referencing this. http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...9848/tyler-dorsey-recruiting-arizona-decommit
4. He's a good player, but not a game changer.
5. KU will be hard to beat imo.

1. Not a one and done--not happening. He is a volume scorer, and is relatively inefficient.
2. He will turn 20 during his freshman year in college. He may well have reached his ceiling already.
3. The reality is less that Dorsey decommitted from Arizona, and more the reverse. There are several articles referencing this. http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...9848/tyler-dorsey-recruiting-arizona-decommit

- He has one-and-done talent. He won't be one though.
- Yes, he's older. No, he hasn't reached his ceiling at 20 years old.
- Yes, Arizona pretty much let him know they preferred Simon and Trier to him.
- At a school like CU, he has the talent to be a game changer.
- Concur.

Tad is fond of saying that he made a mistake going to KU instead of CU. if anybody has the cred to recruit against them, Tad does. He can say with a straight face that he knows both schools very well. We have scoreboard, too.

Big fish, Tad.

Agree with most of Will's points and want to add that he is absolutely, absolutely, absolutely a game changer IMO. Incredible scoring talent.

Agree with most of Will's points and want to add that he is absolutely, absolutely, absolutely a game changer IMO. Incredible scoring talent.

Which brings up the point. UA or KU fans will look at Dorsey as "just another guy". I don't think he wants to be that. CU is going to the Dance every year and putting a guard into the NBA every year, so he'd all that in Boulder plus be valued more by us because Tad's been doing that with developmental talent rather than superstars. We've got a number of Top 100 talent guys Dorsey would be surrounded with, but he'd be the only 5* elite with that supporting cast. And, possibly, a certain 5* center from the state of Colorado joining him for his sophomore season when he would be poised to make his NBA Lottery season run.

If its true that UA cut him loose, CU would be a place where he could get a chance to prove UA wrong, twice a year.

I'm taking every advantage I can find.

If its true that UA cut him loose, CU would be a place where he could get a chance to prove UA wrong, twice a year.

I'm taking every advantage I can find.

He might be a little bitter about UofA's decision. Might not want to face a Championship caliber team twice a year, knowing he at one time was going to be a part of it . From what I've heard he wants to play point and Miller did not want to use him that way. Not sure what happened with the hype surrounding him but Duke backed off to. Kansas seems to be still going hard for him, which will be your biggest hurdle to land him.

I don't think Alec Burks was thinking that after Missouri didn't recruit him. Anyone remember the game on 1/7/11 when Burks put up 36 points on #9 Missouri and we routed them for a 89-76 win? I fully expect the same result when Dorsey joins CU and gets his chance to play Arizona.

Maybe Tad is trying to sale him on being your next point guard, not sure your situation at the 1 spot. All the sites have him down as a shooting guard. Don't get me wrong I would be glad to see him bring his talent to the PAC. I don't believe he is the one and done type, but he is a high major talent level. These kids like packed arenas and Coors does offer that.

I don't think Alec Burks was thinking that after Missouri didn't recruit him. Anyone remember the game on 1/7/11 when Burks put up 36 points on #9 Missouri and we routed them for a 89-76 win? I fully expect the same result when Dorsey joins CU and gets his chance to play Arizona.

I don't think one player will put 36 pts on Arizona's D

Maybe Tad is trying to sale him on being your next point guard, not sure your situation at the 1 spot. All the sites have him down as a shooting guard. Don't get me wrong I would be glad to see him bring his talent to the PAC. I don't believe he is the one and done type, but he is a high major talent level. These kids like packed arenas and Coors does offer that.

Tad says he doesn't run a true PG.

He looks at is as 2 combo guards as the pure "guards", 1 combo guard/forward in that spot that Xavier Johnson plays now and Dre Roberson & Sab Chen used to play, and then 2 "bigs" that may not include a pure center.

Obviously, one of those combo guards ends up being the primary ball handler more often than not and is looked at as the PG from the outside. But Tad recruits combo guards pretty much exclusively.

Maybe Tad is trying to sell him on being your next point guard, not sure your situation at the 1 spot. All the sites have him down as a shooting guard. Don't get me wrong I would be glad to see him bring his talent to the PAC. I don't believe he is the one and done type, but he is a high major talent level. These kids like packed arenas and Coors does offer that.

I am old school. With all of the discussion about this guy making a decision about what where he wants to play based on the competition from others for a position (point guard or otherwise) I would just as soon pass on him if that is true. True competitors don't shy away from competition and those who are preoccupied with how they are show cased are bad for the culture and team chemistry. There are five guys on the floor at any one time and only one ball. It takes that five, playing in concert, to be a consistent winner against high major competition.

I am old school. With all of the discussion about this guy making a decision about what where he wants to play based on the competition from others for a position (point guard or otherwise) I would just as soon pass on him if that is true. True competitors don't shy away from competition and those who are preoccupied with how they are show cased are bad for the culture and team chemistry. There are five guys on the floor at any one time and only one ball. It takes that five, playing in concert, to be a consistent winner against high major competition.

At least as far as the recruiting services go, he would the highest rated guard to come here since Chauncey. I have complete confidence in Tad getting the best out of him and playing within the team concept. You don't pass on a talent like this unless he is a complete knucklehead (which Tad wouldn't recruit and he sure doesn't seem to be).

I hear you, but I've accepted the reality of hoops culture. The good players are constantly switching AAU teams and even high schools in order to find the best situation to showcase their skills. Their selection of a college is just a continuation of that arc. It is what it is. Like you, I have that instinctive old school reaction, but we've got to push that to the side and live in the world that is.

I hear you, but I've accepted the reality of hoops culture. The good players are constantly switching AAU teams and even high schools in order to find the best situation to showcase their skills. Their selection of a college is just a continuation of that arc. It is what it is. Like you, I have that instinctive old school reaction, but we've got to push that to the side and live in the world that is.

I don't know why you would fault a kid for going to a school that plays him at the position he wants to play, even if that means having to pass on a blue blood, or vice versa. The program will always look after its own best interests first, so why shouldn't the kid who has limited time to begin with?

Back