What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

I don't know why you would fault a kid for going to a school that plays him at the position he wants to play, even if that means having to pass on a blue blood, or vice versa. The program will always look after its own best interests first, so why shouldn't the kid who has limited time to begin with?
Personally, I am not "faulting" the kid. I fully support his right to choose and do what he thinks is best for him. What I am suggesting is that it might not be in the best interests of the team to have a person who is focused too much on his own showcase and not being enough of a team player. Having said that, I do not know what this recruit's priorities are ... and I agree with the earlier comment that Tad can handle the situation if and when he joins the team. Tad has built a great culture here and in I am confident that he will make the right judgement in this case.

At least as far as the recruiting services go, he would the highest rated guard to come here since Chauncey. I have complete confidence in Tad getting the best out of him and playing within the team concept. You don't pass on a talent like this unless he is a complete knucklehead (which Tad wouldn't recruit and he sure doesn't seem to be).

Typically you don't pass on a five star talent unless he is anything like Josiah Turner. Major knucklehead. I don't think Miller backed away from Dorsey because he has issues. Arizona wanted and landed other recruits they preferred over him. If you do land him and that's a if (Kansas) I'm sure he will be amped for Arizona.

Personally, I am not "faulting" the kid. I fully support his right to choose and do what he thinks is best for him. What I am suggesting is that it might not be in the best interests of the team to have a person who is focused too much on his own showcase and not being enough of a team player. Having said that, I do not know what this recruit's priorities are ... and I agree with the earlier comment that Tad can handle the situation if and when he joins the team. Tad has built a great culture here and in I am confident that he will make the right judgement in this case.

That's fair enough. Good point. I've been in this argument with my Dad and Grandpa enough times now to where I think its just knee jerk at this point. :lol:

I agree that we don't want the headcases no matter how good they are. To me, from way on the outside admittedly, Dorsey isn't that guy yet, but a kid that is making it clear want he wants to be in college, which I have no problem with.

If you do land him and that's a if (Kansas) I'm sure he will be amped for Arizona.

I agree it is a big if. Would be very tough to beat Kansas. However, Kansas is in the mix for a lot of other top guards. It's certainly possible that they land one of them and either them or Dorsey hesitate on committing. Could very easily turn into an Oregon vs Colorado vs ASU battle

I agree it is a big if. Would be very tough to beat Kansas. However, Kansas is in the mix for a lot of other top guards. It's certainly possible that they land one of them and either them or Dorsey hesitate on committing. Could very easily turn into an Oregon vs Colorado vs ASU battle

I wouldn't put ASU in the battle for Dorsey, once he saw that place no way. Really don't think he would want to play in a empty Arena. Fan support is very weak.

Dorsey isn't going to ASU over an offer from Kansas. I can barely believe he would come to CU over an offer from Kansas. The real threat is out east in the middle of nothing.

"@TDORSEY_1 Final 6 are (in alpha order): AZ State, Cal, Colorado, Kansas, Oregon & UNLV," Dinos Trigonis, Belmont Shore Head Coach and Director tweeted on Thursday evening. "Will visit 1st 5 officially and UNLV unofficially."

Currently, Dorsey is scheduled to visit Oregon (9/5), Colorado (9/19), Kansas (10/10) and Arizona State (10/17). According to Trigonis, Dorsey will conduct an in-home visit with Kansas on September 16.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1675342

I think we have a good shot at landing this kid. While beating KU would be nice, it's obvious from his actions with AZ that he puts a pretty high priority on playing time. Kansas is pretty deep at guard, so I'm not sure how much he feels like he will get if he goes to Lawrence.

I think we have a good shot at landing this kid. While beating KU would be nice, it's obvious from his actions with AZ that he puts a pretty high priority on playing time. Kansas is pretty deep at guard, so I'm not sure how much he feels like he will get if he goes to Lawrence.

Also, Kansas seems to be fighting it out with Kentucky for the #1 combo guard and #3 overall player in the country, Malik Newman. Not sure of KU's scolarship situation, but I doubt Self stops recruiting Newman if Dorsey signs.

How would it feel to be a top 20 prospect and possibly be recruited over in the same class at two different schools?

Am I crazy to think we have a decent shot at this kid? We're not a blue blood program, but other than that, I think we match up very favorably with the other teams on his radar.

Am I crazy to think we have a decent shot at this kid? We're not a blue blood program, but other than that, I think we match up very favorably with the other teams on his radar.

Visiting Oregon tomorrow. Right now just hoping he makes it here on the 19th as planned. If so, you have to think we have a shot. Show him lots of love at the tailgates and let Tad and the boys work their magic. Would turn a disappointing class into a great one.

Fully expecting him to commit to Oregon on the trip. Just how things have been shaking out.

From phone

I feel like we have a great shot at anyone who makes the trip to Boulder. Right now, the possibility that he commits elsewhere and cancels his trip is my main reservation.

Oregon is a legit fear. I get the feeling Dorsey wants to be wooed big time. Oregon is desperate and will throw the kitchen sink at him.

Then Dorsey goes to Midnight at Phog - where they have a damn impressive rate at landing kids.

If we somehow get him to Boulder after both of those, I really like our odds. But I'm holding my breath until then.

Oregon is a legit fear. I get the feeling Dorsey wants to be wooed big time. Oregon is desperate and will throw the kitchen sink at him.

Then Dorsey goes to Midnight at Phog - where they have a damn impressive rate at landing kids.

If we somehow get him to Boulder after both of those, I really like our odds. But I'm holding my breath until then.

No way he's committing to anyone before the Phog event. I'd rather have him visit after that as opposed to before.

It's visit week. Pray for good weather, a dominant win in football and great fan support.

It's visit week. Pray for good weather, a dominant win in football and great fan support.

Supposed to be in the mid 70s for the weekend. I hope Boyle can pull out all stops for Dorsey. He would make a excellent 2015 class by himself!

Boyle is pretty successful closer once he gets a player on an official visit, only difference is that we are competing against Kansas for this particular recruit. It really depends if he wants to play in the Pac 12 or not?

If so, I like our chances against the Pac 12 schools (Oregon and ASU), but not against Kansas. They can pick and choose almost any recruit.

If we can land Dorsey, it would change the dynamic of the recruiting for Boyle going forward, he will be able to target the top 50 moreso because talented players like to play with other extremely talented players (see UCLA and Zona as prime examples, they sign a top 10 guy and hten a bunch of top 40 guys sign as well).

I don't think we can compete with them recruiting wise right now, but we can definitely find a niche in that top 50-100 range to be able to beat them when the pieces fall into place for us, and we have a team of upperclassmen.

Last edited:
If it would help get Dorsey, I'll bust out the pot and make jambalaya just for him.

Back