What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA WR Jeremy Kelly (Verbal to SJSU)

Wow. So are we so deep and talented at Safety that we would tell this kid that there's no way he'd ever see the field there?

I don't get paid to make those decisions, but that seems very odd to me.

he's only 173 pounds ... MM wants bigger boys playing the position

Kid wanted to play safety and no P5 was going to put him there. SJSU said sure. About all there is on that one

he's only 173 pounds ... MM wants bigger boys playing the position

I understand that. But when your choices are A) a guy who weighs 173 pounds or B) a guy who weighs zero pounds, because he doesn't exist, I'd take the 173 pound kid and try to put 20 pounds of solid muscle on him during his redshirt year.

But that's just me. Like I said, I'm not paid to make these kinds of decisions. It could also be that the coaches are banking a few scholarships for next season in the hopes that they'll land a few more highly regarded players.

Wow. So are we so deep and talented at Safety that we would tell this kid that there's no way he'd ever see the field there?

I don't get paid to make those decisions, but that seems very odd to me.

You need to be physical to play safety in the Pac-12.

I understand that. But when your choices are A) a guy who weighs 173 pounds or B) a guy who weighs zero pounds, because he doesn't exist, I'd take the 173 pound kid and try to put 20 pounds of solid muscle on him during his redshirt year.

But that's just me. Like I said, I'm not paid to make these kinds of decisions. It could also be that the coaches are banking a few scholarships for next season in the hopes that they'll land a few more highly regarded players.

not one P5 school who was interested in him was willing to slot him in at safety... this says a lot to me

Likely way more to this story starting with grades. Or other items. You don't go SJSU over position choice. Never.

tumblr_nboj8onkfj1tf9rhho2_500.jpg

Back