What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO ATH Austin Conway (Signed to Wyoming)

Quattro

Club Member
Club Member
BANNED
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247 Sports

AUSTIN%20CONWAY%20150.JPG

Overland H.S. (Aurora, CO)

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 165
40: 4.4

Rivals rating: 3*-5.6rr
Scout rating: 3*
ESPN rating: 3*
247s rating:

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Colorado State, Montana State, Nebraska

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the context of that picture. Two dudes are crying on the ground. The big guy looks like he's either about to join them or call them pussies.

'15 CO ATH Austin Conway

Sounds like a lock, but... he's a 4 star basketball player. What does he project for football?

I don't think he'll be a 4* in basketball when it's all done, Goose has eluded to that in a couple posts. Seems like he would be a mid-3* for football, but his speed would be a very big addition.

What is the context of that picture. Two dudes are crying on the ground. The big guy looks like he's either about to join them or call them pussies.

It was second down. He scored a touchdown. He's happy. The other team (looks like it might be Rangeview from their unis) is unhappy. It looks like it might have been a bit of a chilly night, based on the fact that the players are wearing long sleeves. Now, here's where things get really strange - the Head Referee typically signals for the touchdown. The guy signlaing the TD is not the head referee. This perplexes me, and I would want to dive into the particulars of the game a little more to give you some kind of definitive answer here.

Oh, and they played the game on artificial turf.

I hope this helps put this into context.

WOW. Great highlight film. Definitely would be great to lead off our 2015 class with him!

I used to coach with Overland's head football coach, so I'll be sure to check in with him, catch up, and see how things are going with AC.

It'll be interesting to see if he'd rather play basketball or football, or whether he'll get an opportunity somewhere to do both. Haven't watched him in football, but do think he could end up being a solid basketball player if that's what he wants.

It'll be interesting to see if he'd rather play basketball or football, or whether he'll get an opportunity somewhere to do both. Haven't watched him in football, but do think he could end up being a solid basketball player if that's what he wants.
Claims a hoops offer from Indiana! If he is that good, who knows maybe Tad could find a spot for him. Although 2 way football/basketball is very difficult to pull off with overlapping seasons.

Went to Nebraska JR. day with Lee and Anderson. All four predictions on 247 Sports are for Nebraska.

Went to Nebraska JR. day with Lee and Anderson. All four predictions on 247 Sports are for Nebraska.

And predictions made on a web site a year before signing day are always 100% accurate. Or even worth discussing. FACT!!!!!

I don't think speed or athleticism are question marks with Conway. Height may be generous at 5'10".

I don't think speed or athleticism are question marks with Conway. Height may be generous at 5'10".
I agree although that does not freak me out if we are recruiting him as a receiver but concerning if we are as a QB.

Not according to the latest Rivals report!

I'm aware of that report, and without violating premium information rules, I'm not positive that I would take that information to mean that the staff still isn't looking at him as an Athlete who could project to a number of positions.

Overland is different than almost every school in Colorado in that they always have tons of speed. Never much size but lots of speed.

BssJzFPCIAAaRr7.jpg

From the All-Colorado photo shoot ...

All-Colorado Team: "It's an honor to be part of the All-Colorado team. Definitely to be noticed as this type of an elite player is such a blessing. I went out there and did everything to put myself in this position and hard work definitely pays off. I'm thankful for them actually nominating me and taking the time to watch me."

Still hearing from college football programs despite his commitment to Wyoming's basketball program: "I'm still getting the talk of 'hey you know you'd still be a great player.' Like I said, I've got my mind set on basketball and I'm happy where I committed."

Contact with Wyoming's basketball coach: "Definitely, we've still been talking daily. I actually just talked to [head coach Larry Shyatt] about five minutes ago. He's just a great person, him and his son, great people."

What they talk about: "Pretty much what I need to be doing to improve, just checking in to see how their future Poke is doing. It's pretty important."

Interest from CU football: "Not as much. I wouldn't be surprised if during this football season they do. A lot of teams, everyone thought that I wasn't playing football this year and I think that's why a lot of football schools backed off. But now that they're seeing I'm playing football, they're probably like 'this kid still has some interest in football.' "

On basketball over football: "It's a little bit better for me, size wise. Just for what I was being recruited for football compared to basketball, didn't want to have to change my position."

On commitment to the Cowboys: "Once I committed, I've got my heart set on committing. I love it."

On visits to Laramie: "Actually I've only been up there once. I'm going up there in a couple of weeks again, that'll be my second time. I'm going to try, if we can get some more recruits up there. I know there's a kid named Kevin Prosser, he'll be up there, and he was actually my teammate. If we could get a lot of these kids, I wouldn't mind being their recruiter, talking to these guys. Come up to Wyoming, it's a great place. Not too far from Colorado."

Visiting Indiana: "I did, I checked it out this summer. It was great. I've never seen a more excited basketball town than [Bloomington] Indiana. It was crazy. Just walking on campus, letting people know that I was a basketball recruit, man I felt like part of the family. They're like 'oh you play basketball' and instant love. Waving, shaking hands, they were like 'go to IU.' … It's a lot farther from home. They were great, too. Indiana was definitely a choice for me, but when it all came down to it, making that one decision, Wyoming was it."

Hoops camps: "I just got back from Adidas 100 camp, it went pretty well. I think I played pretty well and impressed a lot of coaches. I don't know how that's going to happen. I know we go out of town tomorrow for another recruiting site. California for the Super 64, Battle at the Beach."

Back