What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO OT Dillon Middlemiss (Signed to COLORADO)

Okay, I got a little ahead of myself, but still... I love the fact that we're adding in-state talent and it's not out of the realm of possibility that someday soon we could have a line that's more CO kids than not. I mean Callahan and Lynott are probably solid starters for 2015. I'd say Callahan at LT and Lynott at RG. I know I put left up there earlier, but he was a RT until this season and he moves so well and run blocks so effectively that RG is probably a better fit IMO.

So in 2015 the line could be:

LT Callahan
LG Irwin
C Kelley
RG Lynott
RT Nembot

In 2016 we could have in state prospects like Holland, Middlemiss, Miller and maybe others competing for spots. (Holland seems like an interior lineman IMO).

The offensive line, which has been a big problem, looks like a position of strength in the next few years.

In 2016 we could have in state prospects like Holland, Middlemiss, Miller and maybe others competing for spots. (Holland seems like an interior lineman IMO).

The offensive line, which has been a big problem, looks like a position of strength in the next few years.

It's certainly getting better, with an emphasis on the state of Colorado's traditional strength in producing several very good prep linemen each year. The OL talent level at CU in the last three classes has shown gradual but noticeable improvement over those years, though anywhere at this level of football a down lineman on either side of the ball seeing significant snaps his true freshman year has to be a freakishly good 18-year-old. If this happened I would hope it is because the guy is that good and not because the upperclass depth chart has not developed as hoped or more likely because of a rash of injuries. I'm okay with being patient on these young talented guys seeing the field if the trade off is we're not burning redshirts because we're out of other options, as has often been the case with our recent past coaches.

BsstrRzCQAAiR3T.jpg

On the right

From the All-Colorado photo shoot ...

On the All-Colorado Team: "It's something nice to see, all the other talent in Colorado here."

How his life has changed since committing to CU: "I think it's a lot easier, not having to call coaches constantly and message them on Facebook. It's definitely a lot easier."

Tim Lynott's commitment to CU: "Tim was supposed to be here, I know he committed. I'm pretty excited about his commitment."

Last edited:
Game vs. Valor

First half

[video=youtube;wnRrGXrvuYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRrGXrvuYQ[/video]

Second half

[video=youtube;R0OYxyiPC4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0OYxyiPC4A[/video]

sixzero strength has been a huge asset for the buffs. Need to give Matt McChesney a lot of credit. He is doing everything he can possibly due from the outside to help the buffs.

sixzero strength has been a huge asset for the buffs. Need to give Matt McChesney a lot of credit. He is doing everything he can possibly due from the outside to help the buffs.

I agree. I also like his bad ass attitude and how it seems like it's rubbing off on the kids he works with. We could really use that in our OL.

Man that is some great news. Getting OL in the system early seems like it would be a huge advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Future RT, potentially sooner rather than later. Also good friends with Jake Moretti, a 2017 OT prospect at Pomona, already generating bigger buzz.

I really like what I've seen from our OL recruiting the last couple years. Good, solid depth and not a lot of holes in the classes.

I really like what I've seen from our OL recruiting the last couple years. Good, solid depth and not a lot of holes in the classes.

And it seems like Bernardi is a good position coach for them once they get to Boulder.

Hopefully not derailing this thread too bad, but was curious about the rules regarding early enrollees in case anyone here knows the answers off the top of their heads.

I THINK I remember (but with my bad memory???) a few years ago volleyball (I believe) had someone come in early, and because of her early enrollment- the (NCAA) rule is she could NOT also take a redshirt year:

Is my memory correct that early enrollees can NOT also take a redshirt year?

If so, is that true for all sports?

And, if that is a rule, I assume/ hope it wouldn't preclude an early enrollee from taking a medical red shirt if it unfortunately was needed in a later year?

Back