What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO OT Tim Lynott (Signed to COLORADO)

Penn State, UCLA, Oregon and CU in the lead so far according so Justin Hopkins on twitter

Amazes me that with all the things that have went on at Penn State high profile recruits still consider them. I would stay clear of them especially since he has so many high profile offers.

Last edited:
Not trying to be defeatest but at this moment in time it is going to be very hard to compete with those schools

"It's going to take a miracle"

Yup not trying there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm most worried about Penn State but happy he has a family connection to CU. In conference I have no clue who to be most worried about. I thought as soon as Oregon offered Sam Jones he'd be sold on them but then he went ASU of all places. I hope Terran has a great experience from the time he arrives on campus and keeps telling Tim what it's like to enjoy college and be close to home.

I'm most worried about Penn State but happy he has a family connection to CU. In conference I have no clue who to be most worried about. I thought as soon as Oregon offered Sam Jones he'd be sold on them but then he went ASU of all places. I hope Terran has a great experience from the time he arrives on campus and keeps telling Tim what it's like to enjoy college and be close to home.

I would say USC/UCLA. Not really worried about ASU or Oregon at this point. He seems to really like So Cal.

We are not in as good shape as we once were. Might be 3rd or 4th at the moment.

We are not in as good shape as we once were. Might be 3rd or 4th at the moment.

I just don't know what to believe. Justin Hopkins talked to him about his leaders and then predicted he would land with the Buffs for what its worth.

It's all fluid, but he has gone from being a borderline 4* to potential top 100 player. A prospect where defense will need to be played all the way to signing day.

Yeah, don't disagree. Just trying to get why you believe 3rd or 4th. Connected to the process or just your feel from his updates?

From phone

It was info I had heard a couple weeks back, seems exaggerated. Today's updates sound good from a CU perspective.

Thanks. I haven't a clue on this one right now. But considering we didn't start behind the 8-ball here, really expecting this staff to get it done. Will be one of the bigger CO prep losses in a long time for me if he chooses elsewhere.

From phone

Yeah it's going to be hard. His dad went to Penn State, and USC and UCLA on the table already? I say it is a miricle if he commits so CU.
A miracle you say? Well shoot! On to our next recruit then. :sad1:

CU was great for a lot of years, and I won't be surprised when we are again. Players like Lynot can help make the Buffs more than a run-of-the-mill bowl team.

For what it's worth, 247 has 2 crystal ball predictions on him both predicting that he'll sign with us

Visiting the Arizona schools, spring break style
[tweet]449694226624696321[/tweet]

Hopefully he's just enjoying the weather and not taking the AZ schools too seriously, as he called ASU's Sun Devil Stadium, "Arizona Stadium." Plus he only gave it one wink and one thumbs up. I'd be more worried if there were more than one of each used. :wink2:

Come on Tim, you know you wanna be a Buff! Remember, the renovated Folsom will look awesome.

Yeah this is about the best possible time of year for a visit to AZ. It gets really hot really soon.

I begin this argument with apologies to any ASU graduates.

haha ASU is such a joke. I remember graduating and all the kids that couldn't go to CU ended up going to UofA and ASU and KU. You needed like a 3.5 GPA and 25 (ACT) to get into CU (in state applicant) and you need a 2.5 and 20 to get into ASU (and I know this because my best friend went to ASU and he had well below a 3.0 and struggled to pass remedial math classes). I always found it funny when my friends told me they chose to go to ASU and I always wanted to say, "Oh, so you didn't get into Boulder?" Now, most of them are making 25-30k and talking **** to me about Arizona and Kansas basketball. I sincerely wish I could sit down with every single recruit and explain to them the value of education and that it is extremely, extremely rare/difficult to make the NFL and that walking into an employer with an ASU diploma carries as much weight as Ben Mills (love that kid's effort).

Colobuffs21, I'm not ripping on you because I've done what you are doing too. But this is a typical reaction when a kid we want, especially an in state kid, is looking at a place like ASU. We attack the school as if the recruit will read our post and realize what an awful mistake it would be to commit there. I think all us Buff fans believe, and rightly so IMO, that CU has a lot going for it. The one thing we don't have right now is a good football program.

The other argument we always come up with is "you're an in state kid. Go somewhere in which you can make a difference! (Fill in the blank) is already great. You'll just be another player there. At CU you will be a hero!"

Well, thanks for not ripping on me, but my post was simply pointing out my frustration with athletes not considering the academic side of attending a school. Sure, schools are spending millions to upgrade their athletic facilities, but at the end of the day, 9 out of 10 athletes will need to rely on their academics rather than their sport.

Back