What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO P Alex Kinney (Signed to COLORADO)

Special Teams are huge imho, especially trying to get back to where CU should be, good to see some emphasis there.

Heh - 2* punter, but he's considered one of the top three or four punters in the country. Somehow, that doesn't quite add up to me. Get one of the top five WR, OL, RB, QB, LB, or CB in the country and you're looking at a minimum of 4*, probably more like 5*. Punters and kickers are the Rodney Dangerfields of football. They get no respect, until you need them. A good kicking game can tilt the field in your favor. I love this commitment.

Anybody else see that Ray Guy is the first punter in the NFL HOF?

Heh - 2* punter, but he's considered one of the top three or four punters in the country. Somehow, that doesn't quite add up to me. Get one of the top five WR, OL, RB, QB, LB, or CB in the country and you're looking at a minimum of 4*, probably more like 5*. Punters and kickers are the Rodney Dangerfields of football. They get no respect, until you need them. A good kicking game can tilt the field in your favor. I love this commitment.

Historically, rating services don't seem to give ST guys more than 2-3 stars. Its just so "uneven" around the country for those kids.

Favorite Dangerfield: "I don't get no respect, I tell ya; I went to my proctologist the other day and he stuck his finger in my mouth!"

It's always been an anomaly that kickers and punters, no matter how good, can't get much above 2 or 3 stars by the rating sites. Never understood the logic, but then again since so many kickers and punters are hard to evaluate in high school versus college and beyond, maybe the services are just hedging.

And bravo about Ray Guy, it's about time.

[tweet]557607665099362304[/tweet]

I'm not sure if the twitter embed will work but he just got upgraded to a 3* on rivals. Having him on board makes me feel a bit better about ST next year.

Wow! #3 nationally! Maybe cuz we're the highest (altitude-wise...smartasses) P5 school in the country. Glad to see him becoming a Buff!!!

Two of our recruits (Jan and Kinney) have upped their "stars" in the past week. Good for them and good for CU to possibly increase their recruiting class ranking... Not that it means much.

Two of our recruits (Jan and Kinney) have upped their "stars" in the past week. Good for them and good for CU to possibly increase their recruiting class ranking... Not that it means much.

According to Rivals, we are currently tied for #55 with Okie Lite. Still 11th in the PAC-12(Oregon St) 60 "points" behind Utah and 9 spots in the rankings. Oregon St is climbing fast with their new staff hitting the trail hard.

Not a terrible spot with all things considered...

A recruiting class ranked #55 after a 2-10 season without a conference win and people are pissed? What am I missing, here?

A recruiting class ranked #55 after a 2-10 season without a conference win and people are pissed? What am I missing, here?

I think it's the fact that, while ranked 55th, it's 11th in the Pac 12 and ahead of only 7 or 8 other P5 programs.

I think the class has some promise but I can also see the reason for concern. It includes very few players who other P5 schools wanted enough to offer.

The frustration is easy to understand. When you are at the bottom of the standings and also recruiting at the bottom your prospects for moving up are limited.

Is this class going to move us up?

I feel good about this class. MacIntyre's recruits from his first season and his first full class last year have been fairly impressive. Allow those players to grow and mature while adding more instant impact players from other classes. Until we can see his recruits in the trenches we'll get a good grasp of how well him and his staff evaluate talent. The skill position players are pretty dynamic.

I think the class has some promise but I can also see the reason for concern. It includes very few players who other P5 schools wanted enough to offer.

The frustration is easy to understand. When you are at the bottom of the standings and also recruiting at the bottom your prospects for moving up are limited.

Is this class going to move us up?

It will move us up from where we were. The incoming talent is superior to the departing talent (or at least projected to be so). That will help in the non-conference wins, for sure. Whether it brings CU closer to peers in the Pac-12, maintains the current gap, or widens it is another question.

Relative to the rest of the Pac-12, this class is not going to give an immediate infusion that will give the Buffs any competitive advantage the next 2 years versus what other schools got. In 4 years, who knows? The players CU has on its 2018 roster from this signing day may be as good as the what the rest of the Pac-12 has on its rosters from this signing day.

It will move us up from where we were. The incoming talent is superior to the departing talent (or at least projected to be so). That will help in the non-conference wins, for sure. Whether it brings CU closer to peers in the Pac-12, maintains the current gap, or widens it is another question.

Relative to the rest of the Pac-12, this class is not going to give an immediate infusion that will give the Buffs any competitive advantage the next 2 years versus what other schools got. In 4 years, who knows? The players CU has on its 2018 roster from this signing day may be as good as the what the rest of the Pac-12 has on its rosters from this signing day.
Good points. I look at it this way...if we were a few plays and bad calls away from winning 2-4 PAC12 games, a decent improvement in turnover margin (defense and Sefo), DL size, LB play etc will net us those wins this year. I see the 2015 Buff team as being older and bigger and with a new DC, maybe we'll get more TOs, egro/visa vi/concordantly more wins. But who the **** knows with this program???

According to Rivals, we are currently tied for #55 with Okie Lite. Still 11th in the PAC-12(Oregon St) 60 "points" behind Utah and 9 spots in the rankings. Oregon St is climbing fast with their new staff hitting the trail hard.

Not a terrible spot with all things considered...

WOOOOO SUCK IT WESTERN MICHAGIN!

(now down to 60 with the Fehoko Decommit)

Back