What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO PG Austin Conway (Verbal to Wyoming)

Eustacy is 57 and that's not going to limit his ability to find work elsewhere.

He's at CSU on a rehab assignment. If he doesn't get a new job this offseason, he will have to prove himself with his "own guys" over the next 2-3 years and he WILL be gone.

Supposedly his buyout after year one is $3+mil

Anything new on Austin? He's picked up a number of offers, including several Big 10 schools. Is he still deciding between basketball and football?

Anything new on Austin? He's picked up a number of offers, including several Big 10 schools. Is he still deciding between basketball and football?

I Just watched his football highlighs on Hudl. He looks fast as hell. Both Tad and Mac need to offer right away. He is one heck of an athlete.

I Just watched his football highlighs on Hudl. He looks fast as hell. Both Tad and Mac need to offer right away. He is one heck of an athlete.
If we wanted to let this kid play both sports, he only needs the one scholarship right? I'd assume, we'd want him on a football scholarship to open up an extra basketball one right?

He landed a Nebraska offer for football. So he is a legit bcs football prospect

If we wanted to let this kid play both sports, he only needs the one scholarship right? I'd assume, we'd want him on a football scholarship to open up an extra basketball one right?
I think he would have to be on football scholarship. For multi-sport athletes, there is a pecking order in the scholarship world and the "highest" of the sports is where your scholarship must count.

Does anyone think we are going after Austin? We will have Collier, Stalzer, Talton and possibly Hopkins at PG.

my gosh, a top 50 player and he doesn't even have a CU offer and CU is his dream school.

I want this kid. Should be an easy get. From Colorado, loves our coaches and wants to go to Colorado. I mean come on.

I want this kid. Should be an easy get. From Colorado, loves our coaches and wants to go to Colorado. I mean come on.

I want him to be a Buff as well. That said and he is certainly good enough to be a strong contributor we have to see how he will fit with the needs for his class. If Tad thinks the fit is right then great, if not then it probably wouldn't be best for CU or for Austin.

Wow. An interesting predicament, for sure. We DO seem kind of set at PG for a while, but his talent is pretty evident. Hate to say it, but would he be a redshirt candidate? You'd like to put a little separation between him and Collier. By his RS Freshmen year, Stalzer and Talton would be gone as well. Hell, I don't know. It seems like it would be crazy to let this kid go somewhere else.

Re: '15 CO PG Austin Conway

Wow. An interesting predicament, for sure. We DO seem kind of set at PG for a while, but his talent is pretty evident. Hate to say it, but would he be a redshirt candidate? You'd like to put a little separation between him and Collier. By his RS Freshmen year, Stalzer and Talton would be gone as well. Hell, I don't know. It seems like it would be crazy to let this kid go somewhere else.

Teams with dominant pg play can go deep in the tourney. One game changer at pg and we can be a final four team.

I don't know how you pass on this kid in your own back yard. Mods: That BDC article states he has a basketball offer from Indiana in case you want that on the profile post.

Teams with dominant pg play can go deep in the tourney. One game changer at pg and we can be a final four team.

I agree. I just don't know what Tad's thoughts are about using what limited scholarships we have available. Can we put him on a football scholarship? I know that sounds crazy, but I honestly don't know what our needs are for the 2015 recruiting class. Plus, our football team needs all the scholarships it can get, so that's probably not a good idea. Just spitballin'.

Related to this discussion, though, is how incredibly awesome it is to be having a conversation like this about a kid who is that highly ranked. A sure fire top 100 player, and we're trying to figure out how to fit him on the team. Incredible. #rolltad.

A couple of things in favor of figuring out how to bring him in.

One is that Tad has shown an ability to adapt his system to the talent he has. If he has a number of of excellent PGs I can see him figuring out a way to use mulitple PGs at the same time.

Secondly while we aren't yet recruiting guys who are one and done guys we are seeing a number of kids coming in who are candidates to leave after 2-3 years. Our current depth at PG could go away fairly soon if Dom turns out to be as good as some think he can be.

Third, kids as good as Austin looks to be often are attracted to competition, not repelled. He may be willing to take his chances on the depth chart to play at CU.

anyone see what Louisville did with 2 PG's this past year and both guys are around 6 foot to boot. Lets just get two full squads and run teams to death.

I asked Will on Rivals if he thought we'd be in position to take a PG in the '15 class given the fact we only have 1 scholarship available for it (as it stands right now). He said maybe, but he added that he didn't foresee any way that there wouldn't be some form of attrition by the time that class signs, so we should have at least 2 spots available. Given that we're pretty well set on the wing for the next few years, I think we'll probably look at PG and another big in the '15 class.

The staff is in a really good position with Conway right now. With an in-state kid who has CU at the top of his list, and who has already stated he's going to wait another year before deciding, they can be patient with an offer. This is a little different situation than Collier and Perkins, where we had to go all-in as early as possible to get in the running.

Conway's getting a lot of love at the Adidas Invitational right now. Lots of praise for his leadership and composure out there.

[tweet]355404040802271232[/tweet]

You can not have too many good point guards in my opinion

Seconded.

Conway's my #1 "realistic" target right now for 2015. It'd be even better if he committed here for football, so we could double up on the scholarship, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Honestly, from numerous people I've heard that you will not find a faster kid with the basketball in the country. That with Tad's pace would be deadly. The kid has some holes in his game, but everyone outside of the top 20 usually does.

Back