What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CO PG Austin Conway (Verbal to Wyoming)

Seconded.

Conway's my #1 "realistic" target right now for 2015. It'd be even better if he committed here for football, so we could double up on the scholarship, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Honestly, from numerous people I've heard that you will not find a faster kid with the basketball in the country. That with Tad's pace would be deadly. The kid has some holes in his game, but everyone outside of the top 20 usually does.
Will made it sound like there was no way he would play both sports in college. At least from a CU perspective.

'15 CO PG Austin Conway

Yes. You can have too many point guards. By the time he would play, it wouldn't really be an issue here, though. In an ideal world, he redshirts to put some separation between him and Collier. In reality, he may be good enough to push Talton and Stalzer to the end of the bench his Freshman year. Either way, he's a guy we want on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

He would be a great fit with Collier and Boyle's uptempo system. I hope he chooses bball because Collier and him would be a deadly combo. Also, if we land him, I believe we will have a better chance at Deron Davis in 2016.

Barring attrition, yes. Ski is our only projected senior graduating Spring 2015.
It's just an opinion, but Will think's we'll most assuredly have more than one scholarship for that class by the time it actually rolls around. Be it someone transferring or losing a Scott or XJ to the NBA. I for one, hope we do have more than one scholarship because I think we could really make a splash in recruiting for '15.

Conway is hugely important to the 2015 class and Tad's continuing efforts to build a wall around the state of Colorado.

Conway is hugely important to the 2015 class and Tad's continuing efforts to build a wall around the state of Colorado.

For all the failed rhetoric on the football side about closing the borders, watch Tad gettin er done. Roll Tad

For all the failed rhetoric on the football side about closing the borders, watch Tad gettin er done. Roll Tad

I think if the football team was coming off of back to back bowl seasons, with one bowl win, it would be much easier to get top football kids in Colorado. Players just want a chance to win; some would love it if it was in their home state.

Tad is doing a great job getting most of the top kids in Colorado, tho. Conway would be a great get.

I do wonder if he'd want to play in the same backcourt as Dom tho. We would certainly be small, but crazy athletic.

I think if the football team was coming off of back to back bowl seasons, with one bowl win, it would be much easier to get top football kids in Colorado. Players just want a chance to win; some would love it if it was in their home state.

Tad is doing a great job getting most of the top kids in Colorado, tho. Conway would be a great get.

I do wonder if he'd want to play in the same backcourt as Dom tho. We would certainly be small, but crazy athletic.
I doubt Dom's presence is an issue here. If Conway goes to a high major, he's likely doing so as a change of pace bench player, at least early in his career. I could see him growing into a starter, but after a year or two, when that could be an issue, Dom could be gone anyway. Besides, there's room for a two PG small ball lineup in CBB.

Wife works at Overland, so we went to check out their homecoming football game tonight. Conway is the qb. Extremely athletic. Like he could be a legit cb at a bcs school athletic.
I talked to another teacher friend who has him in one of her AP classes, and says that he is a very good and hardworking student as well. Which is always nice to hear. I really hope we land him.

Nice to see OTown is turning out the talent. I'm not worried at all about him being buried in a PG depth chart. Some guys are going to start going to the league before they play 4. I could see Collier going after 2.

It looks like Overland plays at Regis on Jan 4th. Regis is close to my home I'll swing down and check them out.

Josh Perkins isn't at Regis anymore. Just sayin'.

True. I only singled it out due to it being early in the season. I will go to more game than this one and report back on what I see. It is an exciting time for basketball in Colorado both at the collegiate and high school level we might as well enjoy it. I have heard other people mention Eaglecrest as strong competition I will definitely hit that game up as well.

[tweet]403244509342887936[/tweet]

Not sure if it's hoops or football

it's for football.

and I'm trying to embed the tweet, but I cant seem to figure it out.
here's a screencap

cxonway.jpg

Last edited:
Back