What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 JUCO PF Kenan Guzonjic (Signed to Colorado)

Reminds me some of the big kid who shot outside for Oregon State in the loss to CU last night ... we could use a shooter like that.

Looks like a desperation move. Certainly not Pac 12 caliber. Not a good sign for PF D'Ron Davis signature (Gordon PF, Tory Miller PF, Kenan PF) and no Center on the roster or signed after next year. Not one of those PF's are PAc 12 C's and Davis has said he is a PF. Very questionable recruiting!

Looks like a desperation move. Certainly not Pac 12 caliber. Not a good sign for PF D'Ron Davis signature (Gordon PF, Tory Miller PF, Kenan PF) and no Center on the roster or signed after next year. Not one of those PF's are PAc 12 C's and Davis has said he is a PF. Very questionable recruiting!
Have you seen him play? No clue how you related this top Davis, two different positions

'15 JUCO PF Kenan Guzonjic (Verbal to Colorado)

Can you explain what you don't like about this kid's game? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Once Scott leaves, Gordon will be playing the 5 just as he was earlier in the season. Only way that doesn't happen is if a better 5 option comes in soon.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;5fi8rVCOu34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fi8rVCOu34[/video]

You're certainly not a pac-12 caliber poster. Get lost.

So according to Walton blind siding a player is a good basketball play, but Dom making sure Young didn't get any points is failing to be a decent human being

Interesting video by nik, thanks.

Hard to tell much of the level of competition but the guy was doing some things that even if they were against air in practice could bode well for us.

Despite our level of athleticism the last couple years this team has been offensively challenged in the half court. If we couldn't get somebody an angle to slash to the basket we usually ended up with a low percentage chuck from the outside.

This guy looks like a guy who can get good shots in a half court set. He has inside moves and can also shoot well from mid range and the perimeter, step out on him and he can move a couple steps to create a better shot.

Now the question is can he do these things against PAC12 competition but I like this move better than grabbing another 6'5" wing who can't decide if he should be a basketball player or a defensive back.

Honestly, I think this is a bit dramatic. But let the man have his opinion.

Interesting in that it would mean at this moment there will be no freshmen on the team next season, unless someone currently on scholarship leaves.

Will told me once "the team takes the best talent they can get and worries about positions later".

Come on, this hardly qualifies as a "best player available" type scenario.

similar game to Jelly. Nothing pretty, but puts the ball in the hoop.

Jelly is averaging more points at the highest level of college basketball then this guy did in HS in El Paso or at a JUCO, so I'm not quite sure where the comparison as far as scoring effectiveness comes from.

Has anyone actually seen him play? If not then what the **** is anyone talking about?

Come on, this hardly qualifies as a "best player available" type scenario.

I can't argue that. But I was explaining why we took a forward instead of a guard and not to look into it too much.

I'm guessing Tad wanted to address size and shooting with a true stretch 4 player. Possible left handed Austin Default type of player here, I'm hoping.

[video=youtube;tBtX-2HQxZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBtX-2HQxZM[/video]

I don't see the guard skills that Austin had. At least not in the limited video we got to see. People forget that Austin ran his high school & AAU teams and blew up against top AAU competition in Vegas to get himself some power offers. He was recruited to be a 2 or 3, but changed his body and game out of team need. I think that worked out well for him, but he did have to grow into it.

Looks to me like Guzonjic comes in as a 4 or a wing. He's got a nice left-handed post game that shows a few different moves. He also shows good body control, using pump fakes and his pivot foot well to create space and angles. Shooting form looks good. He seems to be a skilled guy. Of any Buff, I think his game reminds me most of Dustin Thomas.

Talked with Scott Wilke the other day, this is the guy everyones most excited about for next season, which says a lot

Enlightening article on how he got here. Of note:

Toward the end of the 2013-14 season Guzonjic tore his meniscus and decided to return home to Bosnia to rehab and assess his future.

While in Bosnia, Guzonjic continues to work on his handles and face up game, something that Head Coach Tad Boyle really values in his four man. The brunt of his recruitment was handled by Colorado Assistant Mike Rohn. His relationship with Colorado redshirt sophomore George King also definitely played a part in his decision to go to Colorado. King and Guzonjic played club basketball together on the New Mexico D1 Ambassadors squad coached by Malik Waters. As a foreign player, it's nice to have some kind of connection and King's presence there surely helped.

I talked to him about how he wanted me to play and how i fit in the style of offense they run. He wanted a 4 man that can shoot, put it on the floor and post up. Also being able to play 3 through 5 which he explained to me when i was on a visit.

In Kenan's words this is why he chose the Buffs, " As a kid it was my dream to come to the United States and play college basketball. I chose Colorado because I see myself excelling there under Coach Boyle. The PAC 12 will also give me the most exposure. My goal is to become a pro and there's lots of future pro talent in that conference to compete against.

Back