What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 JUCO PF Kenan Guzonjic (Signed to Colorado)

[tweet]583305941006688256[/tweet]

[tweet]583307042569342976[/tweet]

Of the four recruits we currently have committed and not on campus, Kenan is the one I'm most excited about.

I saw the schedule Midland played, and the first thing I see is Clarendon,....... Clarendon TX is a grease spot on a map off 287 between Childress and the outskirts of Amarillo. The school makes Aims Community College look like The University of Texas. In 2010 they list a whopping faculty of 37 and I will guarantee you any DFW 5A HS can undress them and send them to the showers, and Midland lost to them.

I saw the schedule Midland played, and the first thing I see is Clarendon,....... Clarendon TX is a grease spot on a map off 287 between Childress and the outskirts of Amarillo. The school makes Aims Community College look like The University of Texas. In 2010 they list a whopping faculty of 37 and I will guarantee you any DFW 5A HS can undress them and send them to the showers, and Midland lost to them.

He went home last year to rehab his knee.

I noticed that I haven't posted in this thread yet. I am going to make a prediction so i can come back and pat myself on the back or you can all make fun of me.

2015-2016: he averages 12 minutes, 4.7 points and 2.3 boards a game while shooting 35% from 3
2016-2017: he hits the weights hard and comes starts at 230 pounds. His minutes increase to 18 a game and averages 6.1 points and 3.5 boards. He shoots 39% from 3
2017-2018: he fully hits his stride as a stretch 4 and he starts with big Tory manning the middle. He plays 30 minutes a night and averages 12.4 points and 7.7 boards and shoots a remarkable 43% from deep. He leads the buffs to a pac 12 tournament win by hitting 5 3's versus Cal and Flukes owes me a six pack of beer from buffalo brewing. The buffs reach the sweet 16 before they lose to Izzo. After the game Tad gives a hug and tells him he loves him like a son, Kenan quickly begins to blink to hold back the tears because he know that this moment made the past 3 years of hard work worthwhile.

I noticed that I haven't posted in this thread yet. I am going to make a prediction so i can come back and pat myself on the back or you can all make fun of me.

2015-2016: he averages 12 minutes, 4.7 points and 2.3 boards a game while shooting 35% from 3
2016-2017: he hits the weights hard and comes starts at 230 pounds. His minutes increase to 18 a game and averages 6.1 points and 3.5 boards. He shoots 39% from 3
2017-2018: he fully hits his stride as a stretch 4 and he starts with big Tory manning the middle. He plays 30 minutes a night and averages 12.4 points and 7.7 boards and shoots a remarkable 43% from deep. He leads the buffs to a pac 12 tournament win by hitting 5 3's versus Cal and Flukes owes me a six pack of beer from buffalo brewing. The buffs reach the sweet 16 before they lose to Izzo. After the game Tad gives a hug and tells him he loves him like a son, Kenan quickly begins to blink to hold back the tears because he know that this moment made the past 3 years of hard work worthwhile.

I think you just started something great.

He went home last year to rehab his knee.

Fair enough, I was just pointing out the level of competition, or non competition in this case, and his #'s don't exactly point to him dominating. I mean we are not talking about Emmanuel Mudiay here going 1/2 way around the world and being injured in a place where he doesn't speak the language, or know the customs. If he had the same HS numbers and played at FTW Dunbar, or Dallas Skyline I would sit up and say played with a ton of talent. The reality is El Paso is just not an athletic hot bed unless we are talking baseball, or track. I am not knocking the kid, I know nothing about him, again just pointing out what I see

Fair enough, I was just pointing out the level of competition, or non competition in this case, and his #'s don't exactly point to him dominating. I mean we are not talking about Emmanuel Mudiay here going 1/2 way around the world and being injured in a place where he doesn't speak the language, or know the customs. If he had the same HS numbers and played at FTW Dunbar, or Dallas Skyline I would sit up and say played with a ton of talent. The reality is El Paso is just not an athletic hot bed unless we are talking baseball, or track. I am not knocking the kid, I know nothing about him, again just pointing out what I see

True. Torren Jones, who wasn't considered more than an energy/defense big by a lot of Mizzou fans, averaged 18 & 10 for Midland. Meanwhile, Guzonjic avg'd 8 & 5 two seasons ago, hasn't played since, & has no other P5 offers. He has an interesting skill set but Tad's staff hasn't shown much in terms of player development over the last two recruiting cycles.

I really like what I see here. A stretch 5 who can shoot, the kind of player Wisconsin loves. A player like this could free up Johnson and Fletcher and king in slashing to the basket.

Back