What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 JUCO WR Josiah Blandin

I think we should be proactive. Let's make shifts for calling Independence CC so that we can blanket their admissions office 24 hours a day. We should start now.

Did you guys really do that?

A JUCO WR is not nearly the need it was a couple months ago IMO.

A couple months ago, I wanted a JUCO because the freshmen were completely unproven and there's no one in the junior class for 2015.

Now, I'm not worried about our freshmen but I'm really worried about whether Spruce will return for 2015.

So I'm really hoping for Blandin to make it in, but for completely different reasons than before.

If Spruce leaves for the NFL we probably need someone who can play immediately. WR is my last concern, though, in this class.

Tony Brown

So, yeah. It makes sense then. We're losing two seniors. Bring in a Juco guy as a junior where we won't have any juniors next year, and a freshman. It looks like this is all about class balance. And it doesn't hurt that the kid looks like he can play.

Can he contribute next year or not? Some red flags here.

These "red flags" you speak of better be in Barzil, because I'm not going through the pain of finding out what they are if not.

edit: I don't know what these red flags are. There's nothing on them in barzil, either. Can somebody fill me in? Eligibility issues?

Last edited:
I don´t blame you, but if you had read Adam´s comments on Rivals you would certainly be worried. It came across as a very low probability he would be able to quality for any FBS, let alone CU. I hope there was some misinformation or that something has changed for the better with his status. He would be a very important contribution to our 2015 season.

OK. I found it.

Bummer. Hope the kid is able to get here.

Just decommitted per his twitter and going to take some visits. Says CU is still at the top of his list.

Just decommitted per his twitter and going to take some visits. Says CU is still at the top of his list.

Well ain't you just a ray of sunshine.

WR is probably our deepest position. I like the young guys and with Spruce potentially back next year and Fields definitely back he may feel like he isn't going to be the focus of attention.

Still hurts though because as much as we throw we could use a more mature guy and his size/speed combination would make him a potential key guy for us.

Hope we can get him back but usually when kids do this it means they are gone.

I'd heard back before the UMass game that Blandin wants to come to CU but won't be coming here because of transcript issues.

Being the hopeless optimist that I am, I wanted to think that something might have broken in our favor here when Blandin started playing in games this year. But that wasn't real hope... more like hoping I could justify having hope. :smile2:

Opened a spot for an under-the-radar guy... our bread and butter!

Not panicked... long way until Feb 1st. Trust this staff's ability to evaluate talent.

What happened to Blandin? I thought he was a verbal?

Reportedly were going to be admissions issues and he's looking for other opportunities. I don't think anyone around here would be upset if that reversed, but I haven't heard anything positive on that front.

He still hasn't signed anywhere, but I just read a local newspaper article that mentioned he was supposed to sign somewhere in the coming weeks.

Back